2001 Y Reg 306 HDI LX Diablo Red Cheap Project £250

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2001 Y Reg 306 HDI LX Diablo Red Cheap Project £250
I'm selling my sister's 306 HDI LX 2001 Y Reg (cheap tax bracket) in Diablo red.

I'm seling it as a project because I think the headgasket needs doing as it is losing water and pressurising - I haven't had this confirmed by a garage but I'm pretty certain it is. The car drives fine, it isn't down on power or smoking, but it is rapidly losing water and I can't see any leaks. The rest of the car is fine - I would fix it myself by dropping in another engine but I haven't got the time.

Taxed Until 1 Dec 2014
7 Months MOT - last MOT just an advisory on handbrake efficiency which has been sorted (caliper freed up and re-greased)
FSH stamped up to 17/03/2012 (122k) around when she bought it and then oil/filters done every 10k since by myself.
Cambelt/water pump changed at 89k along with new front shocks/springs (handles realy well nice and responsive)
New rear pads/discs in the last year.
Cyclones - O/S rear paintwork a bit scabby unforuntately and the others have scuffs. Tyres all legal.
Bodywork in good condition pretty clean and rust free. Front bumper has a crack on it, and a few age related marks elsewhere but nothing major.
Interior in good condition.
Can't find the original radio code unfortunately
Aircon worked until last year - previous owner spent quite a lot getting it working at Peugeot - it may just need a re-gas.
3 owners, the previous lady owner had it almost from new since 2002.
2 keys (both working remotes)

£250 no offers

Car is located nr Loughborough, Leicestershire.

Like I said, the car is drivable (I've 200 miles in the last week in it but had to keep topping up coolant every 50 or so miles) I wouldn't advise making a long journey without plenty of water (have a couple of 5L bottles I'll include)

I'll get some more pics tomorrow up when it's stopped raining...

Thanks for looking.
Thanks given by:
hhhhhmm if only you were closer!
Thanks given by:
Well that looks great and thats a decent price. GLWS. Might have had it if it was a 3 door!
Thanks given by:
Perfect donor car is perfect...
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
Thanks guys I think the price is fair (given it has about £40 worth of tax on it)

More pics as promised:

And more pics...
Thanks given by:
Would take £300 for a quick sale :-)
Thanks given by:
cant believe this hasnt sold !

will you deliver ?
Thanks given by:
Dang. That looks tidy. If it was closer I would be giving you some cash
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Shame I live nowhere near anyone it seems! I haven't really got time to deliver sorry. Happy to pick anyone up from Loughborough train station though. I'll probably stick it on eBay at the weekend if it hasn't gone by then.
Thanks given by:
Would this make a drive home? your about 2 & 1/2 hours from me...
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
I managed two 100 mile journeys in its current state but I was stopping regularly to top up with water. I could tell when it needed topping up as the temp would start rising slowly.

I also knew I had green flag cover if I got stuck. Wouldn't like to guarantee it will get you home without some sort of backup plan..
Thanks given by:
still got this mate only live just down the road????
Thanks given by:
Still for sale - yes.
Thanks given by:
messaged you mate Smile
Thanks given by:
(03-09-2014, 05:55 AM)cully Wrote: cant believe this hasnt sold !

will you deliver ?

Drive up to me and ill drive the rest Wink
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Will let this go for £250+£20 for the remaining tax if someone takes it away this weekend!
Thanks given by:
Fuuuuck. Could I literally rock up and limp it to Birmingham? It's taxed, tested and insured?
Thanks given by:
Taxed and tested. You could insure it with something like dayinsure.com. If you stop a few times on the way and keep an eye on the water I don't see why not. I did 100 miles in a 2 hour journey and had to top up twice.
Thanks given by:
Could you take me photos of any damage please? Just need to work out if the panels I want are worth it. Photos of all damage would be appreciated, but main priority is bonnet and bumpers.

oh, and bootlid.
Thanks given by:
Good god this is a gift. Tidiest ph3 ive seen in a while
Thanks given by:
I'm making sure of that, I know that mine looks waaaay better in photos than in the flesh, and am hoping this isn't the case here!
Thanks given by:
Well theres a scuff on the rear bumper and a crack on the front one. A ding (or possibly 2) on the bootlid. And a stone chip on the bonnet.

We are looking at the same pictures right? It doesn't look mint to me. Tongue
Thanks given by:
Mmmmm
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I think the current photos show most obvious defects like Tom has spotted if you zoom in. There's the odd carpark ding on the doors (like every other 306 out there) It's defintely not a minter.. but it isn't a shed either and pretty clean and presentable and rot free. If your wanting it for the front bumper - I'd say there are better bumpers out there and personally if I was keeping it for myself I'd replace the front bumper. The small rear bumper scuff on the offside scuff I'd touch up. Will take some more pics tomorrow anyway.
Thanks given by:
Cheers dude.
Thanks given by:
[Image: yramaty2.jpg][Image: y5ety6ud.jpg][Image: gyju5y5u.jpg][Image: majevugu.jpg][Image: zyqysy2y.jpg][Image: evu4yhuv.jpg][Image: jyqyza7a.jpg]

Pics of all the obvious bodywork defects - as you can see you the front bumper has a couple of cracks, 2 stone chips on bonnet easily touched up (rest is perfect ie no dents), slight ding under boot, bit of lacquer peel on offside rear door handle and n/s door mirror, and the minor scuff on the rear bumper. All easily sorted if you wanted to make it 'mint'.
Thanks given by:
To be honest, that all needs paint, so it'd be just as easy to sort my panels out really. The only bit worth me taking is the bootlid. Cheers anyway, and good luck with the sale.
Thanks given by:
Ok fair enough mate.

£250 takes it away this weekend if anyone wants it.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2001 306 HDi 5 door Meridian diablo af1 2 1,983 12-05-2015, 01:46 PM
Last Post: PocketFighter
  very cheap project for someone Oil-burner 36 6,858 23-04-2013, 10:03 AM
Last Post: Anton
  diablo 5dr hdi for sale 2001 new thread with pics attatched. raymond76 11 2,169 08-04-2012, 05:15 PM
Last Post: raymond76