Fitting HDI box

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fitting HDI box
Hey guys have a chance to get a HDI box off Ian (slam wagon) what's needed to covert the boxes over? And what benefits will I see from fitting this box
Thanks given by:
Clutch fork from the XUD box is needed.

Main difference is that you are doing less RPM compared to an XUD box at the same speed meaning better MPG on runs. However I think it means you drop off boost during gear changes.
Thanks given by:
There are loads of threads about and a bit in the guides section. In essence just swap everthing that unbolts from xud box to hdi box. Also need the clutch arm. Basically has 500 less rpm in all gears. Ive got one on mine really like it. Some people dont though due to gear ratios between 2nd and 3rd I think.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
XUD fork, and you'll need the reverse switch and speedo sensor from XUD box as they work with the clocks you have in your car... I thought the only real difference was a shorter final drive?
3 x Peugeot owner.

1996 106.
1996 306 D Turbo S.
1994 Mercedes Benz 320E.
1997 306 GLX.

Subscribe! - https://www.youtube.com/user/TheADKJD/videos
Thanks given by:
Unless 90% of your driving is on motorway I wouldn't bother

There terrible off boost on gear change there shite if you like hooning now and again

All imo obviously
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
I had a hdi box on mine for a bit and it is a great cruising box for on motorways etc and I would say seems a nicer box to drive with. But I now got a xantia box which I think is the same as a Xud box and think it is better but just miss that motorway cruising but for the amount I go on motorways I ain't going to change.
Thanks given by:
there is a guide for it.

I love it personally and I hoon a lot.

If a HDi doesnt suit you.....then you are short on torque Wink
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I was considering chucking a HDi box on mine when clutch goes, but if motorways are the only up side, and i barely do motorway driving as it is... Seems no point
3 x Peugeot owner.

1996 106.
1996 306 D Turbo S.
1994 Mercedes Benz 320E.
1997 306 GLX.

Thanks given by:
(16-08-2014, 11:27 PM)ADV_93 Wrote: I was considering chucking a HDi box on mine when clutch goes, but if motorways are the only up side, and i barely do motorway driving as it is... Seems no point

Yeah I won't be doing much motorway miles till next year so may hold out till then
Thanks given by:
Cant wait to get my hdi box back on. If you have a fats spooling turbo then its fine imo.
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(17-08-2014, 10:12 AM)Dave Wrote: Cant wait to get my hdi box back on. If you have a fats spooling turbo then its fine imo.

How does it work with a spooler?
3 x Peugeot owner.

1996 106.
1996 306 D Turbo S.
1994 Mercedes Benz 320E.
1997 306 GLX.

Thanks given by: