HG failure?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HG failure?
Found this lovely brown grease type stuff on the water cap, should I worry or is it just how XUD's are?

[attachment=18313]
Thanks given by:
It's a sign, but not necessarily HG failure. Any other symptoms? Using water? Running warm?
Thanks given by:
(10-08-2014, 07:33 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: It's a sign, but not necessarily HG failure. Any other symptoms? Using water? Running warm?

No it's been perfect. Just checked on the off chance and noticed it, anything I can do to help it?
Thanks given by:
I have never seen sludge on any xud I've witnessed with hgf

Oil cooler may have shit itself and leaking oil into the coolant
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
(10-08-2014, 07:46 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: I have never seen sludge on any xud I've witnessed with hgf

Oil cooler may have shit itself and leaking oil into the coolant

Shit, can this be fixed?
Thanks given by:
It's usually pressurising pipes on Pug engines (XUD and TU at least!) that indicates HGF. So I would agree with Danny and say it's not. The oil cooler is easy to change if it is that, it's underneath the oil filter but you do need a massive socket to remove the bolt from it lol.
Thanks given by:
(10-08-2014, 07:55 PM)Toms306 Wrote: It's usually pressurising pipes on Pug engines (XUD and TU at least!) that indicates HGF. So I would agree with Danny and say it's not. The oil cooler is easy to change if it is that, it's underneath the oil filter but you do need a massive socket to remove the bolt from it lol.

:/ hope it fixes it, is it safe to drive like this?
Thanks given by:
I'd wipe the cap put it back on and carry on like nothing's changed

Just keep a eye on the temp gauge a quick glance over now and again

Wouldn't worry me tbh
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
Personally I'd flush out the coolant system and see if it returns...

Yeah it's safe to drive as long as you keep an eye on it.
Thanks given by:
(10-08-2014, 07:59 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: I'd wipe the cap put it back on and carry on like nothing's changed

Just keep a eye on the temp gauge a quick glance over now and again

Wouldn't worry me tbh

(10-08-2014, 08:00 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Personally I'd flush out the coolant system and see if it returns...

Yeah it's safe to drive as long as you keep an eye on it.

That's good news then Smile can anyone find me a pic of what the oil cooler looks like? I can keep an eye out for one then
Thanks given by:
Do you do a lot of short trips in the car ? Stop start to the shops & back could just be condensation build if the engine isn't getting upto full temp
Thanks given by:
(10-08-2014, 08:09 PM)Stevo-trendy Wrote: Do you do a lot of short trips in the car ? Stop start to the shops & back could just be condensation build if the engine isn't getting upto full temp

Yeah I work 10 minutes away, should I drive a little longer?
Thanks given by:
Ye take it out for a long run let the engine come upto temp , a few blasts down a bypass or a good run on the motorway should clear it out
Thanks given by:
(10-08-2014, 08:55 PM)Stevo-trendy Wrote: Ye take it out for a long run let the engine come upto temp , a few blasts down a bypass or a good run on the motorway should clear it out

Sweet ill have to do that
Thanks given by: