TerraClean - Anyone have first hand experience?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TerraClean - Anyone have first hand experience?
A few guys at work are having their cars done on a sort of group buy thing. Can't decide whether to go along or not so I thought I'd see if anyone on here had any opinions...
[Image: 20120704_212316.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I saw it done on an episode of wheeler dealers where it seemed to make a huge difference. I'm still sceptical about it though!

What do you drive now? And whats the cost?
Thanks given by:
not known anyone gullible enough to try it.
Thanks given by:
I'd ask JJ or Jenksowls, they know about this kind of thing. I just get a nice bunch of Polish lads to give it a once over for a fiver.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
I hope the Polish don't clean the inside of your engine/fuel system Liam! Confused
Thanks given by:
(25-08-2014, 04:07 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: I'd ask JJ or Jenksowls, they know about this kind of thing. I just get a nice bunch of Polish lads to give it a once over for a fiver.

Quoting incase you're not trolling.

Ben, a guy on PH had it done as he was told his DPF was at 100%, he had it done & raves about it hugely. Might get mine done one day.
Thanks given by:
Anyone know the cost?
Thanks given by:
(25-08-2014, 03:50 PM)Toms306 Wrote: I saw it done on an episode of wheeler dealers where it seemed to make a huge difference. I'm still sceptical about it though!

What do you drive now? And whats the cost?

Mk5 golf gti, and he seemed to think it would cost around £70 each.

Might just wait til they have had it done and see what they say. I can see how it could work but I can also see how it could be a bit of a placebo thing.
Thanks given by:
Hmm, £70 is a bit much to gamble on. If it was about £25 might as well have given it a go as I cant see it causing any harm.

Not sure if there'd be much difference on a fairly new, 'clean' engine though.
Thanks given by:
What is this btw, sorry first i have heard this..
[Image: Cropped%20pic.png]
The Black PH3 Angel
Thanks given by:
(25-08-2014, 04:11 PM)Toms306 Wrote: I hope the Polish don't clean the inside of your engine/fuel system Liam! Confused

(25-08-2014, 04:12 PM)JJ0063 Wrote:
(25-08-2014, 04:07 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: I'd ask JJ or Jenksowls, they know about this kind of thing. I just get a nice bunch of Polish lads to give it a once over for a fiver.

Quoting incase you're not trolling.

Ben, a guy on PH had it done as he was told his DPF was at 100%, he had it done & raves about it hugely. Might get mine done one day.

I actually thought it was some kind of snowfoam thing lol

Ignore me, been a long, drunk weekend.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
(25-08-2014, 05:32 PM)Josh1994 Wrote: What is this btw, sorry first i have heard this..

http://www.terraclean.co.uk/
Thanks given by:
Looks decent.. might get mine done later..
[Image: Cropped%20pic.png]
The Black PH3 Angel
Thanks given by:
It's pseudo science bullshit.

Claiming that you can fix a 100% blocked DPF with some magical potion is horse shit - the only way you'll fix that near enough is either serious, sustained heat, but will burn most of it to ash which will sit in the filter - OR by removing it, unblocking it by blowing the soot backwards and out the filter.

How on earth can a magical potion dissolve soot into something that will just fly out the exhaust - why don't PSA get on this shit! Dem neggertivelyz charged atomzzz do da cleeeningz!!!!111one

They claim it can clean the valve seats and fix EGR problems - again total bullshit since they put it into the fuel rail/fuel system... Apart from a Diesel doesn't spray fuel at the back of the valve seats - another bunch of bullshit!

And why are carbon deposits bad on the piston crowns?! OK in extreme performance applications in Petrol motors they can cause hotspots that can cause detonation - why do you think XUD9s and DW10s and many other engines have a really nice teflon coating on the piston crowns Smile
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic...leaned+out

I'm sceptic.
Thanks given by:
I'll admit I know very little about engines but I don't see how it can make much difference, where exactly are these carbon deposits meant to be sitting? I guess your capacity could be reduced by 0.01cm3 if there was a layer on top of the pistons?

I bet the cat was cold in the first readings they took compared to being red hot after running for over an hour.
[Image: sigjpg.jpg]
Serious.
Thanks given by:
He induced a regeneration which then cleared it out, then drove it like a twat for 20 mins to get it insanely hot which burnt off everything, evidently the owner never spanks it... I will guarantee the Terraclean didn't do shit!!!

EDIT: Apparently plugged in the laptop - so basically forced a regen in software, twatted it for 20 mins, ran some magic juice to do da cleeninz, bent him over, didn't give him a banana (boo) and took £180....

And that's how Terraclean works ladies and gents!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Thanks given by:
Not to mention - I bet the magic pixie dust fluid does WONDERS for the commonrail pump... Because they're obviously extreme Bosch engineers and have studied every seal inside every CR pump and can categorically guarantee that it won't damage any seal or wearing surface... Remember that shit will be in your fuel system for a long time if they don't run the return line into the system, which I'll bet they don't...
Thanks given by:
Would it not have a better impact on mpi petrols? like you say ruan the hdi is direct injection as is the newer golf I assume. but older cars the fuel is at least passing by the inlet valves?
The top of my pistons were caked in carbon when I went to do the HG, would this not help remove some of that crap?
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
nope, not at all.
Thanks given by:
Lol god no, think about it - aluminium melts at about 700c depending on the magic done to it - combustion temperatures are often in excess of 900-1100c...

How do you think the piston doesn't melt? There's a boundary layer of gas that separates the surfaces of components from the extreme temperatures of combustion. Terraclean doesn't break the rules of physics and defy that layer and do some cleaning magic on the piston crowns.
Thanks given by:
I think if the black crud that is blocking your EGR/DPF hasn't already burnt off under normal temps then adding some magic joo-joo to the fuel isn't going to help much.
Thanks given by:
(25-08-2014, 03:54 PM)welshpug Wrote: not known anyone gullible enough to try it.

What he said ^^^
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Track Experience Mighty306 8 2,122 03-10-2017, 08:57 AM
Last Post: Alan_M
  need a helping hand procta 24 10,149 14-06-2015, 02:55 PM
Last Post: procta
  Any body have experience with rover diesels? crumpy 5 2,373 15-08-2014, 06:53 AM
Last Post: crumpy