The Naked Rallye with Blue Steels

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Naked Rallye with Blue Steels
(11-11-2014, 08:33 PM)ash23 Wrote: yep that's it i was on my way to bingham at the time only noticed it was you from the front all red rallye sitcker

Ah yeah defo me then. Take it you were in the 207? I certainly would've noticed the phase 1 estate!!

(11-11-2014, 08:36 PM)ozonehostile Wrote:
(11-11-2014, 08:47 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: Dont rule out the lambda tom, mine had no fault codes etc but changed for a genuine bosch lambda and my god it transformed the car!

This, we fitted the new scorpion pipe and lamda, first start all the previous issues were gone.

I never thought it was so important either until the rallye haha

Hmmm, might get a new lambda regardless then. How much that set me back? There's a 2nd hand 1 of gti6.com for £10er ?
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
Don't bother with second hand. You can either pay Peugeot £170 for the privilege or you can have a Genuine one but in a Bosch box for about £60
the Bosch part number is 0258003717
And for god sakes, do not get one that is a generic one especially for a GTi6. A lot of cars of this age, you could chop and change them as the voltages put out were the same but the MM 1AP ecu range uses a lambda with a different voltage range so put the wrong lambda on it and it will not fuel correctly
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by: Ben_w
(11-11-2014, 08:33 PM)ash23 Wrote: yep that's it i was on my way to bingham at the time only noticed it was you from the front all red rallye sitcker

Saw you today at Sherwood Pines! Stared at you across the car park gutted cos I wasn't in the rallye haha.

Sorry for the spam orta didn't want to start a new thread Smile
Black 306 Rallye
Topaz Blue E39 530i Sport
Nordic Green 406 1.9TD
Thanks given by:
Ha! Not sure where sherwood pines is tho mate? Rallye is sorned now off the road until next year so I'm rolling the auris now :-(

Car in @ garage yesterday but didn't get it there until late so it's still there hoping to hear back today...
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
It was the lambda sensor!!! Least we know now, shame I didnt get it fixed before sorning it. Can't drive it til next year!!

Just bought a bosch one so hope that's the right product number Niall!!!
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
Glad you've diagnosed it mate!

I was a bit pissed when I wrote that - it was aimed at ash23 haha. Should probably put it in his thread now i'm sober lol!!
Black 306 Rallye
Topaz Blue E39 530i Sport
Nordic Green 406 1.9TD
Thanks given by:
(11-11-2014, 08:47 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: Dont rule out the lambda tom, mine had no fault codes etc but changed for a genuine bosch lambda and my god it transformed the car!

This, we fitted the new scorpion pipe and lamda, first start all the previous issues were gone.

Yeah my rallye would barely run at all with its lambda connected as it was that bad, it really is mental how sensitive they are to them.
Thanks given by:
(16-11-2014, 02:32 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:

Yeah my rallye would barely run at all with its lambda connected as it was that bad, it really is mental how sensitive they are to them.

Well least it'll sort. Just glad it wasn't anything more expensive. Did find a leak in the PAS system whilst it was there 2 so defo not a wasted visit. Will update thread when it's done and then finally I can start dropping some money on shinnies :-)
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
Yeah that'll be good. What's the plan shiny wise?
Thanks given by:
(16-11-2014, 02:59 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Yeah that'll be good. What's the plan shiny wise?

Got the bilsteins and springs for the front but want some updated shocks for the rear then I'm replacing everything else suspension wise with brand new components (oe when updated isn't available).

Got the upper strut brace but want a phillipm lower brace if I can contact him or source a used one as the Omp one doesn't fit!

Then a hybrid arb (again if I can source on second hand).

Then anything else that may come up 2nd hand that's too good/cheap to pass up! Wanna get the engine bay sorted/cleaned so painting the usual inlet manifold and cam covers is in the cards as will be glossing most of the blCk plastics.

Then there's the cleaning up underneath! Got sum axle stands so can get to work with the toothbrush and clean up as much under there as I can. I've got til may so plenty of time!!
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
Sup Orta, Looks like a really clean Rallye you got there, especially with 120k. Its amazing how mint the exterior paint work stays on 306's till you look underneath lol.

What kind of dog have you got?

Will be interesting to see what results you get on your next dyno.
Thanks given by:
(16-11-2014, 08:01 PM)blaze_the_6 Wrote: Sup Orta, Looks like a really clean Rallye you got there, especially with 120k. Its amazing how mint the exterior paint work stays on 306's till you look underneath lol.

What kind of dog have you got?

Will be interesting to see what results you get on your next dyno.

Thanks mate. It looks cleaner in the pics that it does in the flesh. Job for next winter is bodywork ;-)

Got a black lab puppy! Only 8 months old, and is a handful! He loved the Rallye tho coz it's not got rear headrests so can watch us in the front.
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
Lol everyone thinks my dog is a lab pup and I fell in to the trap haha my dog is a terrier. my breed of terrier looks identical to a lab pup.

Lol your car sounds as photogenic as mine.

Even with the pics, you can tell that you found a nice straight motor. Good find!

I will be stalking this thread to see how you go about refreshing the body work as i need inspiration Tongue

Im also curious to see how much horses your car makes at 120k seeeing as you sorted the running issues. From what I have read, these motors seem to last as long as diesels, hitting 200k+ with no power loss (if looked after) which to me, is pretty mental.
Thanks given by:
(16-11-2014, 08:52 PM)blaze_the_6 Wrote: Lol everyone thinks my dog is a lab pup and I fell in to the trap haha my dog is a terrier. my breed of terrier looks identical to a lab pup.

Lol your car sounds as photogenic as mine.

Even with the pics, you can tell that you found a nice straight motor. Good find!

I will be stalking this thread to see how you go about refreshing the body work as i need inspiration Tongue

Im also curious to see how much horses your car makes at 120k seeeing as you sorted the running issues. From what I have read, these motors seem to last as long as diesels, hitting 200k+ with no power loss (if looked after) which to me, is pretty mental.

It's got a 50k xsara vts (almost same engine) in it mate so only shell has done 120k. Previous engine was a snapper!! My old w plate gti made 169bhp on 110k with only an exhaust and filter. Good car that
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
Mine and zakks are both on higher mileage (130ish and 170ish respectively) and are both healthy Big Grin

Really glad to see it was just the lambda! this is going to feel like a rocket the next time you drive it lol
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Ahh, you got a vts engine like me. My shell has done 140k and the vts engine has done 70k.

How much did an engine with 50k cost if you don't mind me asking. Since buying my engine, they seem to have shot up in value.
Thanks given by:
(17-11-2014, 08:29 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: Mine and zakks are both on higher mileage (130ish and 170ish respectively) and are both healthy Big Grin

Really glad to see it was just the lambda! this is going to feel like a rocket the next time you drive it lol

Looking forward to it!! Just a shame it won't be until next year :-( but she'll be back and better than ever to hit the shows next summer.

(17-11-2014, 08:42 AM)blaze_the_6 Wrote: Ahh, you got a vts engine like me. My shell has done 140k and the vts engine has done 70k.

How much did an engine with 50k cost if you don't mind me asking. Since buying my engine, they seem to have shot up in value.

Not sure buddy was prev owner who bought and fitted it. I do have the receipt for it but can't remember the price and receipt is in the car so can't check!!
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
Strut brace painted and ready to fit....

New emblem too. Plus I've glossed the fuel cap, scuttle panel, mirrors and rear spoiler! Been busy with the old rattle cans haha. Done the brake calipers in black too as I didnt like the bodge red job on them before.

Removed the roof lining as well ready to dye it black. As well as used the opportunity to paint the grab handles and courtesy light surround black too.
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
Been a little bit short on progress with the Rallye as with it being sorned at my parents it's hard to find time to make the 1 1/2 hr trip to theirs.

Spacers and tapered nuts are in the post ready for the car going into the garage in March where it'll get the B8s and AVO 50mm springs fitted, the torsion bar lowered, general service, the tyres off my 'clones and onto the steels and the steels fitted. Granted I could do the wheels myself but as it's there and I'm getting mate's rates I thought I'd just let them do it as this way my dad have the car picked up by them (Flatbed as car has no tax or insurance) and then sort it out without me having to go up there especially.

Progress over the last couple of days has been irritating. Finally got the roof sprayed black (Used some cheapo Halfords black matt paint and whilst it has ruined the feel of the roof as I was pre-warned it doesn't really bother me because who sits there stroking their roof? The damn thing is black now and that's all the matters.
[Image: image3.jpg]

No pics of it back on as it's too dark in the car for the pictures to really look good. Was an absolute pain to get off, and a pain to put back on. And it was a pain especially to refit the front courtesy light/remote locking unit as I'd forgotten how I'd taken it off. The major hurdle was the drying of the car. The spray glue I'd got said "Best results between 15-25 degrees" well as I'm not waiting until June to reglue it we cracked out the electric heater we usually heat the garage with. This cleared up all the moisture in the car (Lots of condensation on the roof) as well as changed the ambient temperature of the car interior to ideal temperature.
Also didn't realize until after the glue had dried on the roof that I've sat it ever so slightly to far forward which meant the a-pillars were a beast to refit and the grab handles are perfectly back where they should be, but a few extra turns of the screws and they look as good as new haha. Left refitting the B-Pillars for another day as they're a bit more complicated and I can't remember how they came off. And also on next month's list is the fitting of the black cabriolet sunvisors I got from a scappies near me for £15. There's a tear in one side but it's the passenger one and is only visible when it's flapped down.

So interior wise I'm 100% done apart from sourcing some OEM Rubber Peugeot mats, oh and snapping up a OEM tape deck if one comes up in better condition than my current one.

Exterior wise

[Image: image2.jpg]

[Image: image8.jpg]

Can you spot the difference?

Basically sourced some phase 3 rub strips and swapped them over. Granted it doesn't transform the car the way it would a non-black example but I think the lines are now much neater (Excuse the dirty car) and they are gloss black like everything else so definitely worth the £20 I paid even if they're not perfect and I broke every damn clip taking the old ones off. And make two light scratches on the paintwork (Fortunately hidden under the strips!)

Exterior wise once it's been through the garage and the wheels and stance are sorted the only other thing on the shopping list are some fresh "clean" (No border or markings etc.) license plates, some xsara jets, and maybe paint the towing eye or replace it with racing style one. Unless anyone else has some recommendations?
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
the phase 3 ones look more neater, the originals should be for Phase1s.
Thanks given by:
Ph3 looks alot better.

What did you use to bond them on with??
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(21-01-2015, 10:36 PM)7057sam Wrote: Ph3 looks alot better.

What did you use to bond them on with??

Yeah even on black I think it makes a difference. Especially when I actually clean the car haha. I used a fresh set of clips, every single one was in the correct place so no issues, baring the fronts of the door sections where I made my own clip from metal and melted it to the strip and then pressed it home. Wasn't a perfect snug fit so I used some of the spray glue I bought to do the roof under it and wedged it together with the door slightly open (so the part is between the frame and the door) and job done ;-) now whether they'll stay on after doing 70 down a motorway is a different question!!
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
Nice one wish all jobs where that simple Smile

When's it going back on the road,toying with the idea of putting mine back on at the next of February.
Thanks given by:
(21-01-2015, 11:10 PM)7057sam Wrote: Nice one wish all jobs where that simple Smile

When's it going back on the road,toying with the idea of putting mine back on at the next of February.

Nothing worthwhile is easy I guess! 

Next feb?! Or u mean next month? 

Mines back for the last weekend in April for the event at Combe that weekend and I think that weekend is also winning for the Pugrun as well so a nice way to usher it back in. Provided it passes it's mot the week before!! 
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
(22-01-2015, 03:00 PM)Orta Wrote:
(21-01-2015, 11:10 PM)7057sam Wrote: Nice one wish all jobs where that simple Smile

Nothing worthwhile is easy I guess! 

Next feb?! Or u mean next month? 

Mines back for the last weekend in April for the event at Combe that weekend and I think that weekend is also winning for the Pugrun as well so a nice way to usher it back in. Provided it passes it's mot the week before!! 

No as in next month Big Grin

It's been off the road since October just waiting for speedline to finish my wheels then can come out to play lol 

Yeah did all the combe action days and at Fcs last year,long may that continue Smile
Thanks given by:
Black roof... and now... black cabriolet sunvisors

[Image: IMG_3743.jpg]

upload images free
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
Looks good,never knew about the cab visors definitely going to get myself a set.
Thanks given by:
Haven't updated for a while, because well nothing's been happening really.

But finally got my B8s and Avo springs fitted and the torsion lowered to match. Haven't gotten any proper pics because I can't move it off the drive due to no tax! Got my tyres off the cyclones as well and onto my black steels. Whilst I realize I need some tyre shine before any "glory" shots I think it really adds to the "dark" look to the car.

And apologies for dirty car. It will be clean for the Combe/Pugrun weekend!!

[Image: IMG_3898.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3899.jpg]
[Image: IMG_3900.jpg]
[Image: IMG_3901.jpg]

upload image online free
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
Can't comment on the Avo springs but you'll love the B8s. I sold my B8/eibach setup for D2s. Worst mistake I ever made!!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
And she's now taxed!!
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by: