Intresting bloke at work today

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intresting bloke at work today
Had a customer come in who used to work for citroen and was trained with my boss and while doing the mot he was speaking about how he used to tune xud back in the day. Said he could get them to go a little quicker but not a lot. Advancing timing adding a bit of fuel adjusting the boost. Funny how far thinga have come with xud tuning in the space of a decade or so. Wonder whats going to come of dv6s and things in a few years.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Tbh I reckon DV6s wont last anywhere near as long, far too delicate!
Thanks given by:
More to do with cost of repairs and lack of balls ?
Thanks given by:
we were talking about this a few years ago at a north east meet, we said a stage one tune was the top whack, and anything over that it wasn't even heard of, now I think its more common to have a car well over a stage 2 tune.
Thanks given by:
Its true how things have progressed. I think cost comes into it alot. No one wants to f*ck up a 6/7grand car without proven mods
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
(15-08-2014, 03:53 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: Its true how things have progressed. I think cost comes into it alot. No one wants to f*ck up a 6/7grand car without proven mods

plus it may work out cheaper modding an older car than buying a new car with the same bhp.
my rover turned out to be the same if it was a 1.4 or modded.
Thanks given by:
It's also because everything is so cheap.

People think nothing of stripping a pump down and fiddling around to try and get more fuel flowing, because worse case sceanrio you muck it up and slap a new one in for a few notes.

There's a ton of cheap turbo's knocking around as well, so you can pretty much stick on whatever you want.
Thanks given by:
True. Infact im after another pump to play with thats just been sitting. As said its only a few quid and it doesnt matter

Saying that dv6s are becoming cheap. Considering getting a newer motor to play with too. See what they can really do. Just buy the write offs from snapped belts and things
Thanks given by:
(15-08-2014, 03:53 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: Its true how things have progressed. I think cost comes into it alot. No one wants to f*ck up a 6/7grand car without proven mods

Also, the kind of people who buy 7k diesel family cars don't typically tune them, they run them as economical family cars.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  what did you do at work today? toseland 61 5,561 05-12-2014, 09:20 PM
Last Post: WiNgNuTz