106 possible project

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
106 possible project
Tongue 
I have a 106 1.5d sat at home, the engines shot head gasket gone and water pump seized, I was wondering If any one has ever put a 1.9td 306 engine in one? I've been told it should work with Abit of work and 205 drive shaft

Any one have any ideas?
Thanks given by:
I had a phase 1 106 with a dturbo in, was kinda bodged as the driveshafts we're welded and it lasted me a whole hour before it went but yeah it's possible. Although I didn't make it, it did seen Abit of a squeeze

E: not sure if a s2 106 would be as easy?
Thanks given by:
(03-09-2014, 12:41 PM)Jimmy306uk Wrote: I had a phase 1 106 with a dturbo in, was kinda bodged as the driveshafts we're welded and it lasted me a whole hour before it went but yeah it's possible. Although I didn't make it, it did seen Abit of a squeeze

Thanks it's either going to get started or scrapped but I'd spoke to a "road rally" bloke and he said if I use the 205 drive shafts as ones longer and other short they fit when mounted because of the new gear ow position.
Thanks given by:
The one I had was a properly quick car tbh, was stripped out, Bosch pump etc, good laugh if it's done right! If you do ever sort one let me know cos id be interested in having another one haha Smile
Thanks given by:
Looks good I'm seriously considering stripping it and getting it done.
It should be a fun project Wink
Thanks given by:
just bosch pump and turbo the junk that's in there, run some massive boost and nitrous - probably easier than shoehorning the 1.9 in Tongue
Project: Formula Peugeot
Thanks given by:
(03-09-2014, 01:41 PM)John1.4 Wrote: just bosch pump and turbo the junk that's in there, run some massive boost and nitrous - probably easier than shoehorning the 1.9 in Tongue

Would it work would I need change ecu
Thanks given by:
What ECU? lol
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(03-09-2014, 02:13 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: What ECU? lol

I don't no a lot about the 106 I bought it last year as a cheap runner then found milk instead of water so parked it up so could I adapt a turbo to fit it.
Thanks given by:
I've been considering a 106 with either the 1.4 or 1.6 HDi lumps.
Thanks given by:
(03-09-2014, 02:36 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: I've been considering a 106 with either the 1.4 or 1.6 HDi lumps.

I'm thinking of a long project so might give it a go not sure yet
Thanks given by:
Don't bother to.much hassle just buy a 205 and do it to.that much easier and a hell of alot more room dare I say more than a 306? Was alot more room down back that's for sure.

Thanks given by:
(03-09-2014, 01:53 PM)Adam-m-h Wrote:
(03-09-2014, 01:41 PM)John1.4 Wrote: just bosch pump and turbo the junk that's in there, run some massive boost and nitrous - probably easier than shoehorning the 1.9 in Tongue

no we all have to learn/start some were but if you have to ask this Q i wouldn't attempted building a car just yet
Thanks given by:
(05-09-2014, 10:00 AM)maxlee Wrote:
(03-09-2014, 01:53 PM)Adam-m-h Wrote:

no we all have to learn/start some were but if you have to ask this Q i wouldn't attempted building a car just yet

We'll cars sat in yard downing nothing water pump seized and oil in water so needs stripping any way.
Thanks given by: