Every other car has been ruined for me.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Every other car has been ruined for me.
Last night I had a passenger ride in a Radical with the Hyabusa V8 engine in, around Bruntingthorpe test track. Nothing will ever feel fast again. Topped out at *only* 150ish mph at the end of the main straight, due to the incredibly close ratios, but got there stupid fast.

The real shock though was the cornering speed, turns out a massive aero package, and massive slicks mean you can chuck it around corners at well over 100mph and it just grips and grips.

It was also a perfect example of my favourite saying; 'don't ask don't get'. We (the formula student team I was testing with, also mega fun with ~80bhp in a 200kg car, on slicks) just gave them some jubilee clips they needed, and I said that all they had to do in return was let me have a go in their car, and they said yes Tongue

Anyway, a couple pics and there's a very brief video to come:

[Image: IMG_20140819_151749587_HDR_zpskywhqarr.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20140819_151737166_HDR_zpswxdrvfap.jpg]
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
Thats awesome. Ive got to.drive some nice cars over the years by just asking. Nothing like this though. Looks awesome. Eagerly awaiting a video
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Piggy will say his 306 is better & that this feels 'Floppy'.
Thanks given by:
I do love those cars.
Thanks given by:
Epic car, I have had passenger ride in one, not the v8 mind. Amazing cornering grip.

Bugger off GayJ.

If you are seriously guna compare a MX5 with a Radical, you need a cat scan.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Its ugly but it looks mental! lol. Bet its a right laugh!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Well c'mon, wheres this video then?! Wink
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
I hope they carried out the pretrack checks before taking that out on track at those speeds. It could have been very dangerous!
Thanks given by:
(20-08-2014, 05:29 PM)SRowell Wrote: I hope they carried out the pretrack checks before taking that out on track at those speeds. It could have been very dangerous!

They did, hence realising they needed some jubilee clips to repair something Itwasntme
Thanks given by:
What, you mean it corners faster than a 306?
[Image: sigjpg.jpg]
Serious.
Thanks given by:
Video isn't anything particularly special, just a flyby. There was a more interesting one, but they made me delete it Sad

What pre-track checks would those be Sam, seeing as you're the expert Tongue

And yeah, much gaffer tape, jubilees and dremels were used that day, as I said, dream job!
Thanks given by:
I'll give it a drag race on my gixxer! Big Grin

(To be fair, with pretty much any other car it would be no contest, but I think this may be faster!)
Thanks given by:
That's a nice Cathay Pacific plane.

Had 6 laps in an open top radical at bedford and loved it.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
I drove 5 supercars (one was.the limited edition lambo gallado Balboni) the other month and apart from next to no leg and pedal room I got out thinking Im glad my V6 306 GTI is a much comfortable drive and not only that acceleration and speed was no different then what I experiance in mine when I boot it!
Was a wicked experiance none the less.
Thanks given by:
arial atom 300... witht he mugen tuned suipercharged vtec (yo) ... 480bhp, 500kg... bliss..
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
(20-08-2014, 05:29 PM)SRowell Wrote: I hope they carried out the pretrack checks before taking that out on track at those speeds. It could have been very dangerous!

You mean like making sure your P bush is actually connected to your car before doing a hill climb?
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
C2K, I took a photo of the Cathay Pacific, as I know a guy who is a pilot for them! They always have some cool planes at Brunty, my fav is the Airbus Skylink, bonkers looking thing!

Atom might match it on acceleration, but will be nowhere close on cornering speed, same for motorbikes I would imagine.
Thanks given by:
saw those or something like them at croft, a couple of years ago at a track day. They sounded like Btcc touring cars when the came into the pit lane! They were very quick around croft as that's a rear wheel drive circuit.
I bet it was an experience you will not forget! Also nice to help a team out with their car and get a reward like that for it!
Thanks given by:
(20-08-2014, 08:30 PM)calibra306 Wrote: I got out thinking Im glad my V6 306 GTI is a much comfortable drive and not only that acceleration and speed was no different then what I experiance in mine when I boot it!

Just lol. That's all. LOL.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
Top speed may well be better in the supercars but power to.weight ratio in my pug round a track im sure would eat there dust. Can put to practice once I get my video memory stick back with speeds and work.out distances etc
Thanks given by:
Dude, stop chatting shit, you'd be MILES behind any supercar in a 306, unless you're talking a high-boost '6 in which case you might put up slightly more of a fight, but still lose die to it being FWD.
Thanks given by:
(20-08-2014, 11:18 PM)Matt-Rallye Wrote:

You mean like making sure your P bush is actually connected to your car before doing a hill climb?

yeh thats part of the checks!
Thanks given by:
Kezzieboy have you actually driven a stripped out 3.0 V6 306.

Ive got proven videos of speedos
from mine and the supercars I drove and even videos from.youtube can be used as a comparison.

40-140mph from a lot of high end and supercars believe me there aint much difference.(fact)
Find it funny when people with no experiance say ya talking shit.
Thanks given by:
(22-08-2014, 09:54 AM)calibra306 Wrote: Kezzieboy have you actually driven a stripped out 3.0 V6 306.

Ive got proven videos of speedos
from mine and the supercars I drove and even videos from.youtube can be used as a comparison.

40-140mph from a lot of high end and supercars believe me there aint much difference.(fact)
Find it funny when people with no experiance say ya talking shit.

I sort of know what you're on about. My 306 on track kept up with, and overtook a current generation Audi RS4. Granted he wouldn't be trying as hard as me, but in the normal way I should have been nowhere near him.
Thanks given by:
If there superlights like the one this thread is about then yeah its
gonna kill anything in its way.
Thanks given by:
Mate I can guarantee it WONT. In our westfield with a fireblade engine we overtook ans stayed infront of a 440bhp evo, that was fully stripped and was nearly ALL carbon fibre
Thanks given by:
I fail to see how a V6 306 can be anything approaching supercar quick I'm afraid.

Assuming that it's a standard-ish engine, you're only talking 180-200hp/ton depending how extensively stripped it is. A massive improvement over a standard GTi-6's 135hp/ton ish granted, but way off anything properly quick and down even on some of the current generation hot-hatches.

Whilst not a 306 I have driven 205 V6's and whilst undoubtedly pretty quick in a straight line by conventional standards, it still wouldn't see which way a proper modern-ish supercar went that was being given full beans. A 205 is a good 200kg lighter than a 306 too.

That said, I'm sure it feels quicker being stripped out compared to a plush supercar with little sensation of speed.

For a frame of reference, I've driven on numerous occasions a friend of mine's 230hp XE powered Westfield which must be knocking on 450-500hp/ton. That genuinely is supercar quick (atleast until the barn-door aerodynamics limit it) and makes my 205 feel like driving a bus, and yet I'm under no illusions that a V8 Radical (as per this thread) would leave it for dust on track thanks to the aero generated grip.

You can't really compare cars on a trackday with two different drivers - any one that's been to the 'Ring and watched the locals in a crappy diesel shopping-spec hatches humble Porsche 911's and the like will know that all to well!
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
I overtook a 911 at the ring in my fully standard ph.2 gti6 before it died.
That only means I was driving quickly and he was out for a cruise, not that my car was faster than a 911.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad Fooby ruined my life! Mattcheese31 50 14,489 13-11-2014, 01:50 PM
Last Post: WiNgNuTz
  I've accidentally ruined a friends eBay auction... Pebbles167 24 6,344 22-08-2014, 09:19 PM
Last Post: calibra306
  Rallye - ruined ... such a shame. ginge191 15 2,922 12-01-2013, 06:02 PM
Last Post: Pete