newbie rear axel question

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
newbie rear axel question
Hi Guys,
just a quick one, im struggling in getting hold of a rear axel for a 306 1.9d estate, its the drum brakes ABS model, I would really like to get it repaired and avoid scrapping the car as it has sentimental reasons, can you point me in the right direction?

how much should i pay for the part?

thanks again
Thanks given by:
Replacement beams from scrap yards are cheap enough, £40 should be enough.
The problem with this is that any beam from a second hand 306 these days is just as likely to have issues as yours is.
Best bet is to either buy one from a breaker and re-build it yourself or pay somebody else to do it.
There are also a lot of beams popping up in the for sale section on here if you keep your eyes open and everybody selling on here are honest and the beam may be good when sold but who knows how long it will last.
Try and find a decent one second hand and replace all the bearings and seals and it should see out your ownership of the car.
HTH Cheers.
Danny.
Thanks given by:
is it not possible to replace the rear trailing arms? im on a tight budget, the cheapest rear beam so far is £200

thanks
Thanks given by:
sod paying £200 for an unknown beam, you can get all the bits you need to rebuild one for around £150.

getting another beam shouldn't be too hard, but tbh if you can afford to have the car off the road a short while you're best off removing yours and sorting that out, given your trailing arms and brake setup isn't that common.

unless impact damaged, its not necessary to replace the trailing arms, though the shafts pressed into them that the bearings in the tube run on do wear, as do the tubes if they are left to wear too far.
Thanks given by:
thanks for getting back so soon, so there isnt any way round it other than replace or rebuild?
Thanks given by:
Not really. You can remove yours then rebuild. But you cant tell if the cross tube will be knackered untill its off meaning the car will then be off the road while you source another beam. Best get secondhand one rebuild then put it on.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
The best place to go is IM Axel, they sell re-conditioned Peugeot rear axels.

for the 306 it's usually £250 delivered, thats fully re-conditioned and ready to go.
Phone up and order and it's cheaper than the prices you see online.
Thanks given by: