306 Ignition Barrel stuck!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306 Ignition Barrel stuck!
hello all, today i have encountered a problem with the 306, i got in the car went down the road stopped went to turn it back on and had a crack noise followed by the key getting jammed on start, i manged to turn it back off and pull the key out. But however can not get the key past the first click as the barrel has jammed up. AngryAngry

I therefore went to remove the barrel for inspection and therefore because i can not rotate the key to the second click i can not press in the security lugs on the side of the barrel to allow me to release it form the casing

[Image: IMG_11011_zpsfe08d7ab.jpg]

Has anyone got any ideas on how to get the barrel out with out destroying it? as i have heard on here that sometimes it can be the plastic electric commutator, therefore i don't want to damage the barrel unnecessarily?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks given by:
the security lugs should push in before you get to the first click
Thanks given by:
I have tryed to push then with anything upto the first click and not been able to, I will try again tomorrow with some more force have you got any ideas if tey still won't budge. Without actually cutting the stearing Collin casing?
Jake
Thanks given by:
all sported now just needed some persuasion to get the pins to go up into the Barrel
jake
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Key Barrel Welshy_Pete 4 1,837 14-01-2017, 12:45 AM
Last Post: Welshy_Pete
  Ignition barrel fault... No springyness Piggy 23 5,340 08-05-2016, 08:46 AM
Last Post: DarkInferno
  How do I remove ignition barrel?? Coops69 3 1,621 09-08-2013, 03:04 PM
Last Post: Scott