Gti Forum (Changed for captain pedantic ;))

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gti Forum (Changed for captain pedantic ;))
Can anyone else get on this or is it gone for good? I know it's been having problems
Thanks given by:
not available to me i get a 404 error Sad
Thanks given by:
Seems like it's gone then "/ was a good place to get parts Tongue

Oh well have a lot more gti owners on here soon then Tongue
Thanks given by:
Oh wonderful...
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Used to be classic comedy gold in the past! Shame to see it go...
Thanks given by:
https://gti7.club/ This exists.

Possibly it has been taken down to fix the issue it was having though.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Gotta say I hadn't been on there since they started charging a stupid amount for it.
Thanks given by:
Owners club? You mean the gti6 forum?

Yeah dead, gti7 ftw.
Thanks given by:
(24-08-2014, 08:52 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Gotta say I hadn't been on there since they started charging a stupid amount for it.

Wasn't it like £5 a year?
[Image: sigjpg.jpg]
Serious.
Thanks given by:
(24-08-2014, 09:53 AM)lewisdmz Wrote:
(24-08-2014, 08:52 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Gotta say I hadn't been on there since they started charging a stupid amount for it.

Yeah but regardless of if it's £5 or £500, you are still paying for a service. That's why we don't charge here. So we can just ignore you when you ask for changes Wink
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
It felt like a stupid amount when I was last over there, My head was saying it was about £20 for the full membership that allowed you to sell stuff
Thanks given by:
Nah was £5 a year I think and there was an option for "lifetime" for £20. I think....
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(24-08-2014, 06:42 AM)Lwilliams Wrote: Seems like it's gone then "/ was a good place to get parts Tongue

Oh well have a lot more gti owners on here soon then Tongue

I doubt that tbh. Not sure most would want to be seen with us diesel peasants over here. Tongue

I didn't realise it'd gone though, used to go over there for a browse a fair bit, they had some useful guides as well!
Thanks given by:
(24-08-2014, 10:04 AM)Niall Wrote: Nah was £5 a year I think and there was an option for "lifetime" for £20. I think....

I'd be demanding my money back on the "lifetime" one then, and tbh i hadnt noticed itd gone either
Thanks given by:
(24-08-2014, 09:58 AM)Niall Wrote:
(24-08-2014, 09:53 AM)lewisdmz Wrote:

Yeah but regardless of if it's £5 or £500, you are still paying for a service. That's why we don't charge here. So we can just ignore you when you ask for changes Wink

Yeah that's fine it just made me chuckle to think £5 a year is considered a stupid amount.
[Image: sigjpg.jpg]
Serious.
Thanks given by:
I think Chris thought it was £20 a year which is very pricy considering you literally just get forum access.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Initially there were three different levels of membership, £5, £10 and £20 iirc. It was quickly dropped due to being pointless.
Thanks given by:
Rofl Big Grin
Thanks given by:
*Captain
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
(24-08-2014, 12:15 PM)Pebbles167 Wrote: Initially there were three different levels of membership, £5, £10 and £20 iirc. It was quickly dropped due to being pointless.
That would be when I was last there then, probably 18-24 months ago i guess
Thanks given by:
It cant of just gone with no pre warning surely!!?? Especially if subscribtions (payments) were still being taken ie knowingly taking money from people if they know they would be shutting.down?
Thanks given by:
I remember back in the day when you'd venture over there from .net (before oc existed) if you didn't have a GTi6 you were basically treated like a little child. Oh, you want to buy a GTi ARB for your crappy 1.8? Har har har.

Massive bunch of lady gardens for the most part, fortunately not a fair representation of the members I met (although most of those had accounts on .net too because they were without prejudice!)
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Been over there since 2006 and I've enjoyed the forum. It was kinda nice that it was all focused on two models so the advice you were getting and everything you was reading was very specific and relevant.

That's not to say I didn't drop in here and .net to see what all the de-zeezals were doing!

I'm hoping it's just down for the short time whilst it gets fixed. If for nothing other than the guides and access to some friends I've made over there.
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
About time, Never had any replies to messages from me and others to re-set my password so I could get on, The owner used to may still do 10 mins from me although never met him, Mind a few good people over there and some with a chip on there shoulders
Overall Road Going Production Class Winner at BARC Gurston Down Speed Hillclimb 2012, 2013 & 2014 With a class record along the way (For a while), Taking 2nd place will be Ian Redding's 306 GTi
2016 Castle Combe GT championship class winner
Thanks given by:
(24-08-2014, 02:55 PM)C.A.R. Wrote: I remember back in the day when you'd venture over there from .net (before oc existed) if you didn't have a GTi6 you were basically treated like a little child. Oh, you want to buy a GTi ARB for your crappy 1.8? Har har har.

Massive bunch of lady gardens for the most part, fortunately not a fair representation of the members I met (although most of those had accounts on .net too because they were without prejudice!)
Yeah I got that. Was looking to buy a set of cyclones for my phase 1 DT and a few of the lads on there started trying to convince me that the '6 had a different stud pattern, not to mention all the comments of "wasted on a shitty diesel"...
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
(25-08-2014, 07:13 AM)THE_Liam Wrote:
(24-08-2014, 02:55 PM)C.A.R. Wrote: I remember back in the day when you'd venture over there from .net (before oc existed) if you didn't have a GTi6 you were basically treated like a little child. Oh, you want to buy a GTi ARB for your crappy 1.8? Har har har.

Yeah I got that. Was looking to buy a set of cyclones for my phase 1 DT and a few of the lads on there started trying to convince me that the '6 had a different stud pattern, not to mention all the comments of "wasted on a shitty diesel"...

Once that phase moved on, it went to; "Oh you have a Gti6. Is it lynx boosted? Oh it isn't? Its shit then...."

But luckily, as stated its not a fair representation of the whole society, and on the whole, those who I have met in person have turned out to be top people!
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Its like fattys leg.
Thanks given by:
Any reasoning behind WHY it has been shut down? Some great projects on there.

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
Possibly been taken offline to sort out whatever problem was causing the issues.

I'd only been a member for a relatively short time but found it VERY useful when renovating the Rallye..

It'd be a HUGE shame if it was gone for good. As has been said, catering in the main part for just the 2 models DID have its benefits.

TT
Thanks given by:
Really would be a shame if it went. I never like seeing forums die but unfortunately the owner just doesn't care but won't give it over to someone who does.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How has the scene changed? pugtk 40 6,553 27-11-2015, 11:14 AM
Last Post: Kezzieboy
  Happy Birthday Captain Crayola Dum-Dum 6 1,574 14-07-2014, 03:24 PM
Last Post: THE_Liam
  Clutch is being changed Nathan1305 6 1,635 01-05-2014, 09:01 AM
Last Post: Nathan1305