HELP!!!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HELP!!!!!
I have fitted a bosch pump after rebuilding it and the engine starts etc... just won't rev at all. Need some of your collective brain power asap please Smile
Thanks given by:
Sounds like the throttle shaft/arm isn't set up right
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
Cheers for the reply, I have it running better now by turning the max fuel screw in but with doing that the idle becomes too high. When I drive it it feels like it needs more diesel but I want to decrease idle speed.
Thanks given by:
Check return flow on idle and report back. Provided throttle spline / max fuel are deffo set within normal zones...
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Just like to add it's on an xud11 406 but shouldn't make much difference. I will check return flow tomoz morn, cheers MrLobb Smile thinking about it the return banjo and bolt is probably the only thing I didn't clean, I know it has a reet small hole in it which could be blocked. ....

I would say throttle arm is bang on where it should be, it did start to rev once max fuel was adjusted but seems to run out of puff by 3kish
Thanks given by:
That small hole in the return bolt keeps up the pressure in the pump iirc. Just pull the hose off the return fitting, if theres no fuel coming out your in trouble...
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(10-08-2014, 09:15 PM)Tom Wrote: That small hole in the return bolt keeps up the pressure in the pump iirc. Just pull the hose off the return fitting, if theres no fuel coming out your in trouble...

Dunt sound good. Will check first thing in morn.....
Thanks given by:
Check the max fuel screw mate..

i recently changed the LDA pin in mine and the max fuel was wound in too far for it (the LDA was overcopensating across the rev range) wound the fuel up half a turn and it reved lovely..
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Return flow test = approx 80ml over 60 seconds. Was a steady trickle I would say.

Toseland- if I turn the max fuel screw in the idle increases which is what I want to avoid. I think the timing could be too advanced as it's quite clattery, there is no smoke or owt though. It's like the LDA int connected.
Thanks given by:
yes it did on mine, because the screw was wound so much it was restricting the fuel into the engine.. more fuel, a little retard on thye pump and you should be good.. i am not talking about screwing the thing so hard it drops lumps of coal out the exhaust
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Ok cheers will retard it and give it a go Smile
Thanks given by:
So got the engine running ok now, driven a good few hundred miles with a little tweak here and there. My only problem now is when you start the engine the revs sit at 800odd then after about 10-15 sec it climbs up to 1100 Rpm and stays there. Just wondering could cause this?
Thanks given by:
Hot cold idle set right??
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
The hot/cold adjustment has just been set using the screws. I just find it strange the way it rises after a 10-15 sec. I've been tweaking the pump for more power but I'm almost out of adjustment on the throttle lever stop screw. For a 2.1td it's still fairly sluggish so reducing the fueling to control idle speed will equal Sad
Thanks given by: