FCS 2012 update - 11 weeks now

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FCS 2012 update - 11 weeks now
fingers out and rockets at the ready then to get the work done folks (don't worry we're the same trying to make sure at least one of our cars is presentable)

Jillian
Thanks given by:
frenchcarshow Wrote:fingers out and rockets at the ready then to get the work done folks (don't worry we're the same trying to make sure at least one of our cars is presentable)

Jillian
doesnt matter is your cars are presentable or not... They'll still be nothing on mine Wink
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I'm planning to go to this.
Will my 205 be accepted in the 306 stand? It's diesel, french and will be running a big turbo :pray:
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
strictly_derv Wrote:I'm planning to go to this.
Will my 205 be accepted in the 306 stand? It's diesel, french and will be running a big turbo :pray:

Of course it will mate, get yourself along Big Grin
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
I reckons my car is just about there now... might attempt to get one of my boxes "removed"
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
So much to do! So little time!
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
Toxic-Jake Wrote:So much to do! So little time!

This...........^^ I need to pull my finger out!
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
Would anyone recommend the dyno?
Saw a few cars on it last year with realistic figures coming out.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Realistic? Where were you looking lol
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsc57da38e.jpg]
Thanks given by:
306 Dt with 110, GTI engined quicksilver 120, 106 XSI 105. Sounded fair to me?
And ofcourse Darrens with 190 but who know whats that should be at.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
padge Wrote:Realistic? Where were you looking lol

I thought the results last year were largely accurate TBH and the operator was totally sound (shame it looks like its a different company this year!), why do you appear to think otherwise??
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
IMO the dyno last year was one of the most accurate dynos ive ever seen at a car show, and the guys operating it were sound / totally open to talking to you, certainly a shame if they have changed it again for this year...
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
darrenjlobb Wrote:IMO the dyno last year was one of the most accurate dynos ive ever seen at a car show, and the guys operating it were sound / totally open to talking to you, certainly a shame if they have changed it again for this year...

Do you remember the company?
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
strictly_derv Wrote:
darrenjlobb Wrote:IMO the dyno last year was one of the most accurate dynos ive ever seen at a car show, and the guys operating it were sound / totally open to talking to you, certainly a shame if they have changed it again for this year...

Do you remember the company?

IIRC it was red.dot
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
Are you being serious? I know 2 cars that went on there from my area, a saxo that took 12 hours to live map the week before fcs making 168.2bhp and it made 128bhp on fcs rollers lol, and his mate in a 106 rallye with gti engine that pulled 152bhp the same time as the saxo and on fcs rollers it made 144bhp i wouldnt waste my money
Thanks given by:
Or the rollers they were mapped on were shit as the place that tuned them wanted to look good so over read the results............ever think of that? Just because the owners didn't like the results doesn't mean they were wrong!

Every car that I saw on there made roughly the power it was expected to!
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
If those rollers were wrong, they would be consistently wrong... those 2 results are inconsistent...
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Mine made 10-20hp MORE than wat I was expecting tbh, so id deffo not say undereading. As mark said, was probe other dynos reading high more than that one reading low.
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
The Red.Dot ones were wank, WAY overreading... I saw a 1.8XS, standard, Siemens ECU, known to be a twat if you change ANYTHING, with an induction cone and it made 148hp.... Errr nah...

The ones last year weren't that bad at all, pretty accurate I'd say. Basically, heartbreaker dyno, any dyno that is "under reading" I'd say is just accurate lol... No one wants a dyno that UNDER reads, but no one minds one that OVER reads, it makes them more money Wink
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Ruan Wrote:The Red.Dot ones were wrist exercise, WAY overreading... I saw a 1.8XS, standard, Siemens ECU, known to be a lady garden if you change ANYTHING, with an induction cone and it made 148hp.... Errr nah...

The ones last year weren't that bad at all, pretty accurate I'd say. Basically, heartbreaker dyno, any dyno that is "under reading" I'd say is just accurate lol... No one wants a dyno that UNDER reads, but no one minds one that OVER reads, it makes them more money Wink

What was the one last year then?? because I thought that was red.dot................

it can't be shit and good at the same time! lmao
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
My mates cars were on dynodynamic rollers, the saxo was on tb's for christ sake
Thanks given by:
Shit I'm running out of time!
Need to do an engine rebuild, lower, get the roof painted/vinyl'd and a massive paint work correction and detail. Bad times.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Don't worry about it we're putting you at the back anyway!
Thanks given by:
Scott Wrote:Don't worry about it we're putting you at the back anyway!

That's alright I'll go on .net. Then I'll be at the back, front and both sides of their stand.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
lmao
Thanks given by:
[Image: map2012.png]
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I will bring my slide hammer for the torsion bars haha. can't wait now!
[Image: Foxy2.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Foxy-jim Wrote:I will bring my slide hammer for the torsion bars haha. can't wait now!

Want me to bring my bar puller too just in case? Smile
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
We could be the rear beam lowering team!
[Image: Foxy2.jpg]
Thanks given by:
lol I tell you now, by the time I have driven there the last thing on my mind will be lowering fecking torsion bars and getting shit high, I might supervise (point and laugh) though if that will help at all?? Big Grin
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  8 weeks Saturday to French Car Show, FREE parade laps and more on offer Joel @ PFC 13 3,783 26-06-2013, 12:13 AM
Last Post: Joel @ PFC
  5 Weeks Saturday Until #FCS2013 Joel @ PFC 0 1,007 25-06-2013, 11:59 PM
Last Post: Joel @ PFC
  FCS is just over 12 weeks away – 2012 is jammed to the brim… frenchcarshow 1 874 18-03-2012, 08:17 PM
Last Post: frenchcarshow