What would you expect

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would you expect
So I've had my car since new and I've done over 300k miles in it.

What would you think would have got worn out and replaced over that distance?

I was just wondering what sort of things people think go on these cars.

The cars a HDI Dturbo.

I think you might be surprised on some of the stuff that's still original.
Thanks given by:
Axle has gotta have been done surely.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(02-09-2014, 05:32 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: Axle has gotta have been done surely.

Knew that would be one of the first thing's people would say.

I'll let you know after a few replies.
Thanks given by:
(02-09-2014, 05:31 PM)DeeTurbo Wrote: So I've had my car since new and I've done over 300k miles in it.

Christ aren't you bored of it yet!?

Someone I used to work with ran a primera to 150k on the original clutch... Maybe yours is still original?

You replaced the turbo?
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
Tyres? :p
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
How long is a bit of string?

Has it done 300k of motorway miles, of town driving, or of dirt tracks?
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
At a guess crank pulley, front bushes and shocks.
Thanks given by:
Pbushes for sure.
Thanks given by:
Cambelt, air filter and oil filter (I hope)
Bye Bye D-Turbo
Phase 1 GTi-6 now has a new owner
Rolling in the: Phase 3 HDI Wagon

The current estate project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-22237.html
Thanks given by:
Most of the bodywork as other people cant drive... lol

But seriously -

Lift pump
Crank pulley
Clutch
Beam
MAF
Shocks and springs
TRE's, wishbones (or at least wishbone bushes)
Oh and TPS's. lots of them lol.
Thanks given by:
Bugger, I should have said what do you think is original.

(02-09-2014, 05:49 PM)Grant Wrote: How long is a bit of string?

Has it done 300k of motorway miles, of town driving, or of dirt tracks?

Very true the use does dictate the wear on the car.

I use to do 200 miles in the week half town, motorway and it wasn't rush hour so no stop start stress on the car. I also use to do around 200 miles on the weekends.

The most I did in a year was 36k and I was servicing it every other month then.

(02-09-2014, 05:39 PM)Orta Wrote:
(02-09-2014, 05:31 PM)DeeTurbo Wrote: So I've had my car since new and I've done over 300k miles in it.

Christ aren't you bored of it yet!?

Someone I used to work with ran a primera to 150k on the original clutch... Maybe yours is still original?

You replaced the turbo?

No, not bored of it at all, I love it.

The turbo is still original and there's no play, checked it last year when I removed the EGR completely.

The injectors and fuel pump have been replaced. The injectors were replaced as one us to miss on start up on very cold days in the winter and the fuel pump as the demand pressure was slightly low when I went stage 1.

The clutch was replaced a little over 300k when the release bearing failed but there was still loads of meat left on the plate. The drive shafts were replaced at the same time as there was a bit of a vibration on long sweeping left handers.

I'm surprised the wheel bearings are still ok and the rear beam is one just starting to sound odd.

When I first changed the P bushes I changed the front wishbones bushes with poly ones and they been ok since but the P bushes have been changed several more times.

I always keep on top of bushes and dampers as I hate sloppy handling.

I wish I had under sealed it yet I got it as I hate seeing the surface rust under the car.

(02-09-2014, 06:52 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Most of the bodywork as other people cant drive... lol

But seriously -

Lift pump One failed at 150k the other I replace as a precaution at just over 300k
Crank pulley 3 of them, I think they only last around 100k
Clutch onces just over 300k
Beam not yet but going to rebuild it soon
MAF 3 of them
Shocks and springs springs are still original and 3 lots of damers, always the OSF goes first for some reason
TRE's, wishbones (or at least wishbone bushes) wishbones are original but bushes, ball joints, TRE's and rods have been replaced.
Oh and TPS's. lots of them lol. god I hate these, 3 or 4 but only replaced with new once
Thanks given by:
some good motoring there, from seeing your work on the estate I imagine you look after your cars
Thanks given by:
You've had the car since new?? Fairplay, i can barely keep a car for a year without getting bored lol
Thanks given by:
(03-09-2014, 10:01 AM)mr_fish Wrote: some good motoring there, from seeing your work on the estate I imagine you look after your cars

I do try my best.

(03-09-2014, 08:24 PM)Iceman299 Wrote: You've had the car since new?? Fairplay, i can barely keep a car for a year without getting bored lol

You don't live too far from where I bought it, Regal motors in Bilston.

I would think I got my monies worth out of it now.
Thanks given by:
Oh yeah i know a few people who have bought cars from there. How much longer you plan on keeping it?
Thanks given by:
How much did it cost new? Just wondered how the price compares to similar new cars today.

Still cant believe you're only on the original beam though. There cant be much left of the bearings now lol.
Thanks given by:
Bit late to the party.

Dee takes great care over his car, that's why I entrusted him to do my cambelt! (Well, that and the fact that I'm pretty mechanically retarded).
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
(03-09-2014, 08:32 PM)Iceman299 Wrote: Oh yeah i know a few people who have bought cars from there. How much longer you plan on keeping it?

Not sure, I do love the car and if I had the money I would love to strip it, sort the shell out by chemical dripping it and protect it properly from rust.

The engine is still strong and it's still really nice to drive. The guy I lift share with hates my estate and always says if we can take the nice car (the hatchback).

(03-09-2014, 08:37 PM)Toms306 Wrote: How much did it cost new? Just wondered how the price compares to similar new cars today.

Still cant believe you're only on the original beam though. There cant be much left of the bearings now lol.

I paid 14.4k for it, I think it should have been 15k but it was one that had been ordered but the person cancelled so I was able to get a bit knocked off and I only had to wait a week for it instead of 30 days!

(03-09-2014, 08:44 PM)C.A.R. Wrote: Bit late to the party.

Dee takes great care over his car, that's why I entrusted him to do my cambelt! (Well, that and the fact that I'm pretty mechanically retarded).

Next time I pop over I'd like you to have a drive of it so you can see if you think it feels like a high miler.
Thanks given by: