hey all, what's this all about then?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hey all, what's this all about then?
Wink 
Hello, i'm Greg. new to all this computer side of cars, I have a tuned phase 2 gti6
live in the Brighton area, I'm heading to trax in September and that's all I have to say about that. so what happens next?

Banter?
Thanks given by:
Hi there,

What's next? You say. Well, the choice us yours bud. For starters, this being the 306 owners club and all, why not get some pictures and a spec list up for your car? Smile

There is a large amount of information available should you have issues, and a lot of guides should you fancy some more tuning. You could browse the sub forums and offer any help and advice to someone who is stuck, or offer an opinion on a matter you have experience with.

You say you're heading to trax, whilst im not sure we necessarily have an organised appearance there this year we will undoubtedly have members attending. We do however attend many shows as a group, and often prove to be one of the biggest and interesting of the club's. If you see anything you like in the meets section, stick your name down!

As always, it's great to have new members. Any questions you may have can almost certainly be answered by one of our lot Smile

Cheers, and welcome.

Pebbles.
Thanks given by:
Welcome along.

What happens next?

You whittle away your life talking to people on the internet about cars, as we all do Wink

You get the bug, spend lots of money on the car.

Repeat the above over and over again Wink
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Sounds good, thanks. money is always fun to spend on the old girl.
stats are:
cat cams fast road
remap ecu
421 manifold
200cell sport cat
scorpion rear and middle exhaust
lowered (springs)
brembo front brakes
hel lines
mocal 16row oil cooler
engine bling....
strut braces
17's with yoko's. p spec2's
short shift
etc etc......

So no big meet at trax eh? sad.
i'll get some photos up if I can figure it out as soon as I can
Cheers all
Thanks given by:
Welcome Smile
What next? Well its a 306 so that 'whats next?' never comes to an end. There is always something lol

Unfortunately we are not attending Trax this year as a club (but some members are going). There was a shake up with forum staff a few months back and because of that we missed the deadline for stand registration so that was my fault. Would be good to see you at the PFC Expo in October though and there is a fair few of us driving up from South east so you could tag along with us Smile

Be good to see some pics of the car. When you say remapped, is it a custom remap? Standard or aftermarket ecu? Generally these 306 ECUs aren't regarded as remappable (possible but not easy) so always interested to hear other peoples experiences Smile
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(27-08-2014, 09:53 PM)Niall Wrote: Welcome Smile
What next? Well its a 306 so that 'whats next?' never comes to an end. There is always something lol

Unfortunately we are not attending Trax this year as a club (but some members are going). There was a shake up with forum staff a few months back and because of that we missed the deadline for stand registration so that was my fault. Would be good to see you at the PFC Expo in October though and there is a fair few of us driving up from South east so you could tag along with us Smile

Be good to see some pics of the car. When you say remapped, is it a custom remap? Standard or aftermarket ecu? Generally these 306 ECUs aren't regarded as remappable (possible but not easy) so always interested to hear other peoples experiences Smile

It was all done by Matt at pug1off. I believe I was a bit of a first stage 2 for them.
It drives really nice, revs to 7500 and just shy of 190bhp. not bad for a car with 150,000 mile under its belt.

I wont be able to make the expo soz, got a 6 month old baby and one free pass for trax only
Thanks given by:
(27-08-2014, 10:00 PM)impotentials Wrote:

It was all done by Matt at pug1off. I believe I was a bit of a first stage 2 for them.
It drives really nice, revs to 7500 and just shy of 190bhp. not bad for a car with 150,000 mile under its belt.

I wont be able to make the expo soz, got a 6 month old baby and one free pass for trax only

Liking the sound of your 6 mate. Whats next on the upgrades list, have you considered changing to ITB's.?
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the forum greg
(27-08-2014, 09:39 PM)Grant Wrote: Welcome along.

What happens next?

You whittle away your life talking to people on the internet about cars, as we all do Wink

spot on there grant lol and so i will continue quoting........

so yea there you have it lol.
Thanks given by:
(28-08-2014, 11:10 AM)Gaz85 Wrote: Welcome to the forum greg
(27-08-2014, 09:39 PM)Grant Wrote: Welcome along.

What happens next?

spot on there grant lol and so i will continue quoting........

so yea there you have it lol.

Na, itb's are to much for me, I like it as it is. don't need big power, got enough for my liking. still kept up with a lambo the other week. I bet he hated not shaking me off.
When I get some photos up you will understand as well, I have an engine cover that would get in the way to much.
Do you find more power works on fwd without big bucks and a diff?
worried all your tyre would end up spread over the width and breadth of the country.

What are you boys running?
Thanks given by:
Here you go
Thanks given by:
(28-08-2014, 07:53 PM)impotentials Wrote: Here you go

I do like chicken...

Oh and the 306 looks pretty tasty too Tongue
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
(29-08-2014, 02:46 PM)Matt-Rallye Wrote:

I do like chicken...

Cheers man, the chickens are good for eggs only though, sorry.
Thanks given by:
(29-08-2014, 07:34 PM)impotentials Wrote:
(29-08-2014, 02:46 PM)Matt-Rallye Wrote:

I do like chicken...

Cheers man, the chickens are good for eggs only though, sorry.

Damn.. oh well best excuse for a KFC i have found so far today Smile
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
There bbq bites are stuff legend
Thanks given by:
Im more of a one man bargain bucket munching machine. I could quite happily live off KFC lol
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
A whole bucket, you little fattie
Thanks given by:
I'm known to enjoy a bucket (giggedy!)
Team Cyril
Thanks given by: