How to get a axle delivered

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to get a axle delivered
Looking to buy a live front axle for my hilux, iv found one in Barnsley for a fair price, the seller wont post it but i can arrange my own courier. as iv never had anything collected for me i have no idea what to do
Thanks given by:
Guessing it would need to be secured to a pallet due to the weight mate
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
It would probably need to be on a pallet so minimum £50.

I guess it weighs over 50kg too so unlikely any normal courrier will take it. You might be easier driving to get it even if it is a mission.
Thanks given by:
I dont think driving is an option from where he lives... lol
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Try shipley.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Google maps says

via A9 7 h 42 min
418 miles
6 h 51 min without traffic

I am possibly going to Newcasle this weekend but i dident want to drive the extra 4 hours if its cheaper to get it delivered. i was in Notingham 3 weeks ago
Thanks given by:
(12-08-2014, 07:38 PM)306carter Wrote: Try shipley.co.uk

as he said Wink
Thanks given by:
Just be careful with shiply paid deposit on transporting a car and guy let me down and shiply kept my deposit Undecided

Thanks given by:
When you going Newcastle? I'm about 20 miles from Barnsley

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
God how far do you live up into the Highlands? Its only about 400 miles from here to my parents (near Ben Lomand) and barnsley is f*cking hours from here.
Thanks given by:
inverness or therabouts going by the mileage.. A9 is a lovely road Smile
Project: Formula Peugeot
Thanks given by:
Wont nessercerly need to put on pallet, Ive posted axles before just bare axle wrapped up in wrap etc... Ive had good luck with shipley before / small drivers etc..but i know not everyone has....
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
I've posted 306 axles with interparcel but a live 4x4 axle may be out of there weight limit

If I can get a recovery from Newcastle to back down here I'll be able to meet you with the axle for cost of fuel

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
Try anyvan.com, I got a car transported very cheaply using them.
Thanks given by:
Im possibly picking up half a breaking hilux for the D4D engine, the key was snapped in the ignition but if he still has the immobiliser part im interested in seeing if it will run

Im going to phone the breaker of the axle tomorrow and see if the axle is any good, there selling it too cheep so is not looking good
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  So you're not gonna believe what got delivered today. Dum-Dum 30 13,360 04-02-2015, 05:59 PM
Last Post: puglove