The Naked Rallye with Blue Steels

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Naked Rallye with Blue Steels
(19-05-2016, 06:19 PM)C2K Wrote: Geez, single wiper... didn't realise max power was still going man. :|

Going strong Itwasntme

(19-05-2016, 07:53 PM)luke306rallye Wrote: Glad you're happy with it mate ThumbsUp

Yeah cheers again dude Rofl
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
Single wiper = light weight Wink

Shes looking good still dude Big Grin and i still love that you dont follow the crowd with this Smile
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
How much weight would you actually save losing one wiper/arm? Cant be that much really, looks a bit strange/out of place without 2 on a 306 for me haha, and it also looks like the passenger wont be able to see out of 1/3 of their screen with that wiper, doesn't look long enough, but each to their own and nice to see someone doing something different Smile
Thanks given by:
It does clear pretty much all of the screen, you could put a slightly longer wiper on aswell.
Wouldn't say it's for saving weight though lol
Thanks given by:
Might as well remove the wiper motor, linkages and arms altogether and just apply a shit tonne of Rain-X, much better for weight saving!! Wink
Thanks given by:
It's different so ThumbsUp from me
Thanks given by:
Weight saving wasn't the goal but a nice bonus, I've just never done this mod on a 306 before and thought I'd give it a go, as has been said most things about this car are a little different ;-)

Matt, hope yours will be at Pugfest this year. We need to restart the exclusive black Rallye parking section
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
(20-05-2016, 04:44 PM)Orta Wrote: Weight saving wasn't the goal but a nice bonus, I've just never done this mod on a 306 before and thought I'd give it a go, as has been said most things about this car are a little different ;-)

Matt, hope yours will be at Pugfest this year. We need to restart the exclusive black Rallye parking section

Ive already given up on mine making an appearance this year lmao the list of jobs just keeps getting longer!
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Lol at the different comments. It was all the rage in the early 2000s to fit single wipers, Storm made a f*cking fortune selling kits to max power readers. Many an AX/ZX succumbed to single wiper conversions.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
(21-05-2016, 12:59 PM)C2K Wrote: Lol at the different comments. It was all the rage in the early 2000s to fit single wipers, Storm made a f*cking fortune selling kits to max power readers. Many an AX/ZX succumbed to single wiper conversions.

I remember those days well, I was 17 in 2003 ;-)
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
(21-05-2016, 05:39 PM)Orta Wrote:
(21-05-2016, 12:59 PM)C2K Wrote: Lol at the different comments. It was all the rage in the early 2000s to fit single wipers, Storm made a f*cking fortune selling kits to max power readers. Many an AX/ZX succumbed to single wiper conversions.

I remember those days well, I was 17 in 2003 ;-)

A lot of us started high school in 2003! Tongue
Thanks given by:
I really wanted 2016 to be the year I moved the Rallye forward. But alas things seem to have gotten in the way. Since my last update RE: my chav-wiper conversion and hekos I've had my new beam installed (alongside 21tbs and hybrid arb) and bought (but not yet fitted) a set of standard coloured Rallye decals for a swap probably over the summer.

I've also attempted to gloss paint my wing mirrors, which hasn't had the desired effect, so I'm binning them and have bought some DTM mirrors (Really liked them on Ben's white Rallye, so I'll give 'em a go) they'll be on soon enough as well.

I've fixed the irritating rattle from my stereo with a bit of tape / foam surgery and fixed the rattles from my driver's side door card with the same technic.

It went straight through it's MOT with no advisories...

And that is about it. So, bring on the Pugfest write up.

Having missed FCS (Which I know everyone slags off, but I still thoroughly enjoy the weekend) because of my brother-in-law's stag do I was determined to make the most of this weekend so convinced the Mrs to "let me" camp the Saturday night. Didn't regret this at all as BBQ was excellent, my 10 second tent really was up in 10 seconds and the weather held (although it was a little chilly). It was great to catch up with everyone, and I even managed to get a decent nights sleep (Dum-Dum must've been quiet for a change!)

Me, Sam and Sam, were the first on the stand at about 07:30. Which brings me to the only picture of my car from the show (Unless anyone can come up with any others?)

[Image: 014a85a4be62cb0d0a8a42a7c27dffc17ed17cc9e4.jpg]

Our stand as usual was in the car park, this year our neighbours were Pug306 (a departure from their regular slot at the top of the hill) and the usual 406 Coupe OC, and 306 Cabs. But with this year's theme being the 20th anniversary of the 306 GTi-6 the GTi6 club stand got pride of place which was nice, and it was the best turn out for that club I've seen in years so that was pleasing.

The cars on display this year I felt was a really good. The 20th anniversary of the GTi-6 seemed to bring all the 306s out and were a very strong second behind the 205s this year. The amount of modern Peugeots was also really good to see. For years the marque we love has been slipping into the obscurity of mediocre "beige" vehicles which saw Pugfest becoming a homage to a past that couldn't be reclaimed with the most modern car there being the late plate diesel 306 estates! I counted two 206s and a solitary 207 GTi, but some dozen or so 208 GTis, a 308 GTi and a 308 GT-Line Estate. It represents that the future is potentially quite exciting as the real enthusiasts can get hold of these 208s as the prices start to slip toward that £7-8k where the fun typically begins.

The "No non-Peugeots up the hill this year" was broken only by two cars I saw, a staffer Focus ST and a Saxo hero, who was booed off when he tried to make a second run at it. Think this may have hampered their sales of hill runs however as the queues for the hill weren't as bad as last year.

I did my customary 4 runs up the hill on the early bird (So there's obviously no pictures of me going up ha!), did a couple on my own and then shared the fun with Luke (retropug) and Matt (Mattrallye - apt username when I haven't seen your Rallye in two years!). The latter of which shared my slightly side-ways moment in the esses!!

I spent the afternoon blagging a few passenger rides and generally moping around checking out the metal on show. At 13:15 us GTi/Rallye owners joined in a similar "cavalcade" experience up the hill that the 205s got last year. The 205s were more numerous and went up colour coded and I think it had a better effect, but it was still nice to gather all the proper 306s together.

[Image: 01674bcf99d6a6500bdcc1ac4277eb74f228100f96.jpg]image hosting 10mb limit
[Image: 011188dd9a8a8d62965edcb89085f2b7af2f8b92ab.jpg]image hosting 10mb limit

[Image: 0122a57ef5244e9a547c5bfbca2b529785d8c66c65.jpg]image hosting 10mb limit

I counted 6 Black Rallyes, three Reds, and not a single white! Looks like I bought the wrong colour if I was after rare! Some really impressive cars, particularly ozone's nile GTi (despite losing reverse Rofl ), Damon's jenvey beast, and a number of noisey black coally diesels!!!

Next up for the Rallye is Fast Car Festival at the end of July. It's a long story, but the essence is I follow Fast Car mag on twitter as they daily post up shots of various modified cars (Normally slammed and stanced, which is a "look" I'm into). The tweeted last week looking for cars for a particular segment of the show (It's called like working class heroes or affordable cars, or something of that ilk). The segment is being divided by country of origin and they were advertising for certain French cars. A 306 Rallye was amongst them, I tweeted them with a pic of the car saying I'd like to be a part. They responded and I'm getting a pair of free weekend camping tickets!! (Worth £60 each!)

It seems a pretty good show on paper. There's all sorts of attractions, from the regular club stands, to F1 cars, to Lotus stuff, to passenger rides in Caterham 7s, and there's even a giant BBQ and evening music entertainment. And for free and to get the Rallye in a magazine and representing 306s to the "non-Peugeot" masses it's quite exciting!

I'll try and get some more pics of the car that weekend and I'll update then Makeup
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
Sounds good about the free show tickets
Thanks given by:

Rofl

er

no.

standard single wiper vehicles.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
I know, hence why my comment means they were raped for them.....
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by: Matt-Rallye
car looks tidy buddy. Great to see you there and chill that evening. Hopefully i wont be ill next time.
Thanks given by:
Nice to see you again tom

Great weekend shame it's all over for another year now Sad
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
FastCar might not be the most respected of motoring publications this side of 2004 but it has seen off Max Power and gone some lengths to shed it's chav-tastic past and whilst I would still never pick one up off the shelves over a Performance French Car, or even a Practical Performance Car... or Fast Ford tbh, it's still a car mag and it's about the only one active on twitter.

Why do I mention one of only two social media apps I use? (The other being linkedin) well a month or so ago they tweeted saying that they were seeking particular cars (Link to a list was included) to showcase on the "Power to the People" stand at their upcoming and inaugural "Fast Car Festival". I checked the festival out; a full weekend affair with camping from Friday through to Sunday hosted at Donington Park. Whilst the camping for me wasn't necessary as I'm less than an hour from Donington. I checked the list out and found out they were after some French cars, I read down it seeing the usual "Renaultsport Megane, Renaultsport Clio, and what a surprise... they wanted a 205 GTi, but my jaw almost dropped when it specifically said they were after a 306 Rallye. Not a GTi, an actual Rallye. So I tweeted them back with a picture of the Rallye and said if you don't mind it being a bit modified I'd be happy to come along.

I got an email jetted back to me saying the car was perfect and they'd be issuing two free weekend tickets worth £50. A win I thought...

So the Saturday morning rolls around, I'd done a fairly rushed clean of the car the night before and off I went. Arrived oodles too early to an almost empty showground and was greeted warmly by an organiser. I parked up and sat with some breakfast for a while and waited for the rest of the cars to roll in. From the list of cars they'd been after I was expecting quite a few and had strategically picked my spot so I wasn't getting boxed in.
8.30 rolls along, which I'd been told was the cut off for getting cars onto the stand and my original copy of a 205, an MX-5 and a very nice Volvo T5, had only been supplemented by a turbo'd CTR, a mark 2 Astra GTe and a brand new Mustang (At £40k or whatever they are that's hardly a "car of the people"). 9am passes with the addition of a BMW coupe in crayon blue and that's about it...

So I had a mooch around, and there were other stands there from other magazines in the main showground. Retro Ford, Retro Japanese, Fast Ford, Performance Vauxhall etc. and then maybe half a dozen club stands (100% Ford, Vauxhall or Civics) out in the "club area". There was a strong Lotus presence as the show was semi-sponsored by them, but once you've seen one Elise / Exige you've seen them all right?

I had to PAY for a festival guide, otherwise there was no map or itinerary available at all. All the Caterham passenger rides had sold out by 9.30 as there were so limited numbers and all the actual "stuff" was scheduled for the Sunday... so I spent Saturday watching the triple barrel challenge (Essentially drift cars skidding around barrels) and some track stuff. Then at about 3pm I was bored and went home...

Sunday I thought I'd give it another go, even convinced the Mrs to come. We got there a bit later (around 8.45) and the main club area was a lot busier, "excellent I thought" it's stepped up a bit.

We had a wander around all the metal first off (Pics over in my show thread on "Meets and Photos"), then had a ride in a monster truck, had a gawk at the Aston Martin Vulcan and then poddled over to see Tiff Needell, scheduled to start at 11:00 at the main stage. After he didn't turn up until gone noon I wasn't really interested in what he had to say so we wandered off to have a BBQ on the park benches in the centre of the circuit as at 12:20 the Lotus club had a dedicated track session on the itinerary followed by the dedicated pistonheads - advanced driver's one immediately afterwards. So we sat and waited and ate burgers... and not a single car appeared. At 13:20 the first lot of cars appeared for the usual novice track day session...

Dejected we headed back out to find where they were to be announcing best club stand... best wheels etc. all of which was scheduled for 2pm-3pm. Nothing announced, nothing happened.

We had an ice cream and wandered around to watch the guys on the barrels (as the mrs hadn't seen this) to find not a soul was doing in, and the only entertainment was the guy organising it trying to drum up some business. We had one final look around the mediocre trader's bit incase we'd missed any freebies and found the club stands beyond almost deserted (this was about 3pm). So we just hopped back in our car and went.

So all in all, the show was free so I can't grumble and some of the cars WERE awesome. But there was no organisation, and nowhere near enough content to fill two days. It could've easily been just the Sunday or just the Saturday. Disappointing... especially as I'd taken the time off work especially. Anyway, could of pics of the Rallye in it's company..

[Image: IMG_6863.jpg]
[Image: IMG_6864.jpg]
[Image: IMG_6865.jpg]
[Image: IMG_6866.jpg]
[Image: IMG_6867.jpg]

upload png
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
wow that looks pretty empty. What a shambles!
Thanks given by:
Yeah had to beg and plead to get the full weekend off as well! So not happy, at least the tickets were free! Needless to say won't be in attendance next year.
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
She lives!!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
pic is too big, I see yellow stripes and a fence lol
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
I keep getting the same thing when looking at threads on here.
Not sure if it's an uploader issue.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
Just had the motor back from CG cars in Leicester. Finally had my new beam fitted, along with all the rich_w bits and phillipm lower brace. Took the opportunity to return my steels (opinions on the new colour?)

Most importantly tho does the back look a little too high?

[Image: 10C8995D-0A21-48AA-9BBD-33CBC7C3C80F.jpg]
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
Definitely not too high.
Not sold on the blue steels personally but it's your car, your choice!
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
no, front looks too low.
Thanks given by:
No I meant does it look uneven? The back too high compared to front?
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
no the front is too low.
Thanks given by:
Wheels arent for me either, and id agree with Mei thats its too low on the front, back sits about right for me Smile
Thanks given by:
wheels are interesting. i preferred them black though. What happened to the decals?
Thanks given by: