phone and broadband packages

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
phone and broadband packages
So I'm pissed off with talk talk as we keep getting telephone calls for a computer shop after googleing my telephone number we have same number as a computer shop not far from us not sure how this is possible but it's happened, so I've rang them today saying basically change my number so we don't get these calls, they have said no can do unless I cancel my package and restart a new package (don't wanna do this as I don't wanna be in another 12month contract with them) or this makes me laff have a crime reference number from the police Undecided yes they expect me to go to my local police station tell them I'm having calls from people asking me to fix there computers.......

SO wondering if you guys could point me in the right direction to some decent and cheap phone and broadband packages, considering sky at min as fancy the TV to but not sure if I want to spend that much...

Any help welcome Smile

Thanks given by:
Virgin get my vote ThumbsUp

Don't listen to people who go on about how different providers networks are shitter than others, it's all the same network anyway.

Plus I *think* virgin do packages now without a phone line Smile
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Second that ^
We have been with virgin since they took over from NTL and we have never had a single problem and keep giving us free upgrades as well :p
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Im with EE, Its like 4 quid a month for phone and broadband and 12.99 for line rental but im with them for phone contract
Thanks given by:
Plus Net for me. Not a single problem so far. I think phone and unlimited broadband is £17.50. I don't live in a cable/fibre area but if I did I'd go down the Virgin route.

I was with sky for 12 months but had issues with the router they supplied. They don't allow you to change to a third party router, for no reason.
Thanks given by:
Had nothing but problems with virgin but everyones opinions.will be different dependant.on supplier, history with supplier etc etc
Thanks given by:
+1 for virgin
Thanks given by:
This is perfect thread as just moved into a new place with no fibre.

When we did have fibre virgin was amazing. 60mbs all day everyday and like 22 a month. Dad has plusnet and its a bit iffy, the router decides to log people out late at night then resets itself. EE were good at uni , their box gave a good signal as it was a 3 story house and box was on ground floor
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Just looked were not in a virgin area Sad

So need other ideas

Thanks given by:
I was with Virgin for more years than I care to think of and never a single issue with them, This is in the days of Dial up then onto Broadband, Unfortunately now I'm with BT as they are the only ones that supply fast broadband (Infinity) due to being in the middle of no where, The only major plus with BT is the Hotspot's dotted around so handy for the old Phone etc
Overall Road Going Production Class Winner at BARC Gurston Down Speed Hillclimb 2012, 2013 & 2014 With a class record along the way (For a while), Taking 2nd place will be Ian Redding's 306 GTi
2016 Castle Combe GT championship class winner
Thanks given by:
Virgin have been absolutely crap for me, Sky Fibre was fantastic, Plusnet seems pretty good so far.

It's all swings and roundabouts, just get the cheapest one that is quick enough for you (avoiding TalkTalk and AOL).
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
(21-08-2014, 08:32 PM)Grant Wrote: Don't listen to people who go on about how different providers networks are shitter than others, it's all the same network anyway.

Actually things are starting to change, but not on a network side.
Just this week Talk Talk has been found to be forwarding copyright claim letters to subscribers who have been accused of an infringement.

It's not required by law to do this, no-one else behaves like that, but it does it anyway.
Basically you get a warning notice with an offer to pay to 'make it go away'
Thanks given by:
It all goes thru the BT exchange anyway unless it's Cable,
I found surprise that any third party supplier BT would be quite slow to look into it and change things if needed (Had a couple of issues with the line not Virgins fault thou), Now I'm with BT and guess what it's all allot quicker,
Overall Road Going Production Class Winner at BARC Gurston Down Speed Hillclimb 2012, 2013 & 2014 With a class record along the way (For a while), Taking 2nd place will be Ian Redding's 306 GTi
2016 Castle Combe GT championship class winner
Thanks given by:
(22-08-2014, 11:30 PM)miles Wrote: It all goes thru the BT exchange anyway unless it's Cable,
I found surprise that any third party supplier BT would be quite slow to look into it and change things if needed (Had a couple of issues with the line not Virgins fault thou), Now I'm with BT and guess what it's all allot quicker,

Even cable (I presume you mean the NTL Legacy network that is now virgin) goes through BT exchanges, network and equipment.
Then back down to co-ax lmao go figure.
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Same here i'm with virgin and they been top notch.
Thanks given by:
Always used sky, cheap and reliable so far
Thanks given by:
Only llu services on my exchange were talktalk or sky. Was with talktalk and soon as the minimum contract was up, fibre was available in my area, so signed up to unlimited sky fibre along with unlimited landline calls etc etc and full package tv. We all chip in a bit a month so the costs are relatively small but going at it like that solo is costly!

For service haven't had problem with sky. The routers good but not for big houses as it Is a single band 2.4ghz router. Blah.
'01 Astor Grey HDi DTurbo 3 Door - Current/Daily/Does Everything I ask of it

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
Sky routers have always been utter dog shit, which really put me off.
BT routers are a little better, but the main plus is they allow you to use your own router.

Sky used to block you from doing that, I dunno if they still do.
Thanks given by:
Can't say anything bad about Virgin all been good so far I was worried about their traffic management but thankfully its all been excellent. .
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Broadband Deals? Toms306 10 3,577 20-11-2018, 09:25 AM
Last Post: Eeyore
  Broadband shopping about lolsteve 13 2,015 08-01-2016, 08:35 AM
Last Post: toseland
  Pug1Off - Tuning Packages mackat 113 29,189 23-07-2015, 06:49 AM
Last Post: 7057sam