Peugeot 306 hdi missfire/hesitation

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peugeot 306 hdi missfire/hesitation
Hi there iam new to the forum and i was woundering if anyone could help me,i have a peugeot 306 hdi is drives fine but ive been suffering a problem iam not sure if you would call it a missfire or hesitation when driving this happens all the time when the car is cold/hot

any help would be greatfull

thanks
Thanks given by:
By any chance do you use supermarket diesel? Or a non quality diesel? (Bio etc)

Does the speedo drop when it happens?

I think you could use a clean out of the fuel system.
'01 Astor Grey HDi DTurbo 3 Door - Current/Daily/Does Everything I ask of it

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
i use bp diesel the speedo did drop so i changed the speedo sensor but still having the missfire/hesitation
Thanks given by:
(07-09-2014, 07:56 PM)paulpope33 Wrote: i use bp diesel the speedo did drop so i changed the speedo sensor but still having the missfire/hesitation

Does the speedo still drop though? Is it the same hesitation?

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
the speedo doesnt drop anymore but still the same hesitation
Thanks given by:
(07-09-2014, 08:00 PM)paulpope33 Wrote: the speedo doesnt drop anymore but still the same hesitation

Hmm I'd try cleaning the fuel system then. If you know anyone with peugeotplanet near you ask them to do a diagnostic on your car see what comes up. Probably be some synchronisation error and can then work out the issue.

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
ive had it in peugeot garage theres no faults at all coming up whats best way of cleaning the fuel system out and whats best to use
Thanks given by:
Don't use anything to clean out the fuel system, especially not products like Redex, the high-pressure fueling components don't seem to enjoy it. The only things really worth checking on the fuel system are the filter and fpr, if you're taking the filter out don't forget to drain the diesel in the housing and clean that out before refitting/replacing the filter.

Isn't this a symptom of as dirty tps? Perhaps worth giving that a clean, think deeturbo did a guide iirc.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(08-09-2014, 05:47 AM)Poodle Wrote: Don't use anything to clean out the fuel system, especially not products like Redex, the high-pressure fueling components don't seem to enjoy it. The only things really worth checking on the fuel system are the filter and fpr, if you're taking the filter out don't forget to drain the diesel in the housing and clean that out before refitting/replacing the filter.

Isn't this a symptom of as dirty tps? Perhaps worth giving that a clean, think deeturbo did a guide iirc.

Aye don't run anything through the fuel system was gonna say clean out the filter in the lift pump. Clean/replace fpr.

Suprised p0230 code wasn't thrown up or something when you had it checked with the garage.

I've heard to clean out the fpr just get some carb cleaner on it but take out the rubber rings (think they're green) before hand or anything that could get damaged from cleaning.

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
Hesitation with no fault codes sounds like a MAF issue to me... Could try unplugging it, if the car drives the same or better with MAF unplugged, it is at fault.
Thanks given by:
(08-09-2014, 08:23 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Hesitation with no fault codes sounds like a MAF issue to me... Could try unplugging it, if the car drives the same or better with MAF unplugged, it is at fault.

ive unplugged the MAF still running the same
Thanks given by:
Could i have a problem with the high pressure fuel pump, when ticking over its fine iam only getting the problem when driving the car
Thanks given by:
toms306 says above ( if the car drives the same or better with MAF unplugged, it is at fault.) now you say its still running the same i persobaly would try another maf.
Thanks given by:
i have a new MAF on way should have it with in the next 2 days i will replace and reply with results
Thanks given by:
I hope you bought genuine maf, pattern parts seem to be unreliable at best when it comes to sensors on these. Confused

If you had fuel pressure problems it'd come up with the infamous p0230 code, same goes for cam/crank synchronisation - would expect to see relevant codes.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
theres been no codes and no managenent light
Thanks given by:
(09-09-2014, 06:05 PM)paulpope33 Wrote: theres been no codes and no managenent light

Well fingers crossed a changed maf sensor may help!

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
i should have it tomorrow /thursday
Thanks given by:
(09-09-2014, 06:46 PM)Razorback_Rob Wrote: Well fingers crossed a changed maf sensor may help!

Second that, keep us updated. Smile
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Update its turned out that there was to much vacuum being created in the fuel tank the problem was with the breather pipe so i phoned peugeot to get the parts i needed but they told me that they dont supply the parts anymore so i have ended up drilling an hole in the fuel cap so the tank can breath untill i can find anywhere that i can get the part from since drilling hole in fuel cap the car as been running 100% perfect

thanks to all who as helped
Thanks given by:
Not come across that before, one to remember for future. Thanks for taking the time to update us.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
a brether can be made useing a one way valve and some 8mm pipe
Thanks given by:
I am surprised the parts are not available
Thanks given by:
unlikely that is true really, they just cant be aqrsed 99% of the time to order things as they dont keep stocl, its all in warehouses.
Thanks given by:
ive have looked everywhere to get this part i think the only way would be to buy some pipe or have a look round the scrap yards
Thanks given by:
did the tank collapse ( bent internals now?? so fuel gauge out?? ) or make a "thunk" noise when the fuel cap was released?? mind you little fuel used and a moderately blocked vent would allow air back in slowly so not noticeable......

(14-10-2014, 09:23 AM)pug306driver Wrote: did the tank collapse ( bent internals now?? so fuel gauge out?? ) or make a "thunk" noise when the fuel cap was released?? mind you little fuel used and a moderately blocked vent would allow air back in slowly so not noticeable......

one "odd ball" or "long shot" for the diagnosis bit.......

as ever, brilliant forumHeart
Thanks given by:
No the fuel tank did not collapse there was a hell of a gargling noise when i removed the fuel cap from the tank
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hesitation at 3k Paul_13 14 1,878 02-05-2015, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Poodle
  Hesitation and "misfire" at 3k and above Paul_13 15 2,877 29-12-2014, 10:22 PM
  Engine hesitation, low revs... C.A.R. 12 3,531 09-08-2013, 05:09 PM