20 Ltr jerry can Fuel filler hose fell in fuel tank!!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
20 Ltr jerry can Fuel filler hose fell in fuel tank!!!!
Ok here is an odd one I've just filled my car up using a 20 ltr jerry can and an attachable fuel filler hose that's half metal and the bend end bit is rubber, however half way through filling the car the rubber bit came off and went down the filler hole.

Any ideas on how to get it out and will it cause any problems staying in the fuel tank??

Does anyone know if the 2001 306 LX fuel filler hose has a wire mesh built into to stop crap getting in??
Thanks given by:
Has it gone right down? If its managed to find its way into the tank, lift the rear bench, remove lift pump & see if its floating around... I'd be surprised if it managed to get all the way into the tank though!
Thanks given by:
I doubt it's gone that far down tbh, I think I know the type you've used. Used a torch or poked anything in there to see if it's stuck?
Thanks given by:
There's nothing to stop anything going into the tank.

However there is a smallish 90 degree bend on to the tank and I'm almost certain it wont have been able to pass that!

The metal bit should be fine in there, but rubber doesn't get on with diesel well. Confused I'd probably try and unbent metal coathangar to pull it out, or maybe a long handled magnet assuming the metal bit isn't ally lol.
Thanks given by:
From how I read it Tom, only the rubber bit went in the nozzle...
I reckon the unwound hanger could be a good option, not sure how else you could get to it tbh. Undecided
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Oh yeah my bad, misread that!

Hmm, depending on size it may have made it past the filler elbow then, cant picture what sort of thing it is tbh.
Thanks given by:
I know the noddy you mean, similar to what people put in kitchen taps, depends how long it is byt if not that long its probably in the tank, wont do any harm.
Thanks given by:
Just take the neck off, not difficult
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
(07-08-2014, 08:26 PM)C2K Wrote: Just take the neck off, not difficult

id have said this too, only way really as then you can see what the crack is.
Thanks given by:
As tom said. There's a 90 degree rubber hose at the bottom. Undo the clips and it slide off. It shouldn't have got passed there.
Quote:(15:06:27) Toms306: Wd40d it and had a good tug, came straight off

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5522]

Thanks given by:
Thanks guys, I'll try all that you have suggested and let you know how it goes
Thanks given by:
Hmm, I wouldn't just remove the filler elbow, depending how much fuel you have it'll end up on the floor lol, there's no non-return valve on these.

If you can jack up just that side it should be alright though.
Thanks given by:
What about one of those bendible grabby things with like a claw grip. No idea what they are called!
Thanks given by:
Leave it it won't stop you filling up. Inlets it completely blocks the bend is leave it or least till the tanks empty to take elbow off
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Neutral downhill using less fuel a myth MY95 8 1,695 06-11-2016, 11:24 PM
Last Post: Paul Baldwin
  Telling the dvla about a engine/fuel type change aggyj17 14 2,436 06-01-2016, 12:17 AM
Last Post: aggyj17
  Top fuel dragsters... toseland 1 786 04-10-2015, 07:53 AM
Last Post: Dum-Dum