Rare cars you dont see anymore,

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rare cars you dont see anymore,
(01-12-2014, 07:39 AM)bashbarnard Wrote: I must know people with old and classic cars cars we'll. His thread has made me realise why they have them. I know not one but 2 people with uno turbos. A guy with a 900 turbo saab. A guy with an austin metro. A guy with a rover metro. Used to know a guy with a punto turbo. Know a guy with a renault 5, renault 19 that he supercharged just cause he could. His even got a renault 5 camper thing. Grandads got austin Cambridges, morris oxfords I think 9 in total now. And a couple of old landys. The things I dont see anymore are things like astra gtes, nova sri's even 205 gtis are becoming a rare site now. Wish I could justify having another classic car atm but with the mini I havnt touched in 6 months I just dont have the time or space anymore

Because vauxhall suck lol first car was a complete nova gsi rep. What a rotter plus it only done 45k
Thanks given by:
I drove to Selby last week and almost all of the 220 mile trip was on the motorway... I came to me on the way up, don't see many 306s on the road anymore? Who actually owns one? I can't even remember what my own 306 looks like... Undecided
  2001 Onyx Black 306 HDi Dturbo
[Image: 37c8a52a-43f7-4f95-b11a-9e912fe2446a_zpsf69cda28.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(03-12-2014, 10:16 AM)Ari Wrote: I drove to Selby last week and almost all of the 220 mile trip was on the motorway... I came to me on the way up, don't see many 306s on the road anymore? Who actually owns one? I can't even remember what my own 306 looks like... Undecided

In both oxfordshire and warwickshire I see them everywhere?!
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
I don't see many in donny, couple of hdis, used to see a m reg nad but that's about it
Thanks given by:
Gti6's have always been almost non existent around my area. Saw a few rallye's on my travels. Suppose it's because they are really sought after.

Uses to be dturbos and xsi's as the most common hot 306's around me
Thanks given by:
I see two everyday. Mine (duh) and my neighbours in the same colour but 6 months newer.
We've both gained friends too.
Since his wave to me and mine wave to him lol
Thanks given by:
(30-11-2014, 10:17 PM)MCH Wrote: There's one of these not too far from me:

[Image: VIJ8674_sunbeam-stiletto_Imp05.jpg]

Its very much like this one...

Not sure if its a
Hillman Imp
Singer Chamois
Sunbeam Stiletto

My dad says its called a Hillman imp sunbeam Stiletto
Thanks given by:
It is a Sunbeam Stiletto, which is a version of Hillman Imp. 55bhp engine instead of the standard 39.
You could also buy a Hillman Imp Californian, which used the same bodyshell, but instead of twin 5" headlamps, it had single 7" round headlamps like a standard Imp saloon.
Thanks given by:
they did them in 3 guises as the "fastback" sloped back variant

Hillman Imp Californian
Sunbeam Stiletto
Singer chamois

They were all in effect the same car with varying spec... my dad had a non fastback version I think he said the reg was 356 KO and he KO'd it into a jag when the jag came round a bend on his side of the road...
Thanks given by:
spotted a late sapphire cosworth today, on a K plate. I had to wind down a window so that I could hear that cossie verbal again!
Thanks given by:
(08-12-2014, 04:51 PM)procta Wrote: spotted a late sapphire cosworth today, on a K plate. I had to wind down a window so that I could hear that cossie verbal again!

One of my all time favourites!
Thanks given by:
Mk2 2 door estate Astra on eBay! Saab power Cool
Thanks given by:
i saw a D plated 190e merc, might be the only D plater about
Thanks given by:
(11-12-2014, 03:30 PM)procta Wrote: i saw a D plated 190e merc, might be the only D plater about
Pre-facelift 190s are mega rare, better looking too.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
(11-12-2014, 11:00 PM)THE_Liam Wrote:
(11-12-2014, 03:30 PM)procta Wrote: i saw a D plated 190e merc, might be the only D plater about
Pre-facelift 190s are mega rare, better looking too.

It was in mint condition too! it had steelies on with the original merc wheel trims.
Thanks given by:
Hi,

Google Hillman Imp Alfa engine.

The Impin picture  is (now) a convertible, and the engine is a 1.7 Boxer.

I've seen this car on the road, some years ago, so I don't know if the query further down the listings was/was the same car.

Thanks given by:
(11-12-2014, 02:43 PM)Jimmy306uk Wrote: Mk2 2 door estate Astra on eBay! Saab power Cool

Lol dad had one of those years ago. What the hell is the point in a 2 door estate.

One of the worst used cars we have ever owned. When it rarely ran right, the wee 1.4i was nippy though
Thanks given by:
(15-12-2014, 10:20 PM)blaze_the_6 Wrote:
(11-12-2014, 02:43 PM)Jimmy306uk Wrote: Mk2 2 door estate Astra on eBay! Saab power Cool

Lol dad had one of those years ago.  What the hell is the point in a 2 door estate.

One of the worst used cars we have ever owned.  When it rarely ran right, the wee 1.4i was nippy though

there used to be a D plate on knocking about, it was a diesel powered and I think it had a face lift from the later mk2.
that was about 6 years ago, it had been looked after as it had been re sprayed sliver with aftermarket alloys. So it was very tidy, used as a daily runner too!
Thanks given by:
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vie...1509903491

I think it looks sweet haha..nice sleeper
Thanks given by:
(16-12-2014, 11:31 AM)Jimmy306uk Wrote: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vie...1509903491

I think it looks sweet haha..nice sleeper

that does look a giggle and a half! god help the chav who tries it on with that! But then again he wont really know wtf it is!
Thanks given by:
today while I was coming back from my mates, I saw a Ford P100, looked shitty sadly as it had a been tarted up badly! it had the tina front end on, not the sierra.
Thanks given by:
[Image: 20140913_215722.jpg] here's a picture of my old mg montego turbo which was stolen in the late 90's, I've never seen one since, I suppose it was a rare car even when I owned it

Excuse the pic, it's a picture of a picture

[Image: 20140913_215734.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(27-12-2014, 11:16 AM)fgrc76 Wrote: [Image: 20140913_215722.jpg]  here's a picture of my old mg montego turbo which was stolen in the late 90's, I've never seen one since, I suppose it was a rare car even when I owned it

Excuse the pic, it's a picture of a picture

[Image: 20140913_215734.jpg]

most of the Austin montego and maestro range were shown the door when they were still in production rumour had it. only the metro survives from the mighty 80s Ms
Thanks given by:
I remember a guy who loved opposite my parent's having 3 Montego's and a Maestro back in the day. What ever car he had he always had a spare of the same. He did it with Granada's then Scorpio's the weirdo.
Thanks given by:
Interesting article on MSN relating to this today - a few I hadn't even seen before!

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/cars/news/popul...HP#image=1
Thanks given by: procta
(31-12-2014, 03:29 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Interesting article on MSN relating to this today - a few I hadn't even seen before!

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/cars/news/popul...HP#image=1

fuckin hell tom, looking at those brings me back to when I was about 5 years old to the mid 90s!
but the figures are not really correct, as there are more than 1000 Austin metros on the road, you just have to pop up on the metro owners club, but you have the f*cking mini owners to thank for thinning out the Mk1 and Mk2 range! robbing the mg and mg turbos of their engines!  Them bastards have broken a few good metros in the past!
Pisses me off to see any good car no matter what it is been bought and stripped for its engine and then binned!
Also most of those cars in the link might have survived if the internet had been around in the 90s.
Thanks given by: Jimmy306uk
Lots of memories in that link, Learned to drive in a B11 Sunny! Another one not mentioned yet is the Vauxhall Calibra. I know they're a Cav in a party frock but I Loved my old SE4 back in the day. Still have an SE9 if the chance came up

[Image: Thecalibra-1.jpg]
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
(31-12-2014, 04:53 PM)Pete Wrote: Lots of memories in that link, Learned to drive in a B11 Sunny! Another one not mentioned yet is the Vauxhall Calibra. I know they're a Cav in a party frock but I Loved my old SE4 back in the day. Still have an SE9 if the chance came up

[Image: Thecalibra-1.jpg]

now those are a f*cking very, very rare sight to see! most of those lost their engines to the nova/ corsa and astra boys. Shame really as I think the 406 coupe is the only survivor from the 90s coupe era.
Thanks given by:
I raided Halford's with mine lol Was only the 2.0 8v though but went OK for my first 'decent' car
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
il just leave this here

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1983-VAUXHALL-...1630000330

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  306 gti6 are rare? lolsteve 14 4,435 13-05-2014, 07:21 PM
Last Post: bigcheez2k3
  do i or dont i cully 43 8,754 23-04-2014, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Toms306
  A rare colour dont you think? reckord 24 7,677 28-02-2014, 10:10 PM
Last Post: E_KEL95