rough start up

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
rough start up
When i start my dt up for the first time of the day it is very rough on start up, spluttering and white smoke then fluctuating idle, almost like a misfire. A minute of letting it sit and sort itself out and its fine, starts perfectly every time for the rest of the day.

Im thinking air ingress or crappy glow plugs?

Any other ideas?
No smoke, No poke!
Thanks given by:
Air igress.will happen when hot. Whip plugs out and test. Probally find a few are dead
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Ahh yeah that makes sense, whats the way to test? Just whip them out and switch them on and see if they come on?
No smoke, No poke!
Thanks given by:
The correct way of doing it is removing them and testing that they glow with a 12v power source. By the time youve got.them out might as well stick a new set in.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Yeah im doing a bosch conversion soon so ill whip a new set in while the pump is off, may aswell seeing as though winter is on its way...
No smoke, No poke!
Thanks given by:
You'll need to check all the connections from tank, to engine bay and make sure nothing is perished etc. Jubilees tight and all connections/bolts on the pump tight
Thanks given by:
Just use a DVM and measure the resistance...
Thanks given by:
Sticking injector? Mine misfires when i first start it but clears if i give it a few revs
3 x Peugeot owner.

1996 106.
1996 306 D Turbo S.
1994 Mercedes Benz 320E.
1997 306 GLX.

Subscribe! - https://www.youtube.com/user/TheADKJD/videos
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  rough idle very smoky blinkyeatu 3 1,071 03-07-2015, 03:01 PM
Last Post: blinkyeatu
  Rough start (misfiring) Dturbobooost 3 1,264 28-12-2014, 05:40 PM