Orginal wheels or gti wheels?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Orginal wheels or gti wheels?
So I brought a set of 4 gti wheels for £72 on ebay last minute decision, the wheels are in good nick than I expected it to be only some scratches, I was going to buy the 307 17" wheels but he didn't come back to me in time when I brought these, now I am just wondering should I change wheels or stick to original?
[Image: Cropped%20pic.png]
The Black PH3 Angel
Thanks given by:
£72 is a good price I'm a fan of the cyclones I've got them on my sxi Smile
Thanks given by:
Sorry is cyclones the one on my car now or the gti 6?
The Black PH3 Angel
Thanks given by:
Gti-6 ones and there cheap at 72 there some on ebay for 225
Thanks given by:
This one was on bidding someone put in £40 don't know if they are on this site, then at the last minute I put in £80, they was from a scrap yard up north near Scotland I think, with free postage.
The Black PH3 Angel
Thanks given by:
Wish I could get that much for cyclones! Sad

Then again, I only paid for £60 for the scuffed ones with nearly new budget tyres that I'm running atm. They just don't have the value they used to. Sad

FYI cyclones are the GTi wheels, Lasers are the GLX/XSi wheels you currently have. Smile Personally I prefer cyclones, but its your car so up to you...
Thanks given by:
I am in two minds atm, my dad brought me the Lasers wheels for £75 with tyres and refurbed and sprayed them for £380 so £455 all in and found out I brought these, was saying I got you the lasers wheels and spend £455 and now you go and buy these? he wasn't happy at first but got over it as i said i will pay him back, i might just refurb them myself this time and either chuck them on or sell them..
The Black PH3 Angel
Thanks given by:
@toms306
[Image: imagejpg2_zpsb78649a2.jpg]
I thought these wheels where the same as josh1994 first pic
Thanks given by:
Mine have been sprayed i think they are the same colour as my lasers..
The Black PH3 Angel
Thanks given by:
@josh1994 yours both look the dark grey colour it's your choice for the wheels tho if you do refurb easy sand body filler works well Wink
Thanks given by:
Ok cheers mate and my lasers are gun metal grey..
The Black PH3 Angel
Thanks given by:
It's bought not brought sorry just winds me up more than it should lol

The gti6 alloys or to call them by there name cyclones are the ones without tyres

The ones With tyres on the car are lasers Smile
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
Yh cheers danny tom already said lol and my mistake.. need to go back to school pmsl..
The Black PH3 Angel
Thanks given by:
Cyclones ftw
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
£455 on Lasers? :O
Thanks given by:
Tell me about it, was expensive but didnt know anyone eles that did them so that is why i am going to refurb these myself and either spray them to orginal coour or another colour, might stick them on the car aswell in a few months time..
The Black PH3 Angel
Thanks given by:
The wheels you have just BOUGHT (not brought) are gti6 cylones. The wheels on the car are called lasers. The lasers are heavier iirc. I would put the cyclones on but the lasers are 2nd best to cyclones. Going rate for cyclones is £60 to £100 so you probably paid an alright price. Nobody should be paying more than about £120 for a set unless they come with decent tyres.
Thanks given by:
The lasers that i bought came with tyres for £75 without the refurb, and the cyclones was £78 without tyres, i didnt know the lasers was heavier and 2nd best..

(25-08-2014, 04:15 PM)SRowell Wrote: The wheels you have just BOUGHT (not brought) are gti6 cylones. The wheels on the car are called lasers. The lasers are heavier iirc. I would put the cyclones on but the lasers are 2nd best to cyclones. Going rate for cyclones is £60 to £100 so you probably paid an alright price. Nobody should be paying more than about £120 for a set unless they come with decent tyres.
The Black PH3 Angel
Thanks given by:
I prefer the cyclones, but both those and lasers are horrendously heavy. You'd see a huge benefit in fuel eco and handling for going for a lighter wheel, some are very nearly half the weight in a 15" (the C5 alloy/steel jobbers for example - look crap though).
P1 XSi track car
2.4 LWB T4
Thanks given by:
Cheers for the heads up, i didnt know it benefits the fuel eco and handling, i had the branded steel wheels when i brought the car gtta admit after looking at some threads on here what people did to them looked good..
The Black PH3 Angel
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  £1000...fastest thing with 4 wheels...derv v perv Piggy 37 10,851 05-08-2016, 02:16 PM
Last Post: Rippthrough
  Balancing wheels cully 25 4,499 12-06-2016, 09:19 AM
Last Post: cully
  Japanese racing wheels Matt 1 1,565 27-02-2016, 04:29 PM
Last Post: Slam Wagon