Would you recommend this?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you recommend this?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200587734479

Looking to for an intercooler when I Bosch and TD04 my car. Do you think this will be okay? I'm just thinking it works out a lot cheaper than buying the pipes separate. Also by looking at it would you say it has most of the pipe work for an XUD and if not what other pipes would I need for it.

Thanks Smile
Thanks given by:
That looks very similar to the one my mate uses on his HDi, and that's running a 190 bhp map... The only thing i'd say (if that is the same kit) is that the sillicone is a bit cheap in feel, but it does work. For his we had some custom pipes made by a company and beaded the metal pipes with a tool. Works fine.

Edit - That is the same kit, struggled to see the "toyo sports" on it. Works fine.
3 x Peugeot owner.

1996 106.
1996 306 D Turbo S.
1994 Mercedes Benz 320E.
1997 306 GLX.

Subscribe! - https://www.youtube.com/user/TheADKJD/videos
Thanks given by:
(21-08-2014, 01:47 PM)ADV_93 Wrote: That looks very similar to the one my mate uses on his HDi, and that's running a 190 bhp map... The only thing i'd say (if that is the same kit) is that the sillicone is a bit cheap in feel, but it does work. For his we had some custom pipes made by a company and beaded the metal pipes with a tool. Works fine.

Edit - That is the same kit, struggled to see the "toyo sports" on it. Works fine.

Awesome thanks man Smile do you know if I need any other pipes for XUD?
Thanks given by:
Possibly/maybe depending on the route you take.

You'll also wanna get better hose clamps, because the cheap ones have a habbit of popping off.
Thanks given by:
I haven't fitted an FMIC on an XUD yet (got to do my own soon!), however at a glance i'd say the adapter to get the boost pipe onto the manifold would be something that would have to be fabricated, but there's people selling bits like this on this forum and the FB page. However a commonality is to fit a Xantia manifold. Also yes, definitely get better hose clamps!
3 x Peugeot owner.

1996 106.
1996 306 D Turbo S.
1994 Mercedes Benz 320E.
1997 306 GLX.

Subscribe! - https://www.youtube.com/user/TheADKJD/videos
Thanks given by:
(21-08-2014, 03:04 PM)ADV_93 Wrote: I haven't fitted an FMIC on an XUD yet (got to do my own soon!), however at a glance i'd say the adapter to get the boost pipe onto the manifold would be something that would have to be fabricated, but there's people selling bits like this on this forum and the FB page. However a commonality is to fit a Xantia manifold. Also yes, definitely get better hose clamps!

Yeah I was going to upgrade the clamps. I'm getting a xantia manifold so that should be everything? Dependant on route
Thanks given by:
It's good but I wouldn't. Firstly you'll need a couple of extra 90* bends or maybe some 180s. Secondly it's jubilee clips not the better mikalor style t-bar clamps and thirdly it's 2.5" not the 2.25" most people run which while not an issue in itself is a little harder to route with that 6mm extra you'll need to find in some gaps but also it's hard to get second hand bits to complete the set up.

Are you gonna fit your turbo down the back or gear box mount it?
Thanks given by:
(21-08-2014, 03:40 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: It's good but I wouldn't. Firstly you'll need a couple of extra 90* bends or maybe some 180s. Secondly it's jubilee clips not the better mikalor style t-bar clamps and thirdly it's 2.5" not the 2.25" most people run which while not an issue in itself is a little harder to route with that 6mm extra you'll need to find in some gaps but also it's hard to get second hand bits to complete the set up.

Are you gonna fit your turbo down the back or gear box mount it?

Thanks for the input Smile I'm going to run the turbo down the back as I don't know what to do to gearbox mount it. And I should look at 2.25" intercooler then?
Thanks given by:
http://m.ebay.ie/itm/251555444356?nav=SEARCH

I got that 1 there the other day.

And silicone bends an couplers from autosiliconehoses.

Any1 think that front mount is too small for a dt?

(21-08-2014, 12:28 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200587734479

Looking to for an intercooler when I Bosch and TD04 my car. Do you think this will be okay? I'm just thinking it works out a lot cheaper than buying the pipes separate. Also by looking at it would you say it has most of the pipe work for an XUD and if not what other pipes would I need for it.

Thanks Smile

I that kit really £1250 ??

HDI D'Turbo Daily Driver ---- XUD D'Turbo Project
Thanks given by:
(22-08-2014, 05:43 PM)daveylennon93 Wrote: http://m.ebay.ie/itm/251555444356?nav=SEARCH

I got that 1 there the other day.

And silicone bends an couplers from autosiliconehoses.

Any1 think that front mount is too small for a dt?

(21-08-2014, 12:28 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200587734479

Thanks Smile

I that kit really £1250 ??

It was £125 when I seen it haha
Thanks given by:
That's what I thought pricey seller must be out of stock

I wouldn't bother with a kit unless it's one someone has removed from a car

Get a universal cooler

Buy pipes seperate as Chris says you need more than that comes with

And you want proper boost pipe clamps so you can get it nice and tight

So after you have bought 2 slimline fans extra pipe extra silicone proper boost pipe clamps it would be far cheaper to make a kit yourself

Oh and 2.25" is the preferred diameter can get reducer pipes for intercooler if that's larger than 2.25" but xantia inlet is 2.25" so it's nice to keep it all the same size
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
(22-08-2014, 06:33 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: That's what I thought pricey seller must be out of stock

I wouldn't bother with a kit unless it's one someone has removed from a car

Get a universal cooler

Buy pipes seperate as Chris says you need more than that comes with

And you want proper boost pipe clamps so you can get it nice and tight

So after you have bought 2 slimline fans extra pipe extra silicone proper boost pipe clamps it would be far cheaper to make a kit yourself

Oh and 2.25" is the preferred diameter can get reducer pipes for intercooler if that's larger than 2.25" but xantia inlet is 2.25" so it's nice to keep it all the same size

Yeah I'm gonna go 2.25" Smile just need to find a thread or list of all the pipes I need for a xud
Thanks given by:
Dont forget your asda price hairspray! Spray the inside of the silicones or the outside of the allly pipes before the final fitting, glues everything together nicely! And helps it all slip together.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(22-08-2014, 07:32 PM)Tom Wrote: Dont forget your asda price hairspray! Spray the inside of the silicones or the outside of the allly pipes before the final fitting, glues everything together nicely! And helps it all slip together.

Good tip Smile I'll have to remember that
Thanks given by: