Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Personalised cards with Barclays
http://www.barclays.co.uk/P1242601041899...alisedcard

Go nuts Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Dan! Wrote:http://www.barclays.co.uk/P1242601041899...alisedcard

Go nuts Big Grin

Also have you got that pin'less technology, the swipe thing...

We've just got a new system installed at work, the shock when people pay without entering a pin is scary..
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Did you get one of these a while ago dan?
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I'll be doing this on Wednesday Big Grin
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Do you think they'll let you put boobies on the card? :mrgreen:
[Image: 43f2473c.jpg]
Thanks given by:
"Please note that the Barclays Personalised Card service is only available on personal debit cards. The service is not available for Barclaycards or business debit cards. Please see our FAQs for more information."

Sad Sad
I was going to replace my work credit card. Might go and open a Barclays account just for this lol
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
The wireless cards are don't be warned don't buy. There's a app on smartphones where if you put it next to someone's bag and they have one of them card it will bring up all the cards details that's needed to make purchases.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
kentiiboii Wrote:The wireless cards are don't be warned don't buy. There's a app on smartphones where if you put it next to someone's bag and they have one of them card it will bring up all the cards details that's needed to make purchases.

Lies...I've seen this app and it's crap. Mainly because all current smart phones have no way of reading these cards
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Just ordered mine, will put pics up when its done (modified ofcourse)

Cheers mate!
Black 306 Rallye
Topaz Blue E39 530i Sport
Nordic Green 406 1.9TD
Thanks given by:
kentiiboii Wrote:The wireless cards are don't be warned don't buy. There's a app on smartphones where if you put it next to someone's bag and they have one of them card it will bring up all the cards details that's needed to make purchases.

I'm sure there is :roll:

Or someone has made an app that just makes up random numbers that look like card details as I don't think the banks are quite retarded enough to use something that can be read by a smart phone.

So unlucky on being fooled by a fake app (much like the solar charger ones) lol
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
They're are actually doing it do you can pay for stuff wirelessly by your phone as well so you don't need your bank card. So if you can pay wirelessly you can also recieve. Think about it.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
kentiiboii Wrote:They're are actually doing it do you can pay for stuff wirelessly by your phone as well so you don't need your bank card. So if you can pay wirelessly you can also recieve. Think about it.

Yeah, they are, with an account you have to top up to use and for payments of £15 or less, but since the contactless payment system is done using RFID chips which only transmit data that the pay point receives and process how does it mean you can also read them?? your bank card can't read others.........

Its a transmit only device, so back to my original point, the app is bollocks! Wink
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
Some phones would be capable of powering up the NFC chips implanted within these new cards, and potentially gathering some info.

However, I believe the contactless system does not transmit enough sensitive data for this to be a worry, it's more like the Pinsentry system where a random ID code is generated on each use..
Captain Standard

Thanks given by:
My BB Bold 9900 has the NFC built in, but in all honestly I cant see the chips containing enough info on them.
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Toby Wrote:However, I believe the contactless system does not transmit enough sensitive data for this to be a worry, it's more like the Pinsentry system where a random ID code is generated on each use..

I still can't work out how the hell pin sentry works!! Confusedhock:

I mean, the little machine isn't connected to anything yet it can give you the correct code code for internet banking....how the f..... :?
Thanks given by:
You can't get shit all info out of one, and they're based on rolling one time codes, just like Chip and PIN...

You could probably get the datastream that would come from the NFC/RFID chip from it, but it's heavilly encoded to begin with, let alone be able to actually process a payment with it...

Pinsentry is fecking simple, it just relies on an algorithm that changes with time, then combines it with a bunch of shit that's stored on the cards chip put through numerous randomizers etc, then spits out a code that the bank can recognise... Essentially it's all based on time and transaction counts.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
^^ ROFL Ruan, so again, the aforementioned app is bollocks then? lol

Toby Wrote:Some phones would be capable of powering up the NFC chips implanted within these new cards, and potentially gathering some info.

However, I believe the contactless system does not transmit enough sensitive data for this to be a worry, it's more like the Pinsentry system where a random ID code is generated on each use..

Ooooo.............thats 2 way unlike the RFID I was thinking of, but still, would they be used as a form of payment if it wan't secure? I think not, would it have been rolled out on a massive scale if you could take someone's card details that easily? I doubt it.

I don't understand why people even bother worrying about stuff like this TBH, it wouldn't be used if it wasn't safe as banks are still liable for any unauthorised transactions and I fail to see the problem with this when everyone will quite happily mash their card details into a random web site on the internet to buy something...........
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
Toms306 Wrote:
Toby Wrote:However, I believe the contactless system does not transmit enough sensitive data for this to be a worry, it's more like the Pinsentry system where a random ID code is generated on each use..

I still can't work out how the hell pin sentry works!! Confusedhock:

I mean, the little machine isn't connected to anything yet it can give you the correct code code for internet banking....how the f..... :?

It uses a series of identifiers contained on the chip of your card, it then uses a series of algorithms within the device to generate the code. This is then only given when the correct PIN is entered.

It isn't a completely foolproof system, as with anything, however it contains trillions of possible combinations which would be infeasible to hack into.
Captain Standard

Thanks given by:
Oh, PINsentry really isnt as difficult as I thought then, cheers Toby and Ruan! Smile
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Barclays Bank Cards Toms306 11 2,423 13-07-2015, 05:04 PM
Last Post: Magenta Sunset