Finally I have a gti-6

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally I have a gti-6
After more than ten years of wanting one I finally got a 6 , and I'm loving it. I'm keen to go to a few trackdays and would welcome any tips or advice. I also interested in buying black masks if anyone has some for sale.[attachment=18756][attachment=18757][attachment=18758]
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the forum,and congratulations in getting your gti-6 enjoy,Hello
Thanks given by:
Nice Smile

Rear end needs matching!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Hello and welcome Smile 6 looks quite tidy! especially for a P reg! Whereabouts in the country are you?
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Best thing for the track is a second set of tyres with proper tyres on Smile

Think there's a guide around for doing your own black masks if you feel up to it - have a search in the guides section
Thanks given by:
Welcome along fellow Blaze 6 owner. Very nice looking car that. My advice for track days would be to get some good brake pads. I favour Ferodo DS2500 for the front. Not the cheapest but they last really well and i never got them to fade. As already mentioned, get some good tyres on spare rims, toyo r888's or something similar. Once you do one track day you will find you will be wanting to uprate your suspension too.
You will have a lot of fun in that car and they are capable of shaming some far more powerful cars on the track.
Thanks given by:
If you haven't got quite so much to spend on r888s you could look at federal 595 RSRs which I've used on track and for the price were very good
Thanks given by:
Dmack to a well priced track day tyre too. Not used them myself but heard good things about them.

link
Thanks given by:
Hey guys thanks for the positive feedback. I stay near Perth in scotland. Few more details on the car: got gmax super sport shocks and springs on the front, pugsport cat back exhuast and k&n induction kit placed nice and low down by the front bumper, that's how I bought it. Since then I've fitted uniroyal rainsports , omp upper strut brace(a noticeable difference just with this!) Crystal headlamps from a ph3. I'm hoping to get down to ecosse soon to get my hybrid arb fitted that I got from spoox motorsport and the front lower strut brace to match the upper. I'm hoping this should get me off to a good start. A bit further down the line I'd like to fit the steering rack and torsion bar from a xzara vts and will get the bar lowered a couple of clicks before fitting. I also want to fit bilstein shocks and dampers as I hear they work great, but as with the brakes(as the previous owner replaced all) it's hard to spend money for a part to replace an already new part! Oh and by the way, it only has 78000 on the clock.

Also getting the cyclones refurbed and powder coated a nice dark anthracite. Also gonna remove the fogs and get a trumpet and short hose to make a cold air feed.

[attachment=18759][attachment=18759]

[attachment=18760]

Oh and sorry to keep rabbiting on but I'm also considering having a bash at retrimming the door cards and poss roof as well, anyone who has done this and can give some pointers would be great.
Thanks given by:
78,000 miles. Nice one. That's a keeper for sure.
Thanks given by:
I've always wanted a blaze...
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
You should get yourself a lower strut brace on mine as I found that made a huge improvement to the handling - mines one that was made by a guy on here that goes by username rippthrough
Thanks given by:
Hey buddy! That looks really tidy! have fun with it.
Thanks given by:
best in blaz imo 2... looks tidy welcome to the forum Smile
Thanks given by:
Welcome buddy Smile nice gti6 u have there
Thanks given by:
Hi bud and welcome, fairley new on here myself, cracking looking car you have there - enjoy.
Thanks given by:
Welcome along. Good luck with the blaze project. It'll never end now you have started
Thanks given by:
Great looking car you have there, looks in good condition.

Let us know how you get on with the doorcards as i was just thinking about doing mine a few hours ago
Thanks given by:
Well done with finding a nice low mileage one, looks really nice.
Thanks given by:
Hi welcome to the forum Hello
Thanks given by:
Hey that's a really nice GTI rare colour and looks mint!
Thanks given by:
Welcome along Smile that is one clean blaze 6 you have got there
Thanks given by:
Welcome, that a nice '6, I am a fan of the blaze on the '6
Thanks given by:
Nice looks like a clean one :-)
Thanks given by:
Looks really nice, well done.
Thanks given by: