Retrofitting Auto Wipers

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Retrofitting Auto Wipers
I have auto wipers on my Ph.2 that worked very well when the car was running, and I'd like to retrofit them to my Ph.1.

I have heard it is possible to remove the rain sensor and metal parts that hold it on, and adhere these to the windscreen? Is this true?
Secondly, I am aware that I'll need to swap the auto-wiper stalk over (hopefully it plugs in).
Would I need to change anything else, eg relays or other wiring?

Trying to assess how much hassle this would be.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
No idea but if you have one without and the stalks swap I want to swap mine to manual. If they are straight swap your welcome to whatever auto bits are.on my phase 2. ( doesnt work though but wiring all there)
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
I've got my old Ph.2 here, trying remove the wiring as we speak, not sure where the other end is after it disappears behind the dash.
I'm away for a while after today so won't be swapping any time soon just want to make a start on getting everything I need.

I do have a manual stalk but it is from a Ph.1 so not sure if there is a difference.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
The loom is quite different I think, and one single blue relay separate from fuseboard for non-auto, 2 purple relays on fuseboard for auto. Also don't think you'll have the rain sensor loom?

That's ph3 though, ph1 may be different!
Thanks given by:
No I don't think I'll have the loom...the rain sensor is attached to wiring that runs down the passenger a-pillar so I'm going to try to extract the whole lot of wiring but I don't fancy removing the dash so wondering if it is possible to thread out behind it.
I wonder if anyone knows where it routes or has an autodata diagram or something.

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
I think the cabin loom is one complete loom (all bar the auto-AC loom) so I'm not sure you'll be able to separate it tbh. Feel free to prove me wrong though lol.
Thanks given by:
Balls.
If I have to chop the rain sensor loom off and then wire it up somehow that might be a bit much for me.

Project Thread
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to disable auto wipers bashbarnard 8 1,680 09-04-2016, 08:25 PM
Last Post: Piggy
  Auto wipers philpemberton94 12 2,149 05-08-2014, 04:30 PM
Last Post: RetroPug
Question Auto wipers not working cr00000w 6 2,354 08-01-2014, 10:10 PM
Last Post: JamesG