Roof lining

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roof lining
The roof lining?
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(23-08-2014, 05:54 PM)Adam-m-h Wrote: I think there was to much stretch in it I've also painted the front and rear light surrounds Diablo but left handles and sun visors grey unsure weather to do them red or black Idea

[Image: imagejpg1_zps4ce6f90b.jpg]

Looks awesome. I might give this a go in the week. Are the pillars simple enough to fit back, im guessing they just push on?
Thanks given by:

(24-08-2014, 08:03 AM)Niall Wrote: Virtually anything can be flocked

Thanks I've found a kit on ebay might have a goWink

@iceman299
Yeah the just push on a firm smack and there good. just make sure you pull the rubber seals down far enough I got one stuck and took Abit of fiddling to get straight again Confused
Thanks given by:
Cool thanks. If i mess it up i'll be taking a drive to derby.... Big Grin lol
Thanks given by:
(24-08-2014, 08:58 PM)Iceman299 Wrote: Cool thanks. If i mess it up i'll be taking a drive to derby.... Big Grin lol

If I was to do it again I'd use drawing pins to hold the material and lay it out first (like a dummy run pins instead of glue) as the recess where the sun visors fit were a bit tricky and make sure as you glue that the glue covers the previous bit to avoid it sagging

Hope it helps good look
Thanks given by:
Looks good, i was going to do this yesterday before the spray ran out, but you know where the interior light is, next to it is something that is plugged in, how did you get that out as i tried yesterday but didnt want to break it..[/u]

(23-08-2014, 05:54 PM)Adam-m-h Wrote: I think there was to much stretch in it I've also painted the front and rear light surrounds Diablo but left handles and sun visors grey unsure weather to do them red or black Idea

[Image: Cropped%20pic.png]
The Black PH3 Angel
Thanks given by:
(05-09-2014, 06:15 AM)Josh1994 Wrote: Looks good, i was going to do this yesterday before the spray ran out, but you know where the interior light is, next to it is something that is plugged in, how did you get that out as i tried yesterday but didnt want to break it..[/u]

Two little screws opposite corners you'll see them when you pull the surround out.
Thanks given by:
I took that out but what im on about is when you take the whole bit out and you got three things, two is the lights and there is another thing next to the light which i dont know what it is, when you look at your picture you got the two lights and you got another thing with lines in, that is the item i am on about.
The Black PH3 Angel
Thanks given by:
(06-09-2014, 07:44 PM)Josh1994 Wrote: I took that out but what im on about is when you take the whole bit out and you got three things, two is the lights and there is another thing next to the light which i dont know what it is, when you look at your picture you got the two lights and you got another thing with lines in, that is the item i am on about.

Yeah it's got a little fan (i think it's for the auto setting on the blowers) wen you take the light surround out the wires do pull A bit not a lot tho and there's two really small screws diagonal opposite each other if I can I'll get some pics up Monday.
Thanks given by:
When i pull all the the surround out after doing the first two screws to take it out then yes they do pull a bit and it looks like clips tbh..
The Black PH3 Angel
Thanks given by:
(06-09-2014, 09:10 PM)Josh1994 Wrote: When i pull all the the surround out after doing the first two screws to take it out then yes they do pull a bit and it looks like clips tbh..

I'm sure I just unscrewed two little screws either side of that fan and pulled it off I'll take mine out Monday and get you some pics
Thanks given by:
My Bad, now I know what you mean, I already done this a couple of hours ago, photos will be up soon on my project thread. Thanks.

(07-09-2014, 07:01 PM)Adam-m-h Wrote:
(06-09-2014, 09:10 PM)Josh1994 Wrote: When i pull all the the surround out after doing the first two screws to take it out then yes they do pull a bit and it looks like clips tbh..

I'm sure I just unscrewed two little screws either side of that fan and pulled it off I'll take mine out Monday and get you some pics
The Black PH3 Angel
Thanks given by:
(07-09-2014, 07:03 PM)Josh1994 Wrote: My Bad, now I know what you mean, I already done this a couple of hours ago, photos will be up soon on my project thread. Thanks.

(07-09-2014, 07:01 PM)Adam-m-h Wrote:

Ok no mither I look forward to pics
Thanks given by:

I'm stuck at the first hurdle. How do you get this plastic bit off??
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
(25-11-2014, 12:35 PM)Orta Wrote: I'm stuck at the first hurdle. How do you get this plastic bit off??

Take the interior light out first then a flat head screw driver to remove plastic surround
IIRC it comes out windscreen side first.
Be careful behind the little vents are a couple of wires 2 tiny screws hold it on
Thanks given by:
Right. Moving on to the roof lining. C and A pillars off no probs, but the b pillars feel a lot more sturdy. Is there a special way of removing these? Are they simply pop offs like the others? If so where are the best pressure points and if not how the heck do you get them off?!?!
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
(26-11-2014, 09:48 AM)Orta Wrote: Right. Moving on to the roof lining. C and A pillars off no probs, but the b pillars feel a lot more sturdy. Is there a special way of removing these? Are they simply pop offs like the others? If so where are the best pressure points and if not how the heck do you get them off?!?!

Grab the belt adjustment knob and pull it till it comes off (giggidy) and you will see a tiny T10 screw. Remove that, remove the seat belt loop (17mm bolt i think) and then you need to remove the rear quarter card and there is another T20 behind that then it will just pop off. If you are just taking the roof lining out, you can leave the T20 behind the rear quarter card and just pop the top of the B pillar trim forwards a bit
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(26-11-2014, 09:53 AM)Niall Wrote:
(26-11-2014, 09:48 AM)Orta Wrote: Right. Moving on to the roof lining. C and A pillars off no probs, but the b pillars feel a lot more sturdy. Is there a special way of removing these? Are they simply pop offs like the others? If so where are the best pressure points and if not how the heck do you get them off?!?!

Grab the belt adjustment knob and pull it till it comes off (giggidy) and you will see a tiny T10 screw. Remove that, remove the seat belt loop (17mm bolt i think) and then you need to remove the rear quarter card and there is another T20 behind that then it will just pop off. If you are just taking the roof lining out, you can leave the T20 behind the rear quarter card and just pop the top of the B pillar trim forwards a bit

Thank you kindly sir. Roof lining is now off muhahaha. I've taken some pictures during if anyone would think it needs a proper FAQ doing I'd be happy to write one.
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
(26-11-2014, 11:50 AM)Orta Wrote:
(26-11-2014, 09:53 AM)Niall Wrote:

Thank you kindly sir. Roof lining is now off muhahaha. I've taken some pictures during if anyone would think it needs a proper FAQ doing I'd be happy to write one.

I'd like to see some pics and know how you get on with covering it Smile
Thanks given by:
(26-11-2014, 03:49 PM)Adam-m-h Wrote:
(26-11-2014, 11:50 AM)Orta Wrote:
(26-11-2014, 09:53 AM)Niall Wrote: Grab the belt adjustment knob and pull it till it comes off (giggidy) and you will see a tiny T10 screw. Remove that, remove the seat belt loop (17mm bolt i think) and then you need to remove the rear quarter card and there is another T20 behind that then it will just pop off. If you are just taking the roof lining out, you can leave the T20 behind the rear quarter card and just pop the top of the B pillar trim forwards a bit

I'd like to see some pics and know how you get on with covering it Smile

I'm just spraying it black Mate no covering ;-)
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
About to tackle this this weekend, has anyone had any luck with any brand apart from TrimFix?

Would a general high temp fabric glue do the trick?
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(31-07-2015, 09:52 PM)I\m rd070707 Wrote: About to tackle this this weekend, has anyone had any luck with any brand apart from TrimFix?

Would a general high temp fabric glue do the trick?

How did you get on I just used a cheap standard spray glue from hardware shop can't remember brand.
Thanks given by:
(23-08-2014, 08:17 PM)Kezzieboy Wrote: Yeah I've been wondering about the visors, mine are stickerbombed at the moment, I don't really like them anymore but can't think what else to do with them!

Could 307 visors be fitted for something a bit different? They are lit on both sides of the mirror like the 306 Griffe from France but would obvs need wired in while the roof linings off!

On the subject of repurposing parts from other models, I just picked up these brushed stainless sill guard step plates from a 307 xsi 136, intention is to go on my SW sills but they're nice trim pieces and could be fitted elsewhere!

For example! Could easily be drilled out for l.e.d.s
Thanks given by:
They work number plate doesn't look to bad I'd be scared of losing it tho and I'm not sure about the visors tho the wiring would be easy enough interior light to mirror
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fabric for roof lining andyyy 4 2,038 21-08-2015, 12:02 AM
Last Post: Adam-m-h
  Interior light surround thing, on the roof lining? Dean 9 3,243 02-10-2013, 10:36 PM
Last Post: Dean
  Roof Lining And Carpets Toast 8 2,321 11-09-2013, 06:44 PM
Last Post: Grant