307 hdi

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
307 hdi
Ive been looking at a 2005 307 hdi van with 60k. Whats the common problems with these cars?
Thanks given by:
Electrics are the problem with most of the peugeots from the mid naughties.
Thanks given by:
1.6 hdi? I know the 206 had turbo/dpf problems. Are they the same engine?
Thanks given by:
2.0 hdi,

Ive had a 2.0 hdi berlingo in the past, it was reliable enough, Its a facelift 307, I take it they didn't sort the elecs out from the first models
Thanks given by:
From experience, check for diesel leaking around injectors (still trying to find out where its coming from!)
Thanks given by:
(03-09-2014, 08:16 PM)Iceman299 Wrote: From experience, check for diesel leaking around injectors (still trying to find out where its coming from!)

is yours a 16v, Dw10bted4? I have had this on mine, recon the injectors
Thanks given by:
(06-09-2014, 08:20 PM)Daniel306 Wrote:
(03-09-2014, 08:16 PM)Iceman299 Wrote: From experience, check for diesel leaking around injectors (still trying to find out where its coming from!)

is yours a 16v, Dw10bted4? I have had this on mine, recon the injectors

Yeah its 2ltr hdi, pools of diesels all around the injectors, planning on degreasing the engine bay tomorrow just to see exactly where its coming from as it only seems to leak when under load. My car seems to hate diesel as its leaking from the petrol tank pipe area as well lol

How much did the injector recon set you back?
Thanks given by:
There is 3 2.0 Hdi's 90hp, 110hp and 136hp, mine is the 136 16v, i got 2nd hand injectors on ebay, recon is about £40 each at mates rates, thats what il do next time there is a problem

[Image: %24(KGrHqF,!rEFBkdn7oHEBQjnZjtkyQ~~60_35.JPG]

They leak from the bolt on the body between the pipe connection and the plug
Thanks given by:
Oh ok cool, i'll have a proper look once its all cleaned, before i throw more money at this damn thing!
Thanks given by:
Dan, his is a 90.

It's such a small amount of leakage in money terms that its not worth having refurbed imo. You waste more fuel as soot in a month. Tongue
Thanks given by:
(07-09-2014, 08:21 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Dan, his is a 90.

It's such a small amount of leakage in money terms that its not worth having refurbed imo. You waste more fuel as soot in a month. Tongue

Yup, if it's not something cheap to fix then i'll happily live with it. With the clutch that needs doing, i'm spending more on maintenance than i did for the actual car Doh lol
Thanks given by:
That's the problem with 306s these days unfortunately.

Though a clutch shouldn't cost too much if you're doing it yourself.

You can try nipping up the injector pipe nuts slightly (not too tight though!) as I've heard they can cause slight leakage. But tbh I've never bothered trying to stop it on mine, it really is only a few pence worth on a tankful.
Thanks given by:
My mate who works at carcraft is sorting it out for me for £90 labour, but by the time i buy a clutch, cable, bushes etc it all adds up. Especially now i've left a 30k job at JLR to go back to college and do a level 2 in motor vehicle maintenance and repair.

I did tighten everything up but to no avail, just the diesel smell coming through the air vents is annoying

Atleast it passed its mot last week with no issues ThumbsUp
Thanks given by: