Minimum of 100 posts !!?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minimum of 100 posts !!?
Just like to know when this came about please guys? Why has it been upped to 100? Can't see the point of it to be honest, seems a bit daft! I had a post up, to which I've been answered, and now I can't reply to the person who's answered. I've also helped a fellow forum user to get a steering wheel he was having trouble finding via the wanted section, so now this will stop low post users like myself helping other members/users - I just can't see the point of this at all.
Thanks given by:
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-13874.html
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
seems fine to me.. lets just hope it doesnt increase the mindless spam for another 80 posts
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Totally think 100 posts is definitely the way to go, seriously pisses me off when people sign up, dump a load of overpriced components into the for sale section.
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yup, great idea. Other forums use it & it works well.
Thanks given by:
+1 for good work admin Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Thanks guys Smile
As Connor has kindly posted, all the information is in that link but basically it's another way of protecting people from being conned out of their hard earned cash Smile
If your going to continue using the forum, it won't take you long to reach 100 posts at all
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
What about pm'ing? I had some one pm me yesterday with a 0 post count? Undecided

Thanks given by:
Yeah that was a glitch with the part of the website which promotes people into their new user group. All sorted now Smile
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
I guess if I need to buy something bad enough I'll have to ask someone else to pm them for me :p but yeah it is a good idea
Thanks given by:
Seems a bit excessive to me. It's so annoying when you get a new car/work on someone elses, sign up to a forum quickly and need to buy a part or ask specific advice via PM and cant do so without a load of posts. Been in that situation myself several times!

I can see why it's been done, but I haven't seen many (if any!?) one post wonders lately...all seems to be un-intelligible foreigners signing up to try and sell cheap Nike trainers and the like!
Thanks given by:
The reason you haven't seen many Tom is because the mod team are always getting rid of them.
If you think it's a bit excessive, check out most over car forums. It wasn't just a figure we plucked out of thin air. It was based on what's proven and works for other forums without charging for access.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
To be fair guys if anyone needs to buy or sell a part quickly and has no need to be part of a community, and doesn't want to contribute, there's eBay for that.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
(18-08-2014, 08:47 AM)THE_Liam Wrote: To be fair guys if anyone needs to buy or sell a part quickly and has no need to be part of a community, and doesn't want to contribute, there's eBay for that.

Food for thought. Why not add an option for a paid membership if people are that desperate to buy/sell?
Thanks given by:
(18-08-2014, 09:15 AM)JJ0063 Wrote:
(18-08-2014, 08:47 AM)THE_Liam Wrote: To be fair guys if anyone needs to buy or sell a part quickly and has no need to be part of a community, and doesn't want to contribute, there's eBay for that.

Food for thought. Why not add an option for a paid membership if people are that desperate to buy/sell?

Two reasons. Firstly, we have always said there will never be a paid membership scheme on this site. Secondly, by doing so we would have to take some form of responsibility to protect people from being scammed which we just can not do (although we will make best efforts to stop this happening)
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(18-08-2014, 09:20 AM)Niall Wrote:
(18-08-2014, 09:15 AM)JJ0063 Wrote:

Two reasons. Firstly, we have always said there will never be a paid membership scheme on this site. Secondly, by doing so we would have to take some form of responsibility to protect people from being scammed which we just can not do (although we will make best efforts to stop this happening)

Fair play..
Thanks given by:

Not all parts are available on ebay, especially if you want a good used part. And I said about asking specific advice as well... For example if someone buys an HDi and it breaks down on the way home, they may want to PM one of the HDi guys (well, Poodle) for urgent help...a thread in the HDi section could get missed for hours/days, and if it was posted in the lounge it'd get moved anyway...say it turns out they need a lift pump but cant afford a new one, a long running member may have a known good one to sell...but they can't unless they put their email/paypal and address publicly.

Chances are they'd become part of the community after buying the item and receiving instant useful help, I've joined up to several forums...and not being able to PM people fairly quickly does cause issues and I don't tend to stay on those forums tbh.

I've noticed it's also a month as well as the 100 posts....can anyone really say they didn't have to PM another member for whatever reason within a month of joining up?

I'll leave it though, as said it just seems excessive, and I probably wouldn't stay if I joined up today but that may just be me.
Thanks given by:
(18-08-2014, 09:51 AM)Toms306 Wrote:

I've noticed it's also a month as well as the 100 posts....can anyone really say they didn't have to PM another member for whatever reason within a month of joining up?

I actually lost a sale for my old 106 on this forum when I first joined since someone messaged me asking details and I wasn't able to pm him back haha! It went after I got the 30 posts since I put it on the for sale thread, so let's hope it's not something I have to do again before I get these other 40 posts needed for me to pm/post
Thanks given by:
Jesus, people moan when spammers arrive, people get scammed etc but then moan when preventative measures get put in place.

Can't a mod just lock this?
Thanks given by:
Right guys this isn't just a number we have plucked out of thin air. Don't forget, you lot don't see a lot of the people who abuse this site for sales because the mods intervene but we can't always be on here to do that. 100 posts really isn't that many and the forum is not here purely for sales. It's a community.
If I opened it up for people to be able to sell immediately and people start loosing money to scammers then these people would moan as to why we haven't done anything to stop it. We don't have to do anything to protect you against scammers but we do to try and restore some faith in online sales.

(18-08-2014, 10:09 AM)JJ0063 Wrote: Jesus, people moan when spammers arrive, people get scammed etc but then moan when preventative measures get put in place.

Can't a mod just lock this?

This. We will never please everyone unfortunately!

If anyone does have a particular problem with this, PM me. Those of you that were able to sell but now can't (so floating between 20 and 100 posts) PM me and case dependant I will manually upgrade your account.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Under 100 posts :( connorp 36 5,448 08-05-2015, 02:21 PM
Last Post: connorp
  Where have all the posts gone. bashbarnard 16 2,779 24-04-2015, 05:17 PM
Last Post: Toms306
  10,000 POSTS BITCHES!!!!! Dum-Dum 14 7,015 27-02-2014, 03:25 PM
Last Post: liam