306 hdi clutch

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306 hdi clutch
hello, its the common old subject again about the hdi clutch, the car is running a stage 1+ and has recently started slipping so looks like its a time for a new clutch as stage 2/2+ could be possible in the neer future. Itwasntme i have done alot of reading on the subject with some interesting points.

the common views seem to be a standard valeo/luk clutch will handle stage 1 but not stage 2 but however one person has managed the full torque stage 2 on a standard clutch bedded in well

and the next up is cg who have mixed reviews and then being a paddle clutch or the mixed plate that they have for around £250 and up form that is helix organic or paddle but for big ££££

what i am asking is how many people have had good success with different cheaper options? for example like a sachs standard clutch bedded in well handle stage 2 figures or a combination for example using a stand organic plate with a uprated pressure plate?

any input on your own personal experience aswell would be very useful in finding a solution Inlove

any help would be very appricated

jake
Thanks given by:
Read through all the previous threads, its all written out for you already. Seems like you have already got most of the info so its just decision time. As youve said the lower cost options are more likely to bot last but a standard clutch lasts you over a year then for 1/5 of the price of a helix is it really that bad? Ok you have to change the clutch every year but it will take you 5 years before the cost is out weighed. Thats if it last a year.
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I've been running the Sachs Berlingo clutch past 1000 miles with stage 2+ map it's been fine so far.
Bye Bye D-Turbo
Phase 1 GTi-6 now has a new owner
Rolling in the: Phase 3 HDI Wagon

The current estate project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-22237.html
Thanks given by:
(11-09-2014, 06:45 PM)Slam Wagon Wrote: Read through all the previous threads, its all written out for you already. Seems like you have already got most of the info so its just decision time. As youve said the lower cost options are more likely to bot last but a standard clutch lasts you over a year then for 1/5 of the price of a helix is it really that bad? Ok you have to change the clutch every year but it will take you 5 years before the cost is out weighed. Thats if it last a year.

yeah thanks, i have done alot of reading but i was just looking for a few last minuet opinions Smile

jake

(11-09-2014, 06:57 PM)Jtrigga Wrote: I've been running the Sachs Berlingo clutch past 1000 miles with stage 2+ map it's been fine so far.

sounds good so far Smile is that a standard replacement clutch?
Thanks given by:
It's standard for the berlingo lol. It fits straight on without modification, if that's what you're asking.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by: