problem with Vauxhall Vectra 2.2diesel Elite

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
problem with Vauxhall Vectra 2.2diesel Elite
(28-08-2014, 08:09 AM)Josh1994 Wrote: He said it was something to do with a pipe which controls the turbo from the EGR valve.

Well I don't think thats quite right. It'll be from the solenoid that controls the turbo or EGR valve, they're not linked together. Personally I'd replace the pipe and go from there, it clearly needs one anyway, tape doesn't last long on vac lines near a hot engine (in my experience lol). And if its the boost control one, it'll either massively overboost or barely boost at all depending on how its setup, both will put you in limp mode.
Thanks given by:
I have took the pipe out, and the light hasnt came on, so it has nothing to do with the pipe, but now the light is on all the time, i am thinking if i should clean the EGR valve.
[Image: Cropped%20pic.png]
The Black PH3 Angel
Thanks given by:
How would i know about the setup?

(28-08-2014, 08:24 AM)Toms306 Wrote:
(28-08-2014, 08:09 AM)Josh1994 Wrote: He said it was something to do with a pipe which controls the turbo from the EGR valve.

Well I don't think thats quite right. It'll be from the solenoid that controls the turbo or EGR valve, they're not linked together. Personally I'd replace the pipe and go from there, it clearly needs one anyway, tape doesn't last long on vac lines near a hot engine (in my experience lol). And if its the boost control one, it'll either massively overboost or barely boost at all depending on how its setup, both will put you in limp mode.
The Black PH3 Angel
Thanks given by:
Take a picture of where the ends of the pipe connect so we can see what it is....pipes aren't usually left around the bay for no reason lol.
Thanks given by:
So I took some pictures of the pipe and where the hole is, the hole is where I have circled it in black, and the pipe is where I have circled it in white.

(29-08-2014, 03:30 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Take a picture of where the ends of the pipe connect so we can see what it is....pipes aren't usually left around the bay for no reason lol.
The Black PH3 Angel
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  any useful vauxhall forums?? doski 6 1,453 07-03-2016, 11:20 AM
Last Post: fgrc76
  2004 Vectra 1.9cdti clutch fault!? Piggy 10 1,970 23-12-2014, 09:41 PM
Last Post: Piggy
  vectra c 1.8 clutch problem td_dan 8 2,661 21-04-2014, 04:23 PM
Last Post: td_dan