Guess the hire car

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guess the hire car
Niall Wrote:No it's a 1.6. It's a absolute machine! (haven't actually taken it out yet lol).
Blatently going to do a review on it later lol

Its a 1.6....how is that between 1.4 and 1.5? lol

Still, bet its slow as!! Probably 'nippy' though...at the top of the rev counter in 1st Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Not sure how far It goes round the rev counter. Will find out once I drive it off the drive. Lol
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Why take it off the drive? Start it on the limiter! lol

Better than a fabia at least!
Thanks given by:
If only I'd have seen this thread sooner! I drive past your house earlier and saw it. Could have won Sad
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Scott Wrote:Why take it off the drive? Start it on the limiter! lol

Can't Sad
Just been out there. Took ages to start because I didn't realise you have to dip the clutch. Won't let you start it with your foot on the throttle!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Grant Wrote:If only I'd have seen this thread sooner! I drive past your house earlier and saw it. Could have won Sad
could have won...... nothing... but the respect and admiration of nail
once more proving you two are an item! Big Grin
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Niall Wrote:
Scott Wrote:Why take it off the drive? Start it on the limiter! lol

Can't Sad
Just been out there. Took ages to start because I didn't realise you have to dip the clutch. Won't let you start it with your foot on the throttle!
That's a shame. I'm sure you'll enjoy driving an automatic though. :Whistle:
Thanks given by:
It's manual!
And I used to drive an auto and loved it. Ultimate laziness!
I actually can't wait to take it out just to see how shit it is!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Niall Wrote:It's manual!
And I used to drive an auto and loved it. Ultimate laziness!
I actually can't wait to take it out just to see how shit it is!

Well get the f*ck off here and go out in it then! Big Grin lmao
Thanks given by:
[Image: 525247_10150769552751335_567191334_11846...7643_n.jpg]

lolololol
Thanks given by:
Err Phil I've already put a photo on here you bell piece
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
IDC LOL
Thanks given by:
I actually love A-classes! lol was going to buy an older one before Tongue
[Image: 43f2473c.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Craig-o Wrote:I actually love A-classes! lol was going to buy an older one before Tongue

GTFO!

:violence-instagib: :violence-minigun: :violence-pistoldouble: :violence-plasma: :violence-rambo: :violence-rapidfire: :violence-ripper: :violence-rocket: :violence-shock: :violence-smack: :violence-sniperdark: :violence-sniperprone: :violence-snipersmiley: :violence-stickwhack: :violence-telefrag: :violence-torch: :violence-uzi: :violence-xloc:

Wink
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Why do you need a hire car when you have a works vehicle?
Black 306 Rallye
Topaz Blue E39 530i Sport
Nordic Green 406 1.9TD
Thanks given by:
looks like they ain't messed around this time. on the older ones they put the engine in on like a 45 deg angle, spark plugs are a c*nt on the first gen ones with coil and leads, the coil over plug engines are a little easier but still a bastard. ask any mechanic what a bugger they are to work on
Thanks given by:
Ok so a little review on this beast

Looks:
Well, I don't really need to say much. It's a Mercedes so the styling is shit!

Interior:
As you step into the cabin, you immediately notice the amount of high quality plastic they have used! You will also notice how stupidly high the floor is which leads to an absolutely shocking drive.
As with all Mercedes, the controls are...shit. Instead of having two stalks, there's just 1 with everything crammed onto it.
The driving position is like sitting on top of a wheelie bin yet somehow, you still can't see any of the bonnet (and I'm 6ft4). Even with the seat at its lowest position, I still can't sit forwards to reach the stereo (which is shit by the way) without banging my head on the sun visor.

Handling:
Imagine someone grabbing your skull and shaking it back and forwards violently.....well the A class is substantially worse than this! And that's just in a straight line. If you attempt to go round a corner, you will immediately notice that the completely flat seats will not support you at all. You will realise once you've climbed back into the drivers seat that it does not grip at all! I almost ended up sideways on a roundabout last night whist being overtaken by a gwizz.

Performance:
None.

Yep so basically, this car is shit. I thought Mercedes were supposed to be a well built 'premimum' car? Not this one!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
lmao

What kind of spec is it?? Must be just the base model, cos surely the top spec ones are better!? lol

My Aunt has one of these (I think) but it does have a massive (2.5?) engine lol! It goes well with her SLK....
Thanks given by:
Mercedes used to be the best-built cars in the world until Chrysler bought them, and followed the American way of making a "quality product". They stuck some extra buttons and knobs on it, then cut the cost of building one in half by using ahite materials. My mate has an old 190E with 441k on it, the new ones won't survive half that lol
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Just thought I'd pop in 2 this lol I get 2 driv al kinds of new mercs and I have 2 say the a class r a complete and utter disappointment compaierd 2 the rest of the range! Although I hav heard that the a class is not actually a merc, it's sub contracted 2 another company and then has merc badges glued on and sold 4 mental amounts of money! lol
Thanks given by:
Holy thread-bump

Only experience I've had of a recent Mercedes is my boss's new luxo-barge, gadget-laden thing! Seriously shifts aswell, diesel power, something stupid like £48,000 list price! I reckon you could probably tow the moon with it though, just need a rope long enough...
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Lmao! I had a e class AMG the other week, was told it was £80+, didn't thrash that 1 as much after that, don't want 2 b stacking that! lol
Gota love a "get out of the way poor person" car Big Grin lol
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Guess the car MY95 5 4,105 05-03-2017, 06:51 PM
Last Post: MY95
  Guess the car MY95 37 11,465 16-06-2016, 08:34 AM
Last Post: Niall
  Guess the BHP - Non 306 Content *Results Are In* PartyJas 43 10,108 06-07-2015, 10:08 AM
Last Post: PartyJas