Gti Forum (Changed for captain pedantic ;))

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gti Forum (Changed for captain pedantic ;))
another one, when did club 306 shut down?
Thanks given by:
(25-08-2014, 02:01 PM)procta Wrote: another one, when did club 306 shut down?

Club 306 is still online.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
306git6 went a bit odd and stopped displaying properly about a week ago, its been in proper turmoil for the last couple of days and fails to load.
Thanks given by:
I spoke to Stan on facebook and the current consensus is that its done and Ash probably hasn't realised yet.
Thanks given by:
What do you mean when you say "it's done"? Its gone?
Thanks given by:
My membership is up this month aswell.
Be good if everything could be transfered over to here.
Thanks given by:
(25-08-2014, 03:48 PM)luke306rallye Wrote: My membership is up this month aswell.
Be good if everything could be transfered over to here.

That wouldn't happen mate unless we bought all the data from them which won't be happening.
Theres nothing to say the forum is gone for good. It may just be that Ash hasn't realised its down but I've gotta say, it doesn't look good..
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Come one, come all, form an orderly queue.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Sorry I meant to say down pebbles.
Thanks given by:
(25-08-2014, 04:30 PM)eliotrw Wrote: Sorry I meant to say down pebbles.

Ah right! Cool.
Thanks given by:
Ash knows it's down.

IMO it being dead is the best thing for it - that's not to say it is gone forever, and not to say it isn't. Back in the day ('04 ish) it was a good place, with mainly good people. We were all passionate about the cars. Unfortunately it became a bit of a social club, and cars moved on while the owners stayed; if you weren't in that club you may as well have not bothered posting (we then became not so good people, which I'm a bit embarrassed about). It seems to be like that now, as well. Decent threads are few and far between, it's mainly just a playground for a few numpties while the valuable posters (some of whom are in this thread) get overlooked.

In an ideal world the forum would come back, and just be about the cars. GTi7 can be for the bants.
Thanks given by:
Forum of great knowledge sadly also littered with utter high horse bellends...

Be a shame if it did go mind, I did go and read projects over there, but it's a shame that there was a certain bunch of members who were pretty closed minded about near enough everything - oh well!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Gti7 is primarily a banter forum. But since LOADS of people have joined Owain is doing his best to code it quickly. He's even managing to help drag a few FAQ's over to save them. Quite admirable considering he doesn't own a pug.

I realised gti6 wasn't really the place to be a while ago and I only ever went on to talk to a few members I liked. Hell, i even sold my 6. It wasn't till after I got another Rallye that I properly discovered this place and felt utterly pissed off I hadn't done so earlier.
Thanks given by:
Forum of great knowledge sadly also littered with utter high horse bellends...

Not all of us '6' Forum members are/were 'high horse bellends' !! Some very good, helpful people on there.
Thanks given by:
I don't think Ruan is trying to start an argument, he's right though. Or at least he was. A few years back it was full of arses!

The club was much quieter recently and a lot of the perceived trouble makers had moved on. This meant many of the remaining users were actually helpful, much like yourself Nose Smile
Thanks given by:
(25-08-2014, 10:50 PM)Pebbles167 Wrote: I don't think Ruan is trying to start an argument, he's right though. Or at least he was. A few years back it was full of arses!

The club was much quieter recently and a lot of the perceived trouble makers had moved on. This meant many of the remaining users were actually helpful, much like yourself Nose Smile

Yeah sort of know where Ruan and yourself are coming from, but I can I only speak of the past 12 months I've been on there - sorry if that came over a bit aggressive, I'm certainly not out for an argument mate, and thanks for your comment Pebbles.
Thanks given by:
It lost its decent forum status about 3 years ago. Didn't help that all the historical useful data and faq section were being auto-deleted. Anyway certain people have a huge amount of knowledge about these, just got to hope they share it again.
Thanks given by:
Lots of new posters coming over so hopefully the gti scene will be improved with some more knowledge!
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Yep exactly as I posted - it was filled with great knowledge - there was just a certain few who wrecked it IMHO!

It'll be a great shame if all of that is lost in honesty.

As said, I'm not here to start a slag war with members of it - it's great that members are signing up still and haven't just totally lost interest. If it's changed in the last 12 months then in honesty, I probably wouldn't notice, I remember going on there with a few genuine questions about chassis stuff back along to be greeted with "ugh why the f*ck have you got a diesel" blah blah blah - which I could get from pretty much any other forum if I wanted to be told how wrong i am.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Just sucks that us GTi Forum Members start from scratch again with the post count restrictions. Seeing as were being forced to come over here might it not be 'fair' to at least give us selling and PM privileges???

Its not like were total noobs!!

TT
Thanks given by:
I joined the gti6 forum at the start of 2013 and have always liked it, and not once was someone a dick to me.
I had a few very short replies, but they still told me what I wanted and text replies can be difficult to interpret.

Everything I asked always got a good answer as well.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
New forums are over rated...
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I just couldnt understand why you had to pay for it. We run this forum off donations and I was never prepared to hand over money to use it.
Thanks given by:
(26-08-2014, 08:20 AM)SRowell Wrote: I just couldnt understand why you had to pay for it. We run this forum off donations and I was never prepared to hand over money to use it.

That's why it died really. Why pay to post stuff anyone can read and then it will be deleted anyway. I've not posted anything useful on there for a couple of years. Was a very good place for decent track parts. Then again I don't need to spend any more on my car!

I will attempt to keep an eye out for anything I can answer although Meirion knows everything I do about these.
Thanks given by:
(26-08-2014, 08:13 AM)tarmac terror Wrote: Just sucks that us GTi Forum Members start from scratch again with the post count restrictions. Seeing as were being forced to come over here might it not be 'fair' to at least give us selling and PM privileges???

Its not like were total noobs!!

TT

I've taken the restrictions off your account just like I will for everyone I know from the 6 forum. I know the restrictions are a pain but they are solely there to stop random spammers signing up and selling stiff that doesn't exist. Seeing as I know most of you regulars from the 6 forum, that's not an issue Smile
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Me personally I hadn't got an issue with £5 a year to be honest, I was a member of another forum for a good few years, and they charged £25 a year, but in fairness we did get a monthly mag. I've not long renewed my membership over there, so whilst £5 isn't the end of the world, it is a bit naughty just to shut it down (if indeed that's what's happened). But I have to say this site is very good and seems to be full of members who take a real interest in their cars - which can only be a good thing.
Thanks given by:
We use donations here so anyone and everyone can make donations to help with the running costs of the forum and to help with other purchases for shows like marquees and flags etc. This forum is a free place that people are then happy to support by donations because its great. Working the other way around of forcing people to pay money for full access without seeing the benefits first is the wrong way round imo. Yes it ensures you actually cover running costs but it doesn't make it a good forum.
Thanks given by:
Very new to gti6 and found it great. Lots of very helpful threads. Lots of helpful people. I'm actually a wee bit stuck as to what to do next without it!!

Wish I'd ripped the site while it was up. Would have taken me a couple of days to recreate the faqs on a new site. Even if just for me!!
Thanks given by:
Like Sam says, you can stay here and use it as much as you like for free. Just bear in mind the forum costs do come out of mine and foobys pockets when there are no donations so we do appreciate donations made. That said, we aren't going to get shitty if people do not donate. It's completely your choice.

If anyone does want to though, the paypal is payments@306oc.co.uk Smile
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Im currently having a look at web archive pages to try and see what guides can be rescued from the site. Its possible to get project threads back but they wont be up to date :/
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How has the scene changed? pugtk 40 6,564 27-11-2015, 11:14 AM
Last Post: Kezzieboy
  Happy Birthday Captain Crayola Dum-Dum 6 1,574 14-07-2014, 03:24 PM
Last Post: THE_Liam
  Clutch is being changed Nathan1305 6 1,638 01-05-2014, 09:01 AM
Last Post: Nathan1305