Gti Forum (Changed for captain pedantic ;))

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gti Forum (Changed for captain pedantic ;))
Damn shame it's gone. When I posted questions on there I got helpful replies. I only really paid attention to the car-based stuff. The banter etc wasn't really on my radar.

Main thing for me is enjoying my Rallye and keeping it on the road with the help of you knowledgeable people!!!
Thanks given by:
Used to wind me up that I would post some factual information after a days dyno testing, trying different components, fettling the mapping and then just getting flamed and told you were wrong because "it's not what other people found".

In the end, I pretty much gave up and posted it, solely, here.

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
Quote:I've taken the restrictions off your account just like I will for everyone I know from the 6 forum. I know the restrictions are a pain but they are solely there to stop random spammers signing up and selling stiff that doesn't exist. Seeing as I know most of you regulars from the 6 forum, that's not an issue Smile

Thanks for that....much appreciated!!!

(26-08-2014, 08:49 AM)MisterGTR Wrote: Very new to gti6 and found it great. Lots of very helpful threads. Lots of helpful people. I'm actually a wee bit stuck as to what to do next without it!!

I'm feeling a bit like that too TBH.......
Feels a little better knowing that a lot of folks 'over there' are 'over here' too...

I'll still check daily to see if its back up though!!

TT
Thanks given by:
I'm stunned to see so many non GTi6 owners feeling victimised for joining in on the '6 forum.

I can't say I remember seeing the comments mentioned, such as people replying negatively to owning a diesel when asking for help.
Bianca Rallye
1989 205 GTi6 on ITBs
BMW Z4 3.0

Thousands of GTi6 parts availabile.
Thanks given by:
(26-08-2014, 09:47 AM)Dangti6 Wrote: I'm stunned to see so many non GTi6 owners feeling victimised for joining in on the '6 forum.

I used to get flamed both when I was tuning the diesels, but also even when posting results about my GTi6 and all the bits and pieces I'd been doing on the dyno with it!!

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
Looks like I best be changing me homepage lads :-)
Thanks given by:
A shame if it's gone forever however:

https://web.archive.org/web/201310051619...com/forum/

You can still browse some of the FAQs etc via the link above - doesn't seem to include some of the pics though - but better than nothing!
Thanks given by:
I'm not sure you were flamed Jammpic, more that it didn't always make a great deal of sense with what had been seen before. I genuinely don't care about top end power figures and I think I mentioned that on your thread at the time. It all looked good to me and if you are happy then why does anyone else's opinion matter Smile

Thing is I don't think it was ever that bad for banter, just unfortunatly the cheapest (and least time-consuming) answer to how do I make my 1.8/1.6/dTurbo faster and handle better is to just buy a Rallye or GTi6. That obviously does not take into account the work already put into a car and the attachment someone already has for their car. As with any public forum people will not always see eye-to-eye and it is always best to ignore 95% of the rubbish people spout (including me). Just use the 5% to your advantage and more than anything save money and enjoy your car.

The irritating thing is the amount of useful data that has been now lost. I had a load of spring rate/lengths I was dicussing with Denis that I hadn't saved anywhere. Meh. 9.5 years and 12k posts later and i'm still in a shitty 306 lol
Thanks given by:
(26-08-2014, 08:49 AM)MisterGTR Wrote: Very new to gti6 and found it great. Lots of very helpful threads. Lots of helpful people. I'm actually a wee bit stuck as to what to do next without it!!

Wish I'd ripped the site while it was up. Would have taken me a couple of days to recreate the faqs on a new site. Even if just for me!!

The loss of the FAQs ad answered threads is a great shame, however a lot of the people with knowledge are also on here so if you do ask a question on here it will probably be answered.

Just annoying you can't browse the excellent FAQs, guides and project threads.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Message from Ash - ISP is looking into it.
Thanks given by:
(26-08-2014, 10:05 AM)Tom85 Wrote: A shame if it's gone forever however:

https://web.archive.org/web/201310051619...com/forum/

You can still browse some of the FAQs etc via the link above - doesn't seem to include some of the pics though - but better than nothing!

Cheers for that. Will have a go. Here's hoping the gearbox oil method (differs from here) is working!

(26-08-2014, 10:27 AM)RetroPug Wrote:

Wish I'd ripped the site while it was up. Would have taken me a couple of days to recreate the faqs on a new site. Even if just for me!!

The loss of the FAQs ad answered threads is a great shame, however a lot of the people with knowledge are also on here so if you do ask a question on here it will probably be answered.

Just annoying you can't browse the excellent FAQs, guides and project threads.

Thanks Luke. Much appreciated.

New radiator and condensor needed for my 6! Gearbox oil change will have to wait!
Thanks given by:
(26-08-2014, 09:50 AM)jammapic Wrote: [quote='Dangti6' pid='467176' dateline='1409046432']
I'm stunned to see so many non GTi6 owners feeling victimised for joining in on the '6 forum.

What...!!!
They made 306's in OTHER MODELS than GTi/Rallye???

You lie!!!....

lol lol

TT
Thanks given by:
It's up and running.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
(26-08-2014, 10:59 AM)MisterGTR Wrote: Thanks Luke. Much appreciated.

New radiator and condensor needed for my 6! Gearbox oil change will have to wait!

Nissens radiators are excellent quality and significantly lighter than standard. I *think* they also make condensers for not much money but I could be mistaken.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(26-08-2014, 02:31 PM)RetroPug Wrote:

Nissens radiators are excellent quality and significantly lighter than standard. I *think* they also make condensers for not much money but I could be mistaken.
Cheers. Just need to check the connection I have on mine. And will order tonight.

Seems to be various condensers for sale. So will dive under car tonight and measure best I can. Ta
Thanks given by:
(26-08-2014, 02:33 PM)MisterGTR Wrote:
(26-08-2014, 02:31 PM)RetroPug Wrote:

Cheers. Just need to check the connection I have on mine. And will order tonight.

Seems to be various condensers for sale. So will dive under car tonight and measure best I can. Ta

If I were you (and this is exactly what I did), I would buy the Nissens radiator and the correct bottom hose for the new radiator. It is definitely worth replacing the bottom hose as old ones are difficult to seal and they go a bit manky and rubbish.

Now that the gti6 forum is up you will be able to find lots of threads on nissens radiators, and if you can't figure out which I will dig out the old thread I made where someone gave me part numbers. Smile

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(26-08-2014, 02:39 PM)RetroPug Wrote:
(26-08-2014, 02:33 PM)MisterGTR Wrote:
(26-08-2014, 02:31 PM)RetroPug Wrote: Nissens radiators are excellent quality and significantly lighter than standard. I *think* they also make condensers for not much money but I could be mistaken.

If I were you (and this is exactly what I did), I would buy the Nissens radiator and the correct bottom hose for the new radiator. It is definitely worth replacing the bottom hose as old ones are difficult to seal and they go a bit manky and rubbish.

Now that the gti6 forum is up you will be able to find lots of threads on nissens radiators, and if you can't figure out which I will dig out the old thread I made where someone gave me part numbers. Smile
Thanx. Will head over and do a search.
Thanks given by:
Get the later hose and clip, very unlikely the old one would come out properly anyway.
P1 XSi track car
2.4 LWB T4
Thanks given by:
Chuck Norris would use a nissens radiator if he had a 6.
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
(26-08-2014, 02:59 PM)adam b Wrote: Get the later hose and clip, very unlikely the old one would come out properly anyway.
Sorry for being a bit useless. And to save me ordering the wrong hose. I have a great skill of always picking the wrong one. Do you have a part number please.

I'm keeping note of everything for the next newbie. Will post all in a project thread when I've done something worth posting!!
Thanks given by:
I love how this thread has just turned into an asylum for members from the '6 owners club :p

Should start charging Rofl
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Need to be some immigration restrictions laid down around here, place is going to the dogs.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Don't worry Poodle we have disinfectant down at the doors to stop the spread of disease Wink
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(26-08-2014, 05:12 PM)Orta Wrote: Chuck Norris would use a nissens radiator if he had a 6.

Chuck Norris would hold 83 degree coolant at several bar in his bare hands.

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(26-08-2014, 05:51 PM)MisterGTR Wrote:
(26-08-2014, 02:59 PM)adam b Wrote: Get the later hose and clip, very unlikely the old one would come out properly anyway.
Sorry for being a bit useless. And to save me ordering the wrong hose. I have a great skill of always picking the wrong one. Do you have a part number please.

I'm keeping note of everything for the next newbie. Will post all in a project thread when I've done something worth posting!!

Speak to Ed or Steve at Warners Peugeot Tewkesbury. They will post out and know loads about these cars Smile
P1 XSi track car
2.4 LWB T4
Thanks given by:
Meet a lot of very good friend s from gti over the years so it's sad it's gone.I guess it was enevatable as it really was dieing for the last year or so.

Be a shame as it was always a great place to sell and buy it'll be a shame to see true forum cars end up floating around eBay.
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Its back up guys.

Kind of feel a bit 'meh' about it all now though.
Thanks given by:
Was nice to meet you guys, shame you'll all be gone until it goes down again lol
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
I'm a convert, you'll be seeing plenty of me like it or not Wink
Thanks given by:
(26-08-2014, 11:48 PM)Kezzieboy Wrote: Was nice to meet you guys, shame you'll all be gone until it goes down again lol

This, don't be strangers. If you're missing all the high horse bellends I flatter myself I do a very creditable impression, will have to let me know if i'm up to scratch.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How has the scene changed? pugtk 40 6,564 27-11-2015, 11:14 AM
Last Post: Kezzieboy
  Happy Birthday Captain Crayola Dum-Dum 6 1,574 14-07-2014, 03:24 PM
Last Post: THE_Liam
  Clutch is being changed Nathan1305 6 1,638 01-05-2014, 09:01 AM
Last Post: Nathan1305