hello

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hello
hi , just joined the forum hoping to gain some knowledge on the 306

just bought a red xsi

anything i should know about this engine or car or important things to watch out for?
seems to run hot, is tis norm, not in the red just mainly above 90

[attachment=18721]
[attachment=18722]
Thanks given by:
That is a bit warm...thermostat could be getting stuck
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
pain in the ass to get out???
Thanks given by:
Welcome Smile
Pretty bullet proof engine. Don't really suffer from any issues except erratic/no idle which is easy to fix. Keep up with belt changes and servicing and it will go on and on
With regards to the temp, on a run it should sit between 80 and 90, in traffic it can go as high as 110 but should never go over. Its completely normal and does seem hot. I think a lot of people just panic because it goes over half the gauge but don't panic. its normal!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
nice one thank for the heads up, thought id bought a boiler for a mo!

cheapest and best upgrades for it? not looking for stacks of power but what would be safe and not too costly for these, already got a straight thru pipe

thanks
Thanks given by:
To be honest with you, there aren't many power mods you can make without spending big money. The ECU doesn't take too kindly to most power mods. Id suggest a decent quality air filter, decat pipe (will loose some mid range torque but will gain bhp overall) and also if you can be bothered as its a big job, fit a gti exhaust manifold.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
thanks niall, thats exactly what i was looking at on ebay got a guy willing to sell one inc throttle bodies etc for £45, do they air sensors i need to worry about when changing filters and inlets etc? or can i just swap the lot out for the gti version along with a decent filter??

only reason i say is my old scooby had numerous running issues untill it was mapped cause of the air sensor on the filter etc
Thanks given by:
Well most people get on fine but the odd person has had really bad idle issues with the gti inlet. All the sensors are identical so thats not an issue and if you can fit the inlet and exhaust mani, they are harmonised so you may well see a fair difference.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
thanks i think ill take the plunge and go for it

cheers for the advice!
Thanks given by: