Galletto 1260 Guide

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guide: Galletto 1260 Guide
Hi everyone. This thread will be a bit of a WIP progress for now. I realised we didn't have this guide and having previously been worried about flashing my HDi ECU and now having done it I feel that it is a very simple process that people should not be worried about.

Check List
  • Laptop (Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8)
  • Galletto 1260 (USB to OBD)
  • Galletto Software & Drivers
  • HDi Map File

The best place to buy the Galletto 1260 cable is from ebay. Most turn out to be Chinese copies of the real thing but the internals are usually identical. It should also come with a CD containing the software and the drivers. You should be looking to pay around £20 for a copy or a few hundred for a genuine cable.

1. Safety Guidelines

Not really safety for you but safety for your car. Make sure that:
  • Your laptop is running Windows XP or Windows 7
  • There are no system updates that will cause a reboot
  • Your laptop is reliable and will not reboot or crash
  • Your laptop battery is fully charged
  • Your laptop is connected to the charger
  • Closed all applications apart from Galletto software
  • Laptop is on High Performance Power Option
  • Car Battery fully Charged
  • Reduce Powerdrains such as headunit, speakers and fans etc.
By making sure your laptop is ready you are reducing the risk of it turning off or crashing whilst writing to the ECU. If it fails whilst writing to the ECU then the ECU will be corrupted and it either needs to be replaced or sent off to be repaired. Reading the ECU details and reading the map is safe as you are only retrieving data and not modifying it in any way.

2. Check ECU Connection/Details

Follow the safety guidelines above to reduce the risk of bricking your ECU.

Remove the fuse box cover underneath the steering wheel with a coin or a flat head screwdriver.

Connect the OBD end of the lead to the OBD port. Make sure that it is a secure fit.

Connect the USB end of the lead to your chosen USB port of your laptop.
Run the .exe file called 'NEW_SERIAL.exe'.

Turn the key in the ignition two clicks so that the dash lights illuminate. Wait 10 seconds for the lift pump to start priming. Do not start the engine.

Select 'Peugeot', 'Bosch EDC 15 C2 29f400BT' and '306 2.0 HDI Bosch EDC15C2'.

Click 'ECU Data'.

Once the ECU has been read a code similar to '0281010362' should be displayed. Your ECU number should match the last few digits of this number. Because we have read this code we know that we have connected to the ECU successfully.

3. Read & Save Original Map

Follow the Check ECU Connect/Details section to ensure current ECU type and good connection.

Click 'Read Data'. A popup will appear asking where to save the file to. Save it as 'ForumUserName_ECUNumber_Original.bin'. Click 'Save'.

A progress bar at the bottom of the program will start to work and you will receive some information as to how the process is going.

When the map has been read wait for a message (Spanish?). Turn off the ignition and press 'ok'. Wait ten seconds. A second message will appear. Turn the ignition on and press 'ok'.

You will now have a copy of the original ECU map on you laptop.

This is the file that will need to be sent to mappers so that they can remap your car. It should be exactly 512kb.

4. Write the New Map

Once you have received your remap check that it is 512kb. If it isn't then something is wrong and do not attempt to write it to the ECU. Ideally you will run a checksum on the file to make sure it has not been corrupted between the mapper and your laptop.

Follow the safety guidelines to make sure that you are not going to brick your ECU.

Follow the Check ECU Connect/Details section to ensure current ECU type and good connection.

Select 'Open File' and select the new remapped file to write to the ECU.

Select 'Download File'. The progress bar will now start to progress and information on the process will be displayed.

Once the bar has reached 100% a message will be displayed (Spanish?). Turn off the ignition and press 'ok'. Wait ten seconds. A second message is displayed. Turn the ignition back on 2 clicks. Press 'ok'. Wait ten seconds.

The process should now be complete.

Have a test drive and make sure that the map is working correctly. Most maps should give an interesting amount of smoke.

Trouble-Shooting

Connection Failed

If the software cannot connect to the ECU and you are sure that the drivers are installed correctly then it is more than likely that the USB to OBD lead is faulty. If the squares surrounding the software are red then the lead is faulty.

Corrupted ECU

If you brick your ECU then you will need to send it over to Steve at hdi-tuning.co.uk to have it reprogrammed. If you are going to replace the ECU then bear in mind that you will need to replace the ECU, BSI, and complete Key Fob.
Thanks given by:
Hi Guys. ive put the above guide together whilst flashing a friends car. If I have missed anything or you have anything to add then please post below. It is likely i will delete comments etc once they are included in the guide.

Screenshots yet to come.
More troubleshooting yet to come.
links to software and drives to come.
Thanks given by:
You don't need to replace the lockset if you brick the ECU and need to swap it out - the key part itself is removable from the keyfob, so just move it over to the replacement key.

Just need the matching ECU, BSI unit from the centre console, and the keyfob (with immobiliser transponder chip in it)
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
(26-08-2014, 01:25 PM)powerandtorque Wrote: You don't need to replace the lockset if you brick the ECU and need to swap it out - the key part itself is removable from the keyfob, so just move it over to the replacement key.

Just need the matching ECU, BSI unit from the centre console, and the complete keyfob.

Updated to include the above. Cheers.
Thanks given by:
Ideally you want the complete keyfob, as the RF central locking portion of the fob is tied to the BSI.
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
(26-08-2014, 01:42 PM)powerandtorque Wrote: Ideally you want the complete keyfob, as the RF central locking portion of the fob is tied to the BSI.

updated again.
Thanks given by:
Galletto works fine on Win8 as well btw.

But apart from that, looks like a decent guide. Smile
Thanks given by:
(26-08-2014, 03:14 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Galletto works fine on Win8 as well btw.

But apart from that, looks like a decent guide. Smile

Updated to include Windows 8. Im fairly sure it would work with vista too. I think a lot of the problems of faulty cables etc are actually people not being able to install the FTDI drivers correctly.
Thanks given by:
Also, if you brick your ECU - there are other places you can send it.

I can do it for example, there are people on eBay etc etc.

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
(26-08-2014, 03:57 PM)jammapic Wrote: Also, if you brick your ECU - there are other places you can send it.

JP

yep thats another thing to change. Just had steves details to hand. Have you got a location and email/website JP and i can add that to a list of people who can fix things.
Thanks given by:
(26-08-2014, 03:59 PM)SRowell Wrote:
(26-08-2014, 03:57 PM)jammapic Wrote: Also, if you brick your ECU - there are other places you can send it.

JP

yep thats another thing to change. Just had steves details to hand. Have you got a location and email/website JP and i can add that to a list of people who can fix things.

www.nosmokenopoke.com
james@nosmokenopoke.com

Ta,

JP
JP
Thanks given by: