Im the new owner

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Im the new owner
So as most people were aware Jonny's was selling his estate. I had always been a big fan of it and was really tempted to have it when the opportunity come up and i ended up getting it and picked it up last weekend. Got a few bits to do and will start a project thread at some point. A few pics though anyway

[Image: 006C9AAD-5B6B-47A2-94FC-9EF914A28A00_zpsrddphm1n.jpg]

[Image: F7B4246A-598E-4E34-9286-414932FD4B4B_zps7ap0lbi9.jpg]

[Image: F2D47265-E50B-4374-8213-8F29954A9296_zpsoide2lj7.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Ah finally this thread has appeared. Good to see its still with a member! What are your plans for it? Will good to see what the next chapter holds for it!
Thanks given by:
Umm plans are to make it into a daily drive and see how it goes. Putting all the interior etc back in. Obvoisly got to sort the clutch. Weather it was a good idea or not i am going to try a new valeo, worth a shot for £72 but i can see i will end up getting a paddle clutch. Put it back with power steering and see what happens from there basically. Also see about getting it mapped properly to the turbo
Thanks given by:
Glad to see its still about
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Yeh having it mapped to suit the turbo should make a big difference. Didnt realise it wasnt already. Im not sure a valeo will hold it as it normally fails to hold a stage 2 let alone a bigger turbo!
Thanks given by:
Yeah the clutch is more of a temporary fix while I try to save up and will take it steady and see how it goes. The clutch type has been converted to Xud style so think that clutch will hopefully hold better than a hdi set up style clutch. But anyway we will see
Thanks given by:
Oh yeah i have heard of that conversion! Oh well guess youll have to see how it goes. Good luck!
Thanks given by:
Well it will all be another learning curve as i haven't had much to do with hdi's before
Thanks given by:
See steve nice and easy to get to him off the m5. Sure he can do you a map which comes in a little more gently to start with, save the clutch as much as you can till you get something meatier in.
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Glad to see this has gone to a forum member. Speak to jp I reckon he would do you a good map that will benefit both the valeo clutch and the turbo.
Bye Bye D-Turbo
Phase 1 GTi-6 now has a new owner
Rolling in the: Phase 3 HDI Wagon

The current estate project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-22237.html
Thanks given by:
Good to see my old baby has gone to another forum member. I wouldn't bother with a valor mate as it was slipping when I first fitted a brand new valeo on that map and that was before jonny fitted the. tuturbo .
Thanks given by:
Love the sound of this thing, best sounding HDI I've heard Smile
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Feckin early start that was!

Think we had driven up, delivered the S16, loaded and moved another 306 and loaded the estate and was having bacon sandwiches around half 9?

Frosty has already been claiming bits off the 306s that are being broken up locally Tongue
Thanks given by:
(03-09-2014, 09:50 PM)Slam Wagon Wrote: See steve nice and easy to get to him off the m5. Sure he can do you a map which comes in a little more gently to start with, save the clutch as much as you can till you get something meatier in.

Did you get your car mapped with Steve to suit your turbo? I need to get it all running and them see about speaking to him

(03-09-2014, 09:52 PM)Jtrigga Wrote: Glad to see this has gone to a forum member. Speak to jp I reckon he would do you a good map that will benefit both the valeo clutch and the turbo.

Think I'm going to go for pro Steve so I can drive up and actually speak in person etc as he is a bit more local to me
Thanks given by:
Did JP not say he'd map it for the new owner free of charge?
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(04-09-2014, 07:02 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Good to see my old baby has gone to another forum member. I wouldn't bother with a valor mate as it was slipping when I first fitted a brand new valeo on that map and that was before jonny fitted the. tuturbo .

Well we will see how it goes, but I'm not massively hopefully. May regret it but it's the cheaper opinion that the moment

(04-09-2014, 07:11 AM)THE_Liam Wrote: Love the sound of this thing, best sounding HDI I've heard Smile

It sure does have a nice sound

(04-09-2014, 09:31 AM)mr_fish Wrote: Feckin early start that was!

Think we had driven up, delivered the S16, loaded and moved another 306 and loaded the estate and was having bacon sandwiches around half 9?

Frosty has already been claiming bits off the 306s that are being broken up locally Tongue

Yeah was an early start, very thankful of your help. Yeah must of been about then we were tucking into some bacon sandwiches

(04-09-2014, 09:44 AM)Midnightclub Wrote: Did JP not say he'd map it for the new owner free of charge?

Yeah think he did but I would rather go see someone if you know what I mean.
Thanks given by:
(04-09-2014, 09:42 AM)Frosty Wrote:
(03-09-2014, 09:50 PM)Slam Wagon Wrote: See steve nice and easy to get to him off the m5. Sure he can do you a map which comes in a little more gently to start with, save the clutch as much as you can till you get something meatier in.

Did you get your car mapped with Steve to suit your turbo? I need to get it all running and them see about speaking to him

I did yeah, went to see him as hes only a 20 min drive from me. Nice and easy to get to from the motorway. Took a couple of trips to him to get it running as best we could. Lots of little tweaking and testing. Top guy and very helpful.
Thanks given by:
Can't think of a better new owner for this, look forward to seeing her come on.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Like I said when I saw you mate it's nice to see it is going to a good owner

I'm sure it will turn into an awesome project
Thanks given by:
Nice too see it go to a forum member.

Aren't paddle clutches fairly cheap for 306's?
Thanks given by:
They should be, seeing as you only get half the friction material. Itwasntme

Good to see it's gone to another forum member that'll look after it and further improve it though. Smile
Thanks given by:
I do love an estate and think this looks sweet, wouldn't mind one of these next, nice motor u have there bud
Thanks given by:
Got a couple of Silver bits should you need them mate Wink
Bianca Rallye
1989 205 GTi6 on ITBs
BMW Z4 3.0

Thousands of GTi6 parts availabile.
Thanks given by:
Seems theres some pretty high expectations for you with this.
Thanks given by:
(04-09-2014, 12:41 PM)Poodle Wrote: Can't think of a better new owner for this, look forward to seeing her come on.

Cheers mate, hope i don't disappoint

(04-09-2014, 02:38 PM)rocker8742 Wrote: Like I said when I saw you mate it's nice to see it is going to a good owner

I'm sure it will turn into an awesome project

Cheers i'm sure you'll see it around when its on the road

(04-09-2014, 04:24 PM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: Nice too see it go to a forum member.

Aren't paddle clutches fairly cheap for 306's?

Well i had a CG paddle friction plate for my d turbo but it was scrap after 3000 miles as was down to the rivets and scrapping the pressure plate though it still did grip well. That cost me £125 and that was meant to be a special price

(04-09-2014, 09:13 PM)Slam Wagon Wrote: Seems theres some pretty high expectations for you with this.

Yeah seems that way. No pressure then

Cheers for all the comments guys. I will try and get a project thread going this weekend
Thanks given by:
Sure I will man get her back to the old standards and she'll fly
Thanks given by: