Air con

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Air con
Hiya

As I'm hoping to get a 6 again, but I do love air con deeply Blush I was wondering people thoughts on how likely am I to get one with working a/c? Or do the units pack up a lot.

Ta muchly
Thanks given by:
Good luck! lol

Chances of finding a 306 with working air con these days is slim to none!
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Mine works Wink
Thanks given by:
My gti-6 has fully working air con,blowing out ice cold air, but they can be expensive if and when they go wrong,but its all down to preventive maintenance.
Thanks given by:
I'll just get my coat then... lol
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Looking at the paperwork that came with my car the previous owner of 11 years had it looked at two or three times...still doesn't really work. I just open a few windows.
Thanks given by:
So I do have some hope then!
Thanks given by:
I looked at a load of them and couldn't find one with working aircon so I wouldn't let that be a factor in which car you chose to buy.

I fixed mine very cheap repaired the two lower pipes and replaced the condenser and still working a year and a half later. So if you are handy with the spanners this maybe your best bet at getting a car you want with working aircon.

Some info on this page http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-15875.html
Thanks given by:
You'll never find it working and it's very expensive to get fixed.. Just roll a window down buddy!
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
AC FTW!! But if you want AC, don't buy a 306. lol

Putting the window down just isn't anywhere near the same lol.
Thanks given by:
my AC works well in my estate Smile cooooooooool Tongue
Thanks given by:
(11-09-2014, 04:45 PM)Orta Wrote: You'll never find it working and it's very expensive to get fixed.. Just roll a window down buddy!

Not necessarily true if it's the usual faults lower pipes and condenser and you can do it yourself for roughly £150 - £200. ThumbsUp
Thanks given by:
The systems need looking after and using regularly. The attitude on here is common and means systems are neglected and break

Tom is right, AC is far better than opening a window. Its not just cooling remember, its air CONDITIONING. Dehumidifies too and filters if the car has a pollen filter.

I recon a good independent engineering firm could make those pipes up for a fraction of what peugeot charge for them

Now I have a car with it again, I never turn it off. I let the CC decide if it should be running or not.
Thanks given by:
What did it cost you to repair cpikey?
Thanks given by:
(11-09-2014, 05:48 PM)cpikey316_ Wrote: Tom is right, AC is far better than opening a window. Its not just cooling remember, its air CONDITIONING. Dehumidifies too and filters if the car has a pollen filter.

Interestingly, even without a pollen filter, the AC system removes pollen. The evaporator gets condensation on the outside of it, so when the blower blows the 'dirty' air through it the pollen sticks to the damp evaporator, the water and pollen then run off out of the drain on the bulkhead. No more sneezing fits which are probably the most dangerous part of summer driving in a 306 for some of us. lol

That said, 306s really do need a pollen filter lol, the amount of shite that comes in through the vents is disgusting! Confused
Thanks given by:
(11-09-2014, 05:57 PM)Ican Wrote: What did it cost you to repair cpikey?

Gave up with every PSA car i've owned, costs are £ra*e.99

Saab and Honda both worked perfectly. Saab convertible (1999) and Honda Accord (2007)

Not exactly comparable models, I dont know how air con systems in other equivalent cars compare.
Thanks given by: