Windscreen glare.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windscreen glare.
Does anyone know of anything that can lower/eliminate the glare you get through a windscreen at night? It's almost as though every car going the opposite way has had its headlights set so they point directly at my face and light full bore. Very distracting and i pray the next car doesn't have xenons...

I've seen spray on stuff on the internet but can't find anything on the matter.

Any advice welcome, thanks!
3 x Peugeot owner.

1996 106.
1996 306 D Turbo S.
1994 Mercedes Benz 320E.
1997 306 GLX.

Subscribe! - https://www.youtube.com/user/TheADKJD/videos
Thanks given by:
Sunglasses?

Seriously though; you driving with a lowered car?
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
I dont know about night time glare but getting the dash flocked is meant to awesome to stop glare from dash surpose its the same for night as stops reflection but obviously ya gonna still get direct light from oncoming traffic etc
Thanks given by:
clean the windscreen inside and out
Thanks given by:
Yeah give the screen a good clean. Clay bay the outside then use Rain-X.
Thanks given by:
(23-08-2014, 05:15 AM)cully Wrote: clean the windscreen inside and out

This, makes the world of difference. If it's from lines across the windscreen from scratching i think glass polish is the only way to fix it, expensive stuff these days. Confused
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Defo clean the windscreen, consider upgrading to a ph3 Meridian SE solar reflect windscreen as they are helpful.
Thanks given by:
Another vote for cleaning it.
Half the time it's just goo on the inside of the windscreen refracting the incoming light and making it glare.

I've found the best thing for it is neat washing up liquid, a couple of drops on a rag and smear it all over - then buff it clear.

It cleans the windscreen up and acts as an anti-misting agent, so your windscreen doesn't fog up on cold winter mornings Big Grin
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ice smashes car windscreen Eeyore 11 2,297 02-01-2017, 12:10 AM
Last Post: toseland