Hi everyone

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi everyone
Hi guys and girls,

I'm new to owning a pug 306, mainly due to me killing my Volvo I needed a car quickly to get me to and from work. So after a panic of oh crap what am I gonna do I ended up with a R (1998) plate 1.4 306 lx. Now I know it beat any speed or acceleration records, but it will do me as I need a clean licence for work. Anyway I need to change the offside drive shaft which is proving hard to get hold off. He who must be obeyed (cough cough) informs me it needs to be a 21 spline non abs one. Seems most are 25, at this point I must add i'm lost lol. Do any of you lovelies know of a supplier where I could get the part from. The deal is if I get the part he who thinks he must be obeyed will help me pimp the old girl up, which i already have some bit and bobs for. Many thanks and thanks for the add to the group.

Cheers Karen x
Thanks given by:
First...check if its ABS or not. Unlikely for the 1998 1.4...but worth checkig.

Then get on ebay and order one...all the 1.4 shafts are the same iirc other than abs/non abs

Welcome Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(21-08-2014, 07:31 PM)Piggy Wrote: First...check if its ABS or not. Unlikely for the 1998 1.4...but worth checkig.

Then get on ebay and order one...all the 1.4 shafts are the same iirc other than abs/non abs

Welcome Smile

Hi thanks for reply, i'm told its non abs, we did order a part but it was the wrong one, even tho the sites page said it was right. The words my other half and our friend said when the realised after taking the original on off are unrepeatable. But I got the impression they weren't happy. x
Thanks given by:
Have you tried J&R Joints?
Thanks given by:
Can you get to a local scrap yard/breakers yard? Could prove a worthwhile visit.

Oh and welcome Smile
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Welcome Karen Smile
Get us a pic of your engine bay (No thats not a innuendo lol) and we will tell you if it has ABS. At R reg, the majority of 306s did have ABS.
Im pretty sure there is no difference in the amount of splines though. Think the only difference is if the joint has the pick up ring on it for the ABS sensor. If you do have ABS and this ring isn't there, you will get a fault light on the dash and the ABS system will automatically stop working.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Welcome aboard Smile.

Your local motor factor should be able to help. If you give them a call/go in, they'll tell you if there's any options for your car. There will probably be a surcharge as most are exchange, but you can check old against new when you pick it up to confirm it's correct. Gets rid of the old one too. It's usually my preference to ordering online and having the wrong part delivered, anyway...
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the forum Hello
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the club, be it a 1.4 a 1.9 or a 2.0, were all nuts for loving these silly french hatchbacks!

You'll certainly find all you need to know here!

Welcome Smile
Thanks given by:
Thank you everyone for your kind replies, it seems that although my car is a phase 2 it has some phase 1 parts. Weird I know seems i may have fun with the little lady. Anyway drive shaft is sorted now time to pimp the old girl up.
Thanks given by:
(24-09-2014, 01:50 PM)Karen W Wrote: Thank you everyone for your kind replies, it seems that although my car is a phase 2 it has some phase 1 parts. Weird I know seems i may have fun with the little lady. Anyway drive shaft is sorted now time to pimp the old girl up.

Hi and welcome.
could we have some pics of the car please Smile
Thanks given by:
Im trying to figure out how to do that lol. Me and technical things don't always see eye to eye lol. And I'm trying to do it from my phone, double trouble
Thanks given by:
Hi and welcome Smile

As said get some pics up (of the car!)
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
I have a Phase 1 non abs driveshaft on my old 1.6 I'm breaking if you get stuck ?
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
welcome to the club! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
this is my little lady, i've named her Dita sad i know
[attachment=19244][attachment=19243]
Thanks given by:
Welcome Smile

What part of EA are you from?
Thanks given by:
Im in Cambridgeshire, lots of open windey roads to play on
Thanks given by:
Im in Ipswich and London so im about!
Thanks given by:
Im between ipswich and cambridge. So also near(ish)
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
N reg phase two eh ?
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(26-09-2014, 02:10 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: N reg phase two eh ?

Looking at the username and the Plate im gonna say its a personalised plate mate Smile
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
(26-09-2014, 06:55 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote:
(26-09-2014, 02:10 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: N reg phase two eh ?

Looking at the username and the Plate im gonna say its a personalised plate mate Smile

Well done Poirot' Big Grin
Thanks given by:
More like Axle Foley me lol
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Hehehe, yes its a private plate, it was a gift for my birthday. Couldn't get one for my age so the N bit was the reg of cars the year i was born, 999 is my job (ambulance crew not old bill), klw are my initials. Your little chat did make me chuckle
Thanks given by:
Haha pretty much any thread on here goes the same way Smile
Team Cyril
Thanks given by: