Perished Wishbone Bushes........Symptoms?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perished Wishbone Bushes........Symptoms?
Changing the p bushes are easy... wishbone off, cut the rubber to get the metal part off, then cut some of the remaining rubber off to get to the metal sleeve, then take a hacksaw to the sleeve, once you're almost through, smash it off with a hammer and chisel (or any chisel substitute) clean up the surface of the wishbone, smidge of grease then tap the new pbush onto the wishbone with a hammer
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Connor Wrote:Changing the p bushes are easy... wishbone off, cut the rubber to get the metal part off, then cut some of the remaining rubber off to get to the metal sleeve, then take a hacksaw to the sleeve, once you're almost through, smash it off with a hammer and chisel (or any chisel substitute) clean up the surface of the wishbone, smidge of grease then tap the new pbush onto the wishbone with a hammer
yes that's it . . . . . . . . lmao
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
What's so hard about that?
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
Thanks given by:
Connor Wrote:What's so hard about that?
Conner do you know Tom in the slightest at all? . . . . .

and it's not that easy mate in truth it can be a proper bitch imo . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Im sure tom can use a hammer and hacksaw lol
Thanks given by:
Connor Wrote:Im sure tom can use a hammer and hacksaw lol
mine were real old mate and that metal sleeve was real difficult to get off, how the fcuk you gonna hacksaw that? . .Smile
Thanks given by:
You cut a slit down the length of it, and when you're just about through, split the slit with a chisel
Thanks given by:
Connor Wrote:You cut a slit down the length of it, and when you're just about through, split the slit with a chisel
i heated it up then chiselled it off . .. . . .wasn't easy . . . . .Smile
Thanks given by:
Then you should have used a hacksaw, much easier lol
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the support Mr cheese! lol

Anyway, there's no longer a wobble! Big Grin. Couldn't find much play and wasn't sure how much was normal but persuaded him to have them done anyway. Took us a couple of hours all in and wasn't too hard afterall (whole wishbone changed). Doesn't even need tracking done again as I thought it would so surprisingly I fixed something without failing for once. lmao
Thanks given by:
Toms306 Wrote:Thanks for the support Mr cheese! lol

Anyway, there's no longer a wobble! Big Grin. Couldn't find much play and wasn't sure how much was normal but persuaded him to have them done anyway. Took us a couple of hours all in and wasn't too hard afterall (whole wishbone changed). Doesn't even need tracking done again as I thought it would so surprisingly I fixed something without failing for once. lmao
wasn't having a go Tom . . . . .i just found it a bit of a coont and i had full garage equipment on hand . .Smile . . . .changing the wishbone is a piss though eh?
Thanks given by:
i ground my p bushes off, then got stuck on the round wones, then went back to gsf and bought complete 'bones lol
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
The front ones are a bitch to get out, had to get them out though to fit my powerflex bushes lol
Thanks given by:
how did you manage it? i want poweflex on mine at some point, so am gunna have to face it...
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Alot of swearing, smashing my hand with a hammer and more swearing lol
Thanks given by:
Mattcheese31 Wrote:
Toms306 Wrote:Thanks for the support Mr cheese! lol

wasn't having a go Tom . . . . .i just found it a bit of a coont and i had full garage equipment on hand . .Smile . . . .changing the wishbone is a piss though eh?

Nah its alright, I knew what you meant lol. Smile And yep, wishbone was nice and easy. Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Mine are easy to get out, one 19mm and I just unscrew them Wink
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
Powerflex do P bushes now too and they are made with slight offset hole for wishbone to eliminate problems when lowered Smile and also as always lifetime guarantee. I had similar problem and it was both hubs fubarred changed ball joints and still sloppy turned out hubs were elongated (spelling :/)

CJ
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
For the front onesd, burn out the old rubber with a blow torch, the central sleeve will melt itself out as you do this. Then get a hacksaw and carefully cut the outer sleeve as deep as you dare, will need to assemble hacksaw with blade inside arm obviously and also cut at an angle otherwise you won't get more than an inch or so cutting movement. Hammer and chisel to open the partial cut and fold the sleeve in on itself, then should come out pretty easy with a couple of whacks on the inside edge.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Connor and I changed both p bushes and wheelbearing on my car last sat...easy-peasy

Take out the arm, cut the rubber bush out and then hacksaw the remaining shaft off the arm (don't cut in to the arm), then bang on the new bush using an old bush to hit it on square..the beatch was getting the bolts through the bush/anti roll bar again!

They cost me £9 each side from GSF

Edit - read tractors first post, that's what we did!

Connor - your guide would come in handy now Wink
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Powerflex Front Wishbone Bushes gti6man 2 2,071 16-11-2017, 09:36 PM
Last Post: miles
  Wishbone bushes mattbarker32 0 910 04-08-2016, 12:29 PM
Last Post: mattbarker32
  Rear beam symptoms aaron_one 5 940 27-09-2015, 08:12 PM
Last Post: welshpug