The Naked Rallye with Blue Steels

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Naked Rallye with Blue Steels
Cheers for coming yesterday Tom was nice to see you and to have a fellow black rallye there Big Grin

Shame about the figures but i think there must be some sensor issues, as said before the lambda makes the biggest of differences on these as far as i have found so far!

Rallye was looking spot on as always though, Are you local to anyone on the forum that could check the timing for you and maybe pop the car on peugeot planet?
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
[Image: IMG_1599_zps5e9b7dea.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
It was all going so well...

Will update thread when I've got to the route cause!!
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
Such a shame. Sure you will sort it mind!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Driving the rallye everyday atm... Loving it btw. Got 35mpg out of last tank (see spritmonitor indicator in signature) and that included nailing it on motorways down to Hereford and the rolling road session so chuffed with that. Next tank will see some regular driving so I'm hoping for 37/8. Over my ownership my old gti managed 36mpg so hoping my "lightweight" Rallye can beat it haha.

Also just rolled over 120k... (Mrs leaning over to take pic!! Awkward!!)
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
Lovely looking example! Hopefully you'll get to the route of the power problem though Smile plus your doing well to get that sort of mpg!
Thanks given by:
Added Speed holes today. And got it booked in @ my local garage to have a goose at cam timing and Lambda. Undecided

New Windscreen as well today. All is good :-)
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
i like speed holes! the entire underside of my rallye is full of them
Thanks given by:
Yes you can finally re-fit the scuttle trim that its been missing every time i have seen it? lol

I quite like the speed holes but personally i would of made them slightly larger as the 306 has quite a good size grille.

Looking good though tom Big Grin
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
:lol what's up with the front badge?

Good to see its getting looked over Smile
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(29-10-2014, 05:37 PM)af1 Wrote: i like speed holes! the entire underside of my rallye is full of them

Haha mine too. I really need to get welding...

(30-10-2014, 08:39 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: Yes you can finally re-fit the scuttle trim that its been missing every time i have seen it? lol

I quite like the speed holes but personally i would of made them slightly larger as the 306 has quite a good size grille.

Looking good though tom Big Grin

Yes the scuttle panel has been fitted! (Should've taken pics haha) it's the best thing visually I've done to the car so far!!

I was uming and arring about the hole size. Went small coz u can always make em bigger but can't make em smaller! Might bust the manual drill out again to gingerly enlarge em ;-)

(30-10-2014, 09:13 AM)7057sam Wrote: :lol what's up with the front badge?

Good to see its getting looked over Smile

It's got a laggy band on coz Id reglued the outer trim as it was starting to work loose. Come to think of it it's still on as I've forgotten to take it off!

And yeah it's upside down, it's kinda a joke as everyone colours / smooths off / has an opinion on the emblem so I just think it's funny!!
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
One beautiful scuttle panel.
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
ninja finally!
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Just bought these bad boys too as a (very) early Xmas presents to myself with all my overtime money...

[Image: image.jpg]
upload img
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
ooh Shinies Big Grin

Has it had its checkup at the garage?
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
(31-10-2014, 01:20 PM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: ooh Shinies Big Grin

Has it had its checkup at the garage?

Next week when it's off road. Still using everyday until the windscreen claim has gone thru so I can change insurance back to Toyota (which is looking sad not being used in the garage).
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
You worked out why your horses are missing yet?
Thanks given by:
(31-10-2014, 05:12 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: You worked out why your horses are missing yet?

Booked in next week! Don't want to tinker with it whilst it's daily!! Once I'm back in Toyota it can get pulled apart :-)
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
dammit i was being tempted by those blisteins haha! cars looking tidy be even better with the missing power returned Smile
Thanks given by:
Car in on Friday now. Had 2 cry off originally booked time. Anyway the cars latest job is car ferry
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
Anymore insight into the power (or lack of) problems dude?
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(10-11-2014, 03:40 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: Anymore insight into the power (or lack of) problems dude?

Friday! Been reading about lambda sensor issues tho and it says stuff about poor mpg and smelling of fuel etc. neither of which this does. + on an old runway near me (no jokes I live in the flattest county in the country) it did 140mph... So not really sure what it's gonna be. But it's with my mates garage Friday to have a full work over.
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
(10-11-2014, 05:38 PM)Orta Wrote:
(10-11-2014, 03:40 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: Anymore insight into the power (or lack of) problems dude?

Friday! Been reading about lambda sensor issues tho and it says stuff about poor mpg and smelling of fuel etc. neither of which this does. + on an old runway near me (no jokes I live in the flattest county in the country) it did 140mph... So not really sure what it's gonna be. But it's with my mates garage Friday to have a full work over.

It does seem to be a strange one, seems to drive fine when we were in convoy in redditch the other month and you feel no difference driving it

I suspect it will be something like cam timing or something, in time but not quite perfect sorts thing?

Unless you've already checked that?

Wrong sparkplugs perhaps? My 6 was fitted with the wrong plugs when I bought it and it honestly felt so much better with the correct type, although that could be because they were new... Maybe a bit of both
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(10-11-2014, 06:56 PM)ozonehostile Wrote:
(10-11-2014, 05:38 PM)Orta Wrote:

It does seem to be a strange one, seems to drive fine when we were in convoy in redditch the other month and you feel no difference driving it

I suspect it will be something like cam timing or something, in time but not quite perfect sorts thing?

Unless you've already checked that?

Wrong sparkplugs perhaps? My 6 was fitted with the wrong plugs when I bought it and it honestly felt so much better with the correct type, although that could be because they were new... Maybe a bit of both

Cam timing also getting checked. Cheers mate, Will try spark plugs after that. What type should it have?
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
Standard plugs are ngk bkr6ek, twin electrode
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Dont rule out the lambda tom, mine had no fault codes etc but changed for a genuine bosch lambda and my god it transformed the car!
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
looking good mate.

im sure i saw you by the a1 heading in Mansfield direction lst week?
Thanks given by:
(11-11-2014, 02:42 PM)ash23 Wrote: looking good mate.

im sure i saw you by the a1 heading in Mansfield direction lst week?

Maybe. I take the a6097 (which leads to Mansfield) across from Bingham until where it joins the a14 in nottingham every day. Was it around there? If not if may have been the black Rallye that lives in Chesterfield.
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
yep that's it i was on my way to bingham at the time only noticed it was you from the front all red rallye sitcker
Thanks given by:
(11-11-2014, 08:47 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: Dont rule out the lambda tom, mine had no fault codes etc but changed for a genuine bosch lambda and my god it transformed the car!

This, we fitted the new scorpion pipe and lamda, first start all the previous issues were gone.

I never thought it was so important either until the rallye haha
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by: