fitting fmic HELP!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fitting fmic HELP!!
i have everything i need all came of a hdi but cant for the life of me work it all out Sad
Thanks given by:
When I did it i put the inlet pipe on and attached the intercooler to the front of the car and just worked from the intercooler to the turbo and inlet. Trial and error until it's all joined together!
Thanks given by:
(07-09-2014, 08:56 PM)j77hrn Wrote: When I did it i put the inlet pipe on and attached the intercooler to the front of the car and just worked from the intercooler to the turbo and inlet. Trial and error until it's all joined together!

i tried looking at a few pics think i have kinda got it i just need to do a bit more reading up tbh mate i have never done anything like this before.
Thanks given by:
There's several guides on intercooling, there's also tons of project threads with lots of pictures of how other have done theirs. You can't get an off-the-shelf kit, so it's never going to be straight-forward to install. I did mine in 2 stages because i was using the car daily and couldn't afford to have it off the road for any time. First i mounted the fmic and mocked up all the pipework aside from the inlet and turbo pipes, once i was happy with all that i swapped over the inlet elbow and turbo bottom pipe to plumb it all in. Just takes off time pressure when it comes to mocking stuff up.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(08-09-2014, 05:56 AM)Poodle Wrote: There's several guides on intercooling, there's also tons of project threads with lots of pictures of how other have done theirs. You can't get an off-the-shelf kit, so it's never going to be straight-forward to install. I did mine in 2 stages because i was using the car daily and couldn't afford to have it off the road for any time. First i mounted the fmic and mocked up all the pipework aside from the inlet and turbo pipes, once i was happy with all that i swapped over the inlet elbow and turbo bottom pipe to plumb it all in. Just takes off time pressure when it comes to mocking stuff up.

Thanks for that bud luckily i have two hdis at the moment..i think tbh i am about there i have it all on just needs few tweeks and some mounting brackets making up havent had chance to check for leaks or anything yet as the car has no exhaust on until tommorow.. quick question about running more psi through the turbo i know the text but have never done anything like this myself so any advice would be muchly appreciated Smile p.s i also was missing 406 plastic hose coming of turbo why it wasnt quite making sense but managed to get one first scrap yard i went to
Thanks given by:
Sorry, I don't understand the question about boost..? The standard turbo is safe up to approximately 20psi, no guarantees of course.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
More of how would I got about altering the psi sorry mate was half asleep when that was wrote
Thanks given by:
Fitting a mbc is recomended and you would need to get it mapped to suit.
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Have a look at the guide section mate, it's all in there. Smile
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I still need to fit my mbc! When I fit it is it a 4mm joiner I need for the silicon hose or a 5mm? I don't want to cut through and realise it's the wrong size!
Thanks given by:
Lovely thanks for all the advice really helped it's getting close to being on the road now and I'm getting excited Smile
Thanks given by:
Im using 4mm
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I used a 4mm was a bit loose but used a good cable tie, a 5mm would be perfect.
Bye Bye D-Turbo
Phase 1 GTi-6 now has a new owner
Rolling in the: Phase 3 HDI Wagon

The current estate project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-22237.html
Thanks given by:
I used a 4mm was a bit loose but used a good cable tie, a 5mm would be perfect.
Bye Bye D-Turbo

Thanks given by:
Cheers, might try fitting it over the weekend! I think I'm leaking boost though, only sitting at around 10 psi Sad
Thanks given by:
I thought that 2 bud I'm only sitting at ten psi 2.. Question to anyone I know there's two sorts of boost controller what one would everybody use??
Thanks given by:
Ball and spring type is generally regarded as being the better
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Nice one bud there is one where you have to pieces tho if that makes sense and has 3 pipes coming of and one that's just a single piece with 2 pipes would bring an item up on eBay but am on my phone
Thanks given by:
The one with 3 pipes is a bleed valve type, the one with 2 pipes is the ball and spring.. that's the one you want
Thanks given by:
Lovely nice on bud I ain't got a clue when it comes to stuff like this first car I have owned with a turbo
Thanks given by:
S'alright mate, everyone's gotta start somewhere
Thanks given by:
http://ebay.to/OmXJpD

This is the one I used, can't fault it very accurate for adjusting the boost. Make the seller an offer too.
Bye Bye D-Turbo

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Made a start on fitting the FMIC today titch 9 2,413 13-04-2014, 07:41 PM
Last Post: titch
  Fitting fmic mattgreene 6 1,607 18-03-2014, 02:26 PM
Last Post: mspdan