dw10 crank swap 400HP

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dw10 crank swap 400HP
Ah that's because Google spellcheck uses american English, which means half the words aren't recognised and the rest are spelt wrong.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Can you imagine how difficult stuff like en_gb and en_us is for me as Dutch, I think for an Englishman the whole damn internet is borked... ;-)

Anyway, I am not running water but use Evans cooling fluid to prevent to vapor bubbles on the cilinder walls.
Last year went fine but now I'am injecting 325cc instead of 225 and now running into problems.
I did find a waterpump from a 150hp model that has 18 theet instead of 20 and ordered one to see if the vanes also differ... (are a bit afraid of electric since last year I used an electric oil pump for the turbo which worked very well until the fuse blew and a fuse blows easier then a belt... )
Thanks given by:
(18-08-2016, 06:13 PM)japie Wrote: Can you imagine how difficult stuff like en_gb and en_us is for me as Dutch, I think for an Englishman the whole damn internet is borked... ;-)

Anyway, I am not running water but use Evans cooling fluid to prevent to vapor bubbles on the cilinder walls.
Last year went fine but now I'am injecting 325cc instead of 225 and now running into problems.
I did find a waterpump from a 150hp model that has 18 theet instead of 20 and ordered one to see if the vanes also differ... (are a bit afraid of electric since last year I used an electric oil pump for the turbo which worked very well until the fuse blew and a fuse blows easier then a belt... )
Maybe a larger rated fuse?
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
This is probably a daft question but could you run a separate small petrol engine to power a water pump?
I'm thinking chainsaw engine and a jet ski impeller.
Thanks given by:
That is thinking out of the box!
But I don't want extra fuzz in a race by starting another engine and then forgot to thank gas for that... ;-)

Thinking out of the box: pressurized water can absorb more heat so I will be looking for a high pressure cap and use the 5bar turbo pressure to pressurize the system, looks fun to test... (but must not forget to put a one-way valve in, wouldn't be funny if it boils and sprayed in the inlet manifold would it)
Thanks given by:
Dual electric pumps must be safer/simpler?
I can't see a decent one breaking that much.
Not as fun as a jetski impeller though!
Thanks given by:
For next race I ripped of an 18t pulley from a 16v engine and replaced the 20t on mine (same axle diameter), maybe the 10% rpm gain wil be just enough, if it's worse the difficult words from a couple of posts ago will be the issue... ;-)
Thanks given by:
seems to work:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1336-Gmk8II
325cc fuel, 6bar exhaust pressure, 7.2bar boost pressure, 40 degree C intake temp
Thanks given by:
Impressive Big Grin good that that's been such an easy fix really.
Thanks given by:
(20-09-2016, 03:32 PM)japie Wrote: seems to work:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1336-Gmk8II
325cc fuel, 6bar exhaust pressure, 7.2bar boost pressure, 40 degree C intake temp

That thing is ridiculous Big Grin 7.2bar inlet and only 40c intake! Amazing work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks given by:
Wow, seriously impressive! So the smaller diameter pump pulley fixed the cooling issues?
Thanks given by:
My life and love... 7.2bar??
Holy cow of boost.

And how in great scott do you manage 40c intakes?!?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Cool Inlove lmao Awesome.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
(20-09-2016, 05:12 PM)Piggy Wrote: My life and love... 7.2bar??
Holy cow of boost.

And how in great scott do you manage 40c intakes?!?

cold water fed chargecoolers.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
Got 2 330x300mm intercooler cores welded together so it's 160mm thick, boost air is going trough the 330x300 area and water is pumped trough the channels ment originally for boost air, got a tank filled with 20l of water no ice water to much fuzz for to little difference.
The second run the air temp is 80C but since I'am lazy I don't want to change it in between... ;-)
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DW10 vs DW12 vs DV6 Dreijers 43 16,047 03-12-2017, 11:54 AM
Last Post: Poodle
Wink Converting DW10 to IDI (XUD) TwinkleToes 22 6,694 27-09-2017, 05:36 AM
Last Post: Poodle
  DW10 Piper cam 306clot 17 5,616 13-05-2016, 12:29 PM
Last Post: toseland