Doors

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Doors
Will a phase 3 set of doors and boot lid fit my phase 1(5 door)? I am guessing yes but wasn't sure if the hinges or locks are in a different position.
Reason is mine are all very tatty, grey door handles, mismatch door cards, etc.
Cheers
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Can't read... ignor!
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
No no, lol!

5 door to 5 door!

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
i think they should just fit straight on mate
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
Iirc isn't the rear lock different from 1 to 2-3
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
oh seriously? my bad
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
kentiiboii Wrote:Iirc isn't the rear lock different from 1 to 2-3
they have a lock surround wit hbadge, as to whether its different inside i dunno

they do however differ loom wise and rear wiper so will be a right pig and you will need to rewire it
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
just get a ph3
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
kentiiboii Wrote:Iirc isn't the rear lock different from 1 to 2-3

This is precisely the French gayness I mean. AFAIK the lock surround is.different but the lock itself is the same. Just need to be sureish before I go at it.

@kingy I can't get rid of trixy! I've thought about it lots of times but I love the old girl. Plus I enjoy having one of the oldest cars on the road by me! She just really needs some exterior tlc.

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
didnt you read my post? the wipers are in different locations and the loom need cutting and rewiring
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
4WayDiablo Wrote:didnt you read my post? the wipers are in different locations and the loom need cutting and rewiring

Yea mate, I did. I'm not too fused about the wiring, there's not that much in there, lock (mine doesn't work anyway), demister and wiper. Shouldn't be that hard to wire.

Main thing I wanted to know was the physical locations of the locks and hinges and will it all line up?

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
The loom comes out of the boot lid, theirs no need to cut it
Thanks given by:
I changed my boot lid, what a bastard to pull the loom from your car through the new boot-lid but the washer pipe didn't happen-routed it internally!

Basically I don't envy you with what you're planned, try and get doors with the same looms to reduce your work Wink
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
It'll all bolt on fine.
Ph2/3 boot looms will need to be changed for ph1 one
Doors can be left as is, but will require a non auto window switch to function properly (will blow fuses otherwise)
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Sorry, but I think the main problem is 3 door and 5 door doors are different sizes. So they won't physically fit the gaps... Or will be too big, dependent on which way you look at it I guess!
[Image: 306Green5DrSig.png]
Thanks given by:
burnmw Wrote:Sorry, but I think the main problem is 3 door and 5 door doors are different sizes. So they won't physically fit the gaps... Or will be too big, dependent on which way you look at it I guess!

Reading fail
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
cwspellowe Wrote:
burnmw Wrote:Sorry, but I think the main problem is 3 door and 5 door doors are different sizes. So they won't physically fit the gaps... Or will be too big, dependent on which way you look at it I guess!

Reading fail

Pahaha yup... lmao I thought the OP said 3door on to 5door, rather than P3 in to P1 5 door. D'oh!
[Image: 306Green5DrSig.png]
Thanks given by:
..but thank you for your contribution, captain obvious lmao
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
It's ok mate I made the same mistake but ninja edited or before anyone saw!
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by: