Low Mileage Diablo 6
As above for anyone who's interested:

http://www.margerettingmotorcompany.co.u...8016263646
Thanks given by:
Thats very reasonably priced.
Thanks given by:
Believe that has already sold to a chap in Glasgow who is on GTI6.com
Thanks given by:
I thought it was very well priced too, maybe too cheap, shame its a Phase 2 though IMO

Ah nice one, will have a look over onto the forum now
Thanks given by:
(20-08-2014, 07:32 PM)Silky Wrote: Believe that has already sold to a chap in Glasgow who is on GTI6.com
That would be me!

Air con broke down on being recharged.
Paint lacquer peeling all over. Dent on a pillar. But otherwise it's really good as far as I can tell. Hammered it home 400 miles sitting at motorway speeds and averaged 35mpg.

Gearbox oil change coming up.

Then hopefully meeting a fellow owner soon to tell me what else I need to do to it as I'd not driven one for 20 years!! And my frame of reference has some what changed. Eg I can't get a comfy driving position with my wrists on the top of steering wheel due to no reach adjustment. I'm sure I haven't grown since 17 and used to fit cars lol
Thanks given by:
I can tell you what you need to do... THRASH IT.! Big Grin
Shame about the lacquer peel but i guess that's why it wasn't silly money. You planning on having the paint sorted or just leave it as is.?
Thanks given by:
(22-08-2014, 09:38 AM)PartyJas Wrote: I can tell you what you need to do... THRASH IT.! Big Grin
Shame about the lacquer peel but i guess that's why it wasn't silly money. You planning on having the paint sorted or just leave it as is.?
Back in the day I would have. But will give it a fighting chance. Get everything sorted and wait till all the oils warm up before booting.

Once I've sorted mechanically, got wheels etc and most importantly I've cleared some space in my garage I'm going to buy a spare bonnet, an air compressor and the right tools to have a go at learning how to do a decent respray, and refurb alloys. Not cost effective. But part of the reason for buying the car was to get my hands dirty again. It's been 20 years since I carried out my own oil change even!!
That's the plan at least. Work and life get in the way of fun.
Thanks given by:
Tell me about it. Its nice to work on cars when you want to though, not when you HAVE to. Ive had my Gti-6 for 12 years now and its sat in my garage waiting for me to fettle it. Its just got to that age and mileage where so many jobs need doing i figured it would be better to buy another daily (306 D turbo... obviously) while i sorted it properly. Be nice to properly get stuck into a project again. In two minds whether to go the track car route or just to a good standard spec.
Thanks given by:
Can't get on 306gti to check the link that Luke posted to the correct xsara mist jets as I've just fitted the ones I bought and they as expected are the wrong ones.

Just before I pull the trigger again ... Are these the correct ones for a phase 2 GTi
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vie...52&alt=web
Thanks given by:
steering column does adjust up and down mate if that's what you mean . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(24-08-2014, 12:04 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: steering column does adjust up and down mate if that's what you mean . .Smile
Thanks, but it's the reach adjustment i would like
Thanks given by:
Found RetroPug's recommendation here (same as what i had saved on my watch list above) so hopefully that's that sorted. Pick up the crush washer and sump screw tomorrow. Hope it's the right one. I'm using the method that was posted on 306gti where you remove the battery and fill from the top and only remove one sump screw. I'll have to go by memory since the site is down!
Thanks given by:
Radiator bits arrived.

And of course several mint radiators appear in the for sales... .. even on Gumtree a few miles from me

Must remember to get coolant!!
Thanks given by:
(24-08-2014, 08:56 PM)MisterGTR Wrote: Found RetroPug's recommendation here (same as what i had saved on my watch list above) so hopefully that's that sorted. Pick up the crush washer and sump screw tomorrow. Hope it's the right one. I'm using the method that was posted on 306gti where you remove the battery and fill from the top and only remove one sump screw. I'll have to go by memory since the site is down!

Remove the battery to fill the gearbox oil?
Nope, don't need to, don't even need to remove the wheel nor arch liner if you are feeling particularly lazy. It is even easier than an engine oil change! Smile

If you have a funnel you can get it into the filler cap without removing anything.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(29-08-2014, 07:45 AM)RetroPug Wrote:
(24-08-2014, 08:56 PM)MisterGTR Wrote: Found RetroPug's recommendation here (same as what i had saved on my watch list above) so hopefully that's that sorted. Pick up the crush washer and sump screw tomorrow. Hope it's the right one. I'm using the method that was posted on 306gti where you remove the battery and fill from the top and only remove one sump screw. I'll have to go by memory since the site is down!

Remove the battery to fill the gearbox oil?
Nope, don't need to, don't even need to remove the wheel nor arch liner if you are feeling particularly lazy. It is even easier than an engine oil change! Smile

If you have a funel you can get it into the filler cap without removing anything.
You know me well. Easy is the way forward. Thanks for the heads up.
Thanks given by: