The Naked Rallye with Blue Steels

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Naked Rallye with Blue Steels
So the front and back don't look level? This is what I'm trying to establish!
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
I would say the front was about 20mm lower. I would raise the front rather than lower the rear.
Thanks given by:
I'm in that mind as my lower brace is scraping on even small bumps haha

Problem is that's easier said than done coz it's on springs not coils
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
thats easy, get some normal eibach 35mm drop springs not the stanceboy 70mm things.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
(18-05-2017, 10:03 AM)welshpug Wrote: thats easy, get some normal eibach 35mm drop springs not the stanceboy 70mm things.

Mate, i respect that you know your stuff, and I've followed your zx thread for a good while but if you are just gonna troll anyone who doesn't drop it 30mm on a refurbed set of clones (been there and done that)then please stop posting in my thread.  Itwasntme
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
I'm not trolling and couldn't care less what wheels you have.

I know that these cars dont work well at 70mm drop especially on just B8's. you need a lot more spring rate to tun that low without running out of travel fast.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
I dont really care what you do if that matters, not a fan of the blue wheels sorry dude. As long as youre not on 60 saxos it doesnt bother me as its not dangerous. If you ever want to raise it up my workshop is open to you when we do cars on the green [emoji3]

As for the low or no low. Can it please guys weve heard it all before everyones diffrent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Cars on the Green 2017 was good fun. I'd attended the event and met with everyone last year but had gone in the daily and parked with joe public as we'd been too late to get a stand.

This time around, and thanks to Bash and Ladybash for sorting this, we'd gotten a stand and despite a no show (Dum Dum Rofl ) it was again a good time.

[Image: tGf0Etm.jpg]

So 5 306s and a 205, so more Peugeot metal than the average 306oc turn out haha. Bash even had working air conditioning, which we were all incredibly jealous of because of the 30+ degree temperatures.

It was HOT, SUNNY and pretty much unbearable tbh. We had a good walk around the cars, which is always good at a multi-marque event because you get to see a little bit of everything. From the stance and air dub crew to a lot of classic American style.

Was good to catch up with the East Anglia contingent and the ground was laid for a future trip to the Nurburgring...

I'd been wanting to change the look of the car up for the 2017 show season as the "red stripes" thing had kinda gotten old. First step was to remove the decals, not a prospect that worries me as I've got a full set of correct colour Rallye decals in the garage to be applied at some stage.

Second step was to consider colouring my steels. They'd rusted in a few places over the winter so painting them was essential. I'd considered just re-blacking them but I really wanted a colour to really transform the look of the car. At first I considered red to continue the theme, but really fancied a change. I had some Ford Electric Blue kicking around since we'd done a little rattle can surgery on my Dad's Fusion last year so decided it'd be cost effective to give Blue a try.

Whilst reaction has been mixed they've actually grown on me! What I didn't realize was how easy, with the volume of blue in my wardrobe, it was to colour clash!!

[Image: iaVTL7W.jpg]

Pugfest 2017 was a little later than most years, coming only two weeks before FCS (Which in turn was much later than usual). I decided to come straight from work and camp again, meeting 7075sam in Coventry en-route.

An uneventful drive was followed by the usual relaxed camping atmosphere and a nice chance to have a catch up with "those men I met on the internet". Toseland and Mattrallye were kind enough to share some grub (Including, what I can't recommend enough: a warm lemon donut!) and I limited myself to only a couple of beers, but I did have a third freebie one from Fooby (Thanks!)

Our tug of war team came second (I think) again this year, so no free beers. I personally think the event is rigged!

In the morning, with bacon ingested and tent disassembled, me and Sam went to take our place on the stand; which again was in the public car park (despite tons of room at the top of the hill near the 306gti6 boys). I helped the team assemble our impressive new club marque which at least provided some shade, and a nice centre piece for our club stand.

In the morning I did my four hill runs, + passengers trips with Dum Dum and Sam (thanks guys!), and then after lunch had a wander around the metal on show... my particular favourites were the Belgian Dimma Cab, Dimma 309, and a five door 205 stanced on steels.

The show was definitely quieter than usual, which is a shame and I can't really attribute a reason why. It was a nice day, prices haven't gone up much if at all. The only factor I can think of changing in the last few years is the strict no Peugeots up the hill, but surely there's no a legion of pissed off Citroen and Renault owners who no-showed? Maybe it was it's it's proximity to FCS this year. Really not sure but I hope it's not the beginning of a downward trend as Pugfest is bay far the best show for a relaxed fun time.

[Image: bBPKQTF.jpg]
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
Not that I've had time to do a printable spec sheet before FCS the spec as she currently stands:

EXTERIOR:
Partner Steel Wheels (Currently Blue)
Smooth, badgeless, bonnet
ZX single wiper conversion
Xsara washer jets
De-decalled
Heko Wind Deflectors
De-wipered
De-aerial'd
DTM-style mirrors

INTERIOR:
Phase 1 2.4 Xsara Steering Rack
Mint original Rallye seats
Mint original 306 Mat set
Black central Fascia
Standard 6 Disc Clarion Multi-changer
Alpine Door speakers
P3 Leather GTi steering wheel
Black roof lining
Black trim plastic
P3 Electric mirror covers

SUSPENSION:
Brand new Beam - lowered 50mm
21mm Torsion Bar
Hybrid ARB
Bilstein B8 Shocks
Unbranded 50mm Springs
OMP upper brace
Philipm Lower brace

ENGINE:
Full Scorpion System

BRAKES:
Pitted & Grooved Discs

Don't think I've missed owt
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
Actually managed to make it to FCS this year after that year's was missed due to Brother-in-law's Stag do. Rowell's done a really great round up of the goings on so I won't go over that again here but just a few developments here:
1). My oh shit moment came a week before when, in my haste and laziness and whilst balancing with one foot on my spare set of 'clones and one foot on the bottom rung of my ladder I was attempting to retrieve my golf clubs without having to move the Rallye out of the garage. I managed to get them down from their peg but realized too late I couldn't get back down afterward. So I made the decision to throw the clubs, hoping to clear the car. They didn't and all my irons, drivers, and putters came straight down on my bonnet and front wing.

Gutted.

As luck would have it Ryan (pug_306 / 306gtispares) had a smoothed bonnet and grill for sale in Black! Some things were just meant to be. Downsides were it was a Phase 2 bonnet, but beggars can't be choosers and I've always fancied a smoothed grill. So off I popped for the four hour round trip to Thetford and back.

Fitted it a few days before FCS as easy as pie, although removing the decals it came with took nearly 2 hours!!!! Really pleased with the look and will update with pictures when I can.

2). Arrived at FCS a wee bit early:
[Image: efPXRoU.jpg]

This main field would soon fill with the usual C2, Saxo contingent. There was a nice field to the right of this picture that had been claimed by a single Renault club (Private camping! Jealous!). Being the first to arrive I was charged with getting a good spot. With this pressure on my shoulders I did manage to find what was a fairly quiet spot. But as the hours rolled by, and still no one else had arrived! everywhere began to fill up.

You know what they say about 306oc members, like buses they are. No sooner had Rowell, Bates etc. turned up that Team Matt (Rallye, Cheese et al) appeared as well. My site choice seemed to be approved by the group at large so we set about BBQing.

By the time the guys had shown up that field that had been empty 2 hours earlier now looked like this:

[Image: uGWL0Re.jpg]

Predictably I was the first in bed (I lasted until about 11 when I was falling asleep in my chair)

The show itself was great. Many thanks again to everyone who organised, let me out as passenger on track, or otherwise cooked for me it really is appreciated. I didn't grab many pics as there was so much going on. A really good stand, although disappointed we didn't have space for the marquee.

Only got one pic of our stand:

[Image: NAyNMPM.jpg]

Good turn out on our part, with great to see so many 306s. Not really sure what the 306s next outing will be. Probably for a photoshoot in October, or down to Bash's to have those coilovers fitted! We'll see.
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
Didnt realsie thats why you had smoother it?!!! Good to see you at the show any how man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Yeah the guy in thetford called ryan,he a proper legend and horder of 306's lol

Was good day at fcs shame about the track but oh well.If the cadwell thing happens it will make up for it.
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Didn't realise you had smooth stuff! Also annoyed that there was one for sale so close to me I had no idea about :'(
Thanks given by:
There's a lesson there, give up golf.
Thanks given by:
So up to date on what she looks like

[Image: ZpjTaF.jpg]
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
No coverage of Pugfest in PFC but the club did make the mag. [Image: FBBNxl.jpg]
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
Me and a friend grabbed the usual end of season glory shots. Car hadn't been out since PFC due to holiday and work etc. Was disappointed to miss the East Anglia meet at the beginning of September but was state side!

[Image: pic2.jpg]
[Image: pic4.jpg]
[Image: pic5.jpg]
[Image: pic6.jpg]
[Image: pic7.jpg]
[Image: pic8.jpg]
[Image: pic9.jpg]
[Image: pic10.jpg]
[Image: pic11.jpg]
[Image: pic12.jpg]
facebook photos hosting

Won't be any updates now until the new year I'd reckon. Gonna be at the Xmas meet in the daily :-(
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
Ok just cause ive fallen in love with the wheels i understand they are partner steel wheels but what tyres are you running on them?
Check Out My Build Threads // Puglet Build 
Thanks given by:
Yokohama something’s. Standard size 55s, took em straight off my ‘clones and yeah they’re partner steels

Thanks for comments
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
So first news on the 306 front is another renewal of insurance. Can’t remember what I paid last year but it’s £260 this year, which I didn’t think was too bad. Double checked and it covers her for up to 180 days in europe so the 7 days we r across the water for should be just fine.

Next update will be after I get the coilovers back from being refurbed and fitting them. Got some Toyo T1Rs so replace the balding Yokohama’s (won’t be anywhere near as good but £40 a corner cheaper!)
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
These are 16" wheels, right?

Still considering doing something similar with 17" steelies from a 3008.
Thanks given by:
Nah mate 15s, they take he exact same tyres as cyclones
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
Wow. They look bigger than 15"Smile
Thanks given by:
Ready for the ring...

[Image: xwbKYk.jpg]
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
EXTERIOR:
Partner Steel Wheels (Currently Blue)
Smooth, badgeless, bonnet
ZX single wiper conversion
Xsara washer jets
De-decalled
Heko Wind Deflectors
De-wipered
De-aerial'd
DTM-style mirrors

INTERIOR:
Mint original Rallye seats
Mint original 306 Mat set
Black central Fascia
Standard 6 Disc Clarion Multi-changer
Alpine Door speakers
P3 Leather GTi steering wheel
Black roof lining
Black trim plastic
Mirror Adjustor Blanks

SUSPENSION/HANDLING:
Phase 1 2.4 Xsara Steering Rack
Brand new Beam - lowered 50mm
21mm Torsion Bar
Hybrid ARB
Freshly Refurbed Avo Coilovers
OMP upper brace
Philipm Lower brace
Berlingo P-Bushes

ENGINE:
Full Scorpion System
rich_w Lightened Flywheel
rich_w Alloy Crank Pulley

BRAKES:
Pitted & Grooved Discs

ON THE SHOPPING LIST NOW: (After much asking for recommendations)
Brembo Discs & Ferodo DS2500 pads
Mocal Oil Cooler
Miles Gear Linkages
12" Spal Fan
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
So 2018, the year of the OC 'On Tour'. It was a fantastic trip, in fantastic company, in what I've come to consider fantastic cars.

I'm hoping someone else *cough* Rowell *cough* will do a much better write up than I but I wanted to commit a few words to the old project thread to keep it up to date.

Me, Sam Bates (7075Sam), Sam Rowell (Eeyore) and Matt Frost (Frosty) met up at Ashford, Kent. Then we started, as you must, crossing the channel via the tunnel it was a 7 hour drive to Montbeliard and the Peugeot Museum. It was a bit of a slog with numerous stops, and whilst the French motorways are epicly smooth and the speeds limits are good they are sure expensive! One section cost us £38! Day 1 and I had an issue, my idle wouldn't level. So when slowing down or just after starting up the revs would die and the engine would stall. It was overcomeable and I just cracked on, and by the end of the week the issue seemed to have rectified itself.

We got some piccies outside before it opened (as in France nothing opens... ever, or if it does it opens for maybe a couple of hours in the morning, has a break for lunch and then opens again for maybe 1 or 2 hours in the afternoon) and then had a wander around. There was some great content from Peugeot's distant past but they seemed to stop acquiring new exhibits in 1993, baring a 106 Maxi and a Dakar Rally Car, there was nothing newer. So disappointing to say that's 25+ years ago now! And, even in the gift shop, there wasn't a single 306 related item apart from a cheap chain!

From here we hit Grand Ballon. It's a French mountain climb, very similar to the Swiss passes just on a smaller scale. This road was mainly empty, surprisingly, and was epic fun and really set a tone for the rest of the holiday. We got some great pics and made a lot of noise!

We then headed into Switzerland which, for me anyway, was the absolute highlight of the holiday. We travelled into Switzerland via Germany as we needed to stop at a Service Station to buy a Vignette and didn't trust asking a Frenchman anything in English, whereas all Germans speak fluent English (This is a massive generalization based on my 8 years of travelling to both countries).
We stayed in Lucerne (Luzern) and had originally planned to do the "Figure of 8" Gotthard, Furka and Grimsel Passes but as Switzerland has a particular bad winter they were all still shut for Winter!!! At a loss as to what to do we hit google and found a number of passes in the East of the Country still open. This ended up being a fantastic call, we did the San Bernardino Pass, which whilst VERY busy was great fun. The best bit of this was actually the old road 13 that lead to the beginning of the pass which was absolutely deserted!! Endless harpins meant endless fun!

After this we headed North to the Klausenpass, one of the longest and seldom used mountain passes. This was an absolutely fantastic experience. The road was 90% empty and had twisties galore! The summit was still heavily snow covered (See pics!) which lent itself to fantastic photo ops and rude word writing. The downward run from this was just as fun.

All the while the car had been performing fantastically. The engine temps were showing as quite high, but at the time I put this down to the hooning and thought nothing more of it. Yes I would've liked Air Conditioning and Cruise Control as it was hot and in between the hooning mountain passes there is a fair bit of motorway work to do, but other than that I genuinely can't fault the car. 20 years old and being driven spiritedly and still achieved 30mpg over the entire trip!

After the fantastic Klausenpass we headed back to the hotel again ready for an early start the next day...
Thursday came and we set off at 06:00 and headed in the general direction of the Nurburgring via the Black Forest.
Yes Switzerland was expensive, but it was fantastic. We had great weather, the roads were great, the tunnels were fun (Pops and Bangs lol) and the car scene was visibly alive.

After a worrying stop by customs at the German border where the customs agent seemingly wanted all my details, then gave up when she realized we were altogether and stopping me meant stopping all of us and causing traffic chaos, we were back in Germany. We travelled north on the B-500 (Google it) through the Black Forest. It's primarily a Bikers road, and the southern bit in particular was very touristy. Add to this we hit it at the wrong time and it meant it wasn't as much fun as it should've been. However after a few stops and some pics the final northern section of the road before we arrived at Baden Baden was actually nice and twisty and very fast.

We then hit the AutoBahn (And yes we did do a small portion of unrestricted) and made our ring Hotel about 19:30. It'd been a long day and the car was starting to get seriously hot...

We met up with Hannah and Josh with their 205, who'd crossed earlier in the week and been at the ring for a couple of days. We managed to get 6 of us into a 5 birth relatively comfortably and were disappointed to find out the Friday's Tourist Track session had been cancelled !! So we spent the Friday getting the obligatory pictures near the sign up at the complex near the GP stadium. We took the disappointing Museum tour and bought some over priced merchandize (Including a sticker soon to be gracing my car's rear windscreen). We then watched a little track action at Youtube corner. That evening Hannah managed to find us a really great restaurant with a mezzanine deck seating area that looked out over the Forest, we couldn't get sat out there but at least the place had it lol. We had fantastic Schnitzel, so I'd recommend it if I could remember the name of it.

Saturday comes and the track is open all day. We head up early to beat the crowds and... got stuck in the crowds. There really is not quiet time at the Nurburgring. The track is 20-whatever KMs long so it doesn't really make a huge difference to your experience. I'm grateful to the lads for the passengers rides, and thankful to Sam for accompanying me on my only track run throughout which I was worried about the car's heat, and the fade in my brakes! I posted about 13:30 lap! lol. TBH, I know it's a Mecca for some, but the reason I've left it 9 years between going back, is because unless you are a driver of a competitive (by that I mean 400bhp+) you spend 75% of your time pulled over to the right letting the endless stream of BMWs and Porsches through. There are definitely some fun bits and I recommend everyone who is really into their cars go and do it, because remember you only live once, BUT don't go expecting what you'd get from a track day back home.

After this we watched some action, including Frosty hero'ing his epic diesel round 5 times total, at Youtube corner again. The weather was beautiful and I was guilty of having a few beers in the sun.

And then... we headed home! The last day's drive started with me worrying about engine temps again. As we were driving very steadily and the temps were nudged red at this point. Worried we pulled over. And... Josh and Matt stuck their heads into the engine bay, unplugged and blew into a sensor and hey presto! Engine temp problem solved, faulty sensor Rofl

So over 2,000 miles covered in 7 days in a 20 year old car with zero real problems, achieved 30mpg, did a trackday, hooned up two mountain passes and got me home again. Yes I was hot and yes my right foot ached, but dammit show me another £1,500 20 year old car that'd do all that!!!

[Image: s6e00E.jpg]

[Image: cz5vA9.jpg]

[Image: fOuP6k.jpg]

[Image: Bdqvqx.jpg]

[Image: 5Zvyjs.jpg]

[Image: Xhns71.jpg]

[Image: rQYuLr.jpg]

[Image: Hnxcef.jpg]

[Image: UHV13E.jpg]

[Image: pBGP8E.jpg]

[Image: IIwwcl.jpg]

[Image: 2tXw4C.jpg]
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
Cheers for the write-up.  It was good to hear about your trip and to see some pics.  I love the Alps & it would be amazing to take the 306 on a trip there sometime. Smile
Thanks given by:
super busy with work but yes ill do an extended write up of this one with more pics. It was a great trip and definitely do it again. #wonkyrallyestickers
Thanks given by:
(30-05-2018, 09:45 PM)Eeyore Wrote:  #wonkyrallyestickers

Doh  Shhh! No one had noticed
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
Good write up mate was a awesome week so many great roads.
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by: