306 hdi cutting out

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306 hdi cutting out
Rainbow 
306 hdi already put both fuel pumps fuel rail new injector pipes fuel filter sensor on fuel rail the solenoid on the side of the hp pump and fresh fuel and its still cutting out does any one have any idea what else could be wrong before i light it on fire?
Thanks given by:
Dead hp pump, or too much returnflow from injectors.
Thanks given by:
Cam or crank sensor are likely.

Have you had any diagnostics done on it?

Also, would help if you could use a bit more punctuation! lol
Thanks given by:
(04-10-2014, 05:28 PM)tb205gti Wrote: Dead hp pump, or too much returnflow from injectors.

i have just put a hp pump of another running car on it but still doing the same. i have a spare set of injectors i could put on do you think that would help? and would i need to code them in?

(04-10-2014, 05:29 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Cam or crank sensor are likely.

Have you had any diagnostics done on it?

Also, would help if you could use a bit more punctuation! lol

ill change them two tomorrow.

yeah ive had a bluepoint hand held one plugged in to it. it came up (p0230) fuel pump primary circuit (it came up twice)

2nd is (p0906) gate select position circuit

i was rather annoyed when i wrote that out sorry about the punctuation lol
Thanks given by:
Ok that's a good start. P0230 is the usual one though, so not very specific. Was the lift pump you put in brand new or used?

And P0906 is an odd one, it's actually for an auto gearbox so I don't know why HDis throw that code on generic scanners, but it doesn't cause any issues (or didn't for me anyway!) so can ignore that one lol.
Thanks given by:
(04-10-2014, 07:08 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Ok that's a good start. P0230 is the usual one though, so not very specific. Was the lift pump you put in brand new or used?

And P0906 is an odd one, it's actually for an auto gearbox so I don't know why HDis throw that code on generic scanners, but it doesn't cause any issues (or didn't for me anyway!) so can ignore that one lol.

the lift pump i put in was second hand but the boy i bought it from put a brand new one in just before i bought the car.
Thanks given by:
Hmm, ok.

Is there a common point where its cutting? Under load? On sharp corners?
Thanks given by:
(04-10-2014, 07:33 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Hmm, ok.

Is there a common point where its cutting? Under load? On sharp corners?

usually under load but does cut out alot when i start the car. it starts normal then mis fires then cuts out
Thanks given by:
Sounds a lot like injector problems, you don't need to code injectors to the ecu.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(07-10-2014, 06:39 AM)Poodle Wrote: Sounds a lot like injector problems, you don't need to code injectors to the ecu.

ive changed injectors and still no luck with it. and now tryed another fuel relay and still the problems going on
Thanks given by:
Well I'm running out of ideas lol. Hopefully it's not a loom issue! Confused
Thanks given by:
Could be an ecu issue, be it immobiliser or something else... Failing that, it's time to get it on live data and start doing some proper fault tracing, the link in my sig should help. Problem is, if you're not buying decent replacement parts you could end up chasing your tail.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
usually under load but does cut out alot when i start the car. it starts normal then mis fires then cuts out

does sound like a fuel issue but these dam things are ecu controlled....is it software or hard ware or a make and break contact somewhere......luckily mine is "behaving" but I dread the day when I insert the key and turn and..............................

saving hard for a laptop and pp
Thanks given by:
Tried the fuel circuit bitron relay?!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(08-10-2014, 12:33 PM)Piggy Wrote: Tried the fuel circuit bitron relay?!

(07-10-2014, 07:07 PM)danieldturbo Wrote: ive changed injectors and still no luck with it. and now tryed another fuel relay and still the problems going on
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I had the same problem it turned out to be the plug where the fuel relay pluged into one of the pins had burned out i ended up replacing the plug i had to cut into the loom to remove old plug then soldered the new plug back into the loom since do this my car as not cut out since

hope this helps
Thanks given by:
Was it a new bitron relay used?

One if the biggest cheapest most rubbish fails imho

We found out when working for bosch that they cost peugeot 37p each. Genius.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Breaking News: Big-Name Retailer In Price-Hike Shocker!!!!

Oh hang on, that's not news.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
lmao

Just saying.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by: