hdi wont start after the battery going flat

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hdi wont start after the battery going flat
hi all, got problem again with the again hdi yesterday basically i was daft and left the lights and i then went to jump start the car, let the battery charge for a short time tried to start barley turned over left it to charge for about a hour in total and turned over ok but wouldn't start at all! Sad

after this i checked all fuses looked ok, inertia switch, in tank primes ok, oi then checked the injectors to see if they were injecting and found they had no power being delivered to them so i am confused as to what has happened, can anyone shed some light on the matter. The situation is like the immobilizer inst disabling however car has a 3rd party Clifford immobilizer and i suspect that the standard immobilizer has been disabled as a chipped key is not needed to start the car

any help would be appreciated as this is getting rally annoying

jake
Thanks given by:
Test your battery, hdis won't start if the ecu doesn't see enough voltage.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Get someone to check the battery voltage when you crank. Sounds to me like the battery isn't charged enough seeing as you only charged it for an hour). ECU and just about every other module needs an absolute minimum of about 8v to work and even on a completely healthy battery, on cranking you will drop to 10-11v
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Hi all, I have done a lot of testing on this matter scince posting and have found no solutions have tryed other good batterys and fully charging them, the car now has been sent to a auto electrics garage who suspect the aftetmarket Clifford alarm has locked up due to the injects only getting one pin on power and not 2.

Will post what the problem was once I hear back from te garage As to the problem

But cheers poodle and Niall for the replys

Jake
Thanks given by:
Why do people fit aftermarket alarms!? They're always more trouble than they're worth!
Thanks given by:
(31-08-2014, 08:43 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Why do people fit aftermarket alarms!? They're always more trouble than they're worth!

I know this one has been nothing but trubble whyle I have had it Angry will be good to get it removed !! Smile

Jake
Thanks given by:
just to fill in the banks as i now have the car back working, the clifford alarm was removed to find that it made no difference, they then tested ecu and found the standard immobilizer had locked up, once that was removed the car fired back into life as it should.

jake
Thanks given by:
Thanks for updating.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ph3 1.8 16v meridian - wont start, help 306meridian 2 1,504 10-03-2021, 04:49 PM
Last Post: 306meridian
  battery goes flat John1.4 28 2,943 13-01-2015, 05:59 PM
Last Post: daddyfixit
Star ignition lights are on without a key in the switch.. wont start :( lamkov1991 10 2,350 01-12-2014, 07:06 PM
Last Post: lamkov1991